Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah that turned fast. Mize did not look sharp at all.

Good win today. UF just couldn’t capitalize.

RUBBER MATCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

uh both of these games are loving amazing

meltdowns and bombs everywheere

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Gotta feel bad for Cal State losing thanks to four errors in one half-inning, but WOO UW

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

God drat y’all. Taking game 3 from Vandy in extras... god drat. This team is unflappable.

It would be wild if we somehow won it all this year. This would be our first natty in any sport ever.

For