Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ultrachrist posted:

Man what the gently caress, I failed the last (?) mission at the very end, which was painful enough, but unlike every other time I died, it didn't re-load with all my supplies. Now I'm seriously low on screws and copper. Is there an easy to way to get either?

Force quitting the drat game if I am about to fail again.

Did you select Restart From Last Save or Return To Base? The latter one makes you drop a box full of your poo poo to pick back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I posted about having that same problem some time ago. It seems that when you die at your base, all of the supplies you used are permanently gone because the game is constantly saving your profile.

edit: Unless you're not talking about a mission that takes place at your base, in which case hell I dunno what could've happened.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 13, 2018

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
^That's it. I ran through the base several times during the mission.

It ended up being fine because I realized I had enough supplies for hundreds of fire arrows. So I tried again and beat the mission using fire arrows (you can run back to base for more). Good game.

I figured I'd give multiplayer a shot but no one joined my quick match that I left up for a while (PS4).

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Got all the cosmetics after a few fairly casual days, but a single map for this event has gotten a bit stale. Glad.i got explosive arrows and ammo at least!

Might just get enough BP for the base manuals and stop there.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ultrachrist posted:

^That's it. I ran through the base several times during the mission.

It ended up being fine because I realized I had enough supplies for hundreds of fire arrows. So I tried again and beat the mission using fire arrows (you can run back to base for more). Good game.

I figured I'd give multiplayer a shot but no one joined my quick match that I left up for a while (PS4).

I will play this crap game with you and any other goon who wants to get down. Add me, psn: mr_dread

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh man, the ending for just peacing the gently caress on outta there after Chris. poo poo's great, I'm now stuck in a baseless desert expected to find my way home.

I assume I gotta do the other ending to get Hard Mode poo poo?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

widespread posted:

Oh man, the ending for just peacing the gently caress on outta there after Chris. poo poo's great, I'm now stuck in a baseless desert expected to find my way home.

That ending implies you become one of the wandering Mother Base soldiers Venom Snake rescues in the MGS5 side missions, hence the photograph you wake up with :ssh:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

CJacobs posted:

That ending implies you become one of the wandering Mother Base soldiers Venom Snake rescues in the MGS5 side missions, hence the photograph you wake up with :ssh:

Daaaaaaaaamn son. :allears:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Am I to assume that all the legendary yellow gear comes out of the extreme difficulty?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Higher chance. You can get epics from hard.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Looks like they added a new event with a very odd head reward.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Nice quality of life change for Base Digs, 24 hour timer dropped to 22 hours and now you trigger all phases manually, no more having to make sure you're offline if you want to auto-resolve (or you can personally defend it whenever you want instead of being on a deadline)

Capacity has been rebalanced too, my Level 3 base dropped from 100% in use to 85% so I could finally fit advanced buildings without compromising defenses

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RICKY

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Holy poo poo they WHAT

Maybe I hop back on and do Base Digs.

:stare: Don’t make me choose between Beret and that.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Seemlar posted:

Nice quality of life change for Base Digs, 24 hour timer dropped to 22 hours and now you trigger all phases manually, no more having to make sure you're offline if you want to auto-resolve (or you can personally defend it whenever you want instead of being on a deadline)

Capacity has been rebalanced too, my Level 3 base dropped from 100% in use to 85% so I could finally fit advanced buildings without compromising defenses

This is a real nice change.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, theyre really listening aren't they?

I'm kind of treading water with the game, but I'm still enjoying it. Only way for me to get more equipment is S ranking Extreme, and pubbies just aren't organised for that. Still get level 50s on Hard who run straight to the boss, and piss scratch damage on it as our defenses get over run.

Other than that it's all cool. I'll just have to give up on getting the platinum. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Event's a little underwhelming, but hey, kitty hat! Big QOL changes with the base defense stuff - and turrets now only take up 0.4%, so I've triples my defense rating and no longer have any gaps. :getin:

Can forget about ranking on the BP leader boards...

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

Event's a little underwhelming, but hey, kitty hat! Big QOL changes with the base defense stuff - and turrets now only take up 0.4%, so I've triples my defense rating and no longer have any gaps. :getin:

Can forget about ranking on the BP leader boards...

Yeah no, those 1000 can keep their plates and mat cases. I just want cat on head.

And enough supplies to auto-defend please. I don't think I'm that good at manual defend.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Manual defend is easy. Use fire arrows, throw some grenades, fire your gun a bit, and plop down a bunch of auto turrets before starting. I'm at defence 4 and I haven't had much of an issue.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Honestly, you can get by with a stack of 12 grenades and a ringed fence if you're on the ball. It's not something to take lightly, but over preparing is possible!

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Hey, chapter replay is out. Apparently there is a cosmetic pair of sunglasses you can earn by doing it. It looks like replaying means facing slightly higher level enemies, but hardly anything dangerous. I would assume by the fact that the chapters are listed under normal that there might be hard or challenge modes of some kind?

I tried to see if there was any mention of future plans in the steam forums, but it's literally nothing but trolling threads about how few people are playing this game compared to TPP. Weird.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
People still really love to clutch their pearls about how MGS5 (the game that is literally unfinished) is better than Survive as if it really matters any.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The fuss about that "hidden message" being a gently caress you to Konami was always amazing, given those NPCs existed in TPP.

Or did Kojima's team know something we didn't.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Aww yeah I got Ricky.

night slime
May 14, 2014
I think they changed the employment history to be relevant since all my medical team are doctors or vets or sports trainers now instead of like, dog walker.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I just got this game and I'm down to play together if you’re patient with a noob. PSN: smh17

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

smallmouth posted:

I just got this game and I'm down to play together if you’re patient with a noob. PSN: smh17
FYI it'll be a while before you even unlock multiplayer, and they're self-contained affairs, it's not like the game just has coop in the campaign

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I cannot stop playing this stupid game, despite how the only equipment that can drop for me is now in Extreme, and my base is defended by an autonomous network of rocket launchers and mini guns.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

It's really weird how addictive it is. Hopefully they add a couple new maps and maybe another enemy type soon.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
7 day premium boosters are on sale at 200 sv coins, but theyre a one time thing.

I'd highly suggest you only get one if you're done with the campaign, though. It breaks a ton of the survival elements early on.

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

7 day premium boosters are on sale at 200 sv coins, but theyre a one time thing.

I'd highly suggest you only get one if you're done with the campaign, though. It breaks a ton of the survival elements early on.

Agreed, but they are just about a must-have if you're leveling subclasses or unlocking weapon perks though. I actually spent money again on this ridiculous game to buy a couple of 30-day boosters.

titties
May 10, 2012

I lost my Himalayan brown bear like a month ago during a base defense. Another one finally spawned today and i killed it with a single fire arrow ffs

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I keep losing Jahuty birds because they end up falling on a bloody cliff or something.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
This supposedly bad game is actually pretty fun. I've currently got it from Gamefly, but it's on sale on Amazon for $16.33. I'm honestly not too sure how much of the multiplayer I would be interested in, but having a good time with the single player campaign. I just got the digger and defended my base once, can someone tell me how much more of the campaign I have left?

titties
May 10, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

This supposedly bad game is actually pretty fun. I've currently got it from Gamefly, but it's on sale on Amazon for $16.33. I'm honestly not too sure how much of the multiplayer I would be interested in, but having a good time with the single player campaign. I just got the digger and defended my base once, can someone tell me how much more of the campaign I have left?

If I remember correctly you haven't hit the halfway point yet. Unfortunately, though, this is largely a loot game and much like Destiny the end of the single-player campaign is the beginning of the real game where you play the same multiplayer maps over and over to grind gear forever

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I actually got a little frustrated with the game and sent it back to Gamefly, but it dropped even lower on Amazon so I bought it. The difficulty spikes can be pretty brutal, nothing like spending 30-40 minutes on a mission to die to bullshit and have to restart from last save. Then you feel like it's a waste of time picking stuff up, because you are likely to die on the mission and you might not get the option to have a box drop.

I had a few new player questions. Do I go through my water hydration faster if I sprint, or should I always be sprinting? I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not, but it seems like if I find a pack of animals and I only kill 2 out of the 3 goats or whatever, that they respawn faster than if I killed them all. Is that a thing?

This game is pretty tense, like I feel the anxiety of knowing I'm wasting time tinkering in my base. I'm still not at a point where I feel I can explore leisurely, if that ever happens. I think this game might have had a better reception with some checkpoints and maybe a thirst/hunger slider/option, but I still enjoy it for what it is.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 20, 2018

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

You start with some revival pills in the bases inventory. You should always carry them with you, since they don't take up really any weight. Don't waste them on open world exploring, but feel free to use them on the long missions like that; they aren't super hard to get more of, especially once you get bear cages.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

And to answer your question, you absolutely do get to the point where you can leisurely dick around... except in the dust, really. You don’t upgrade your O2 tank so that’s always a bit of an issue.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You will eventually (and I mean veeeery eventual) unlock an item that'll let you resupply without having to leave the Dust... but by the time you get it, you probably will already know your way around pretty well so you might not need it! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Do any of the subclasses allow you to swing two handed weapons faster?

• Locked thread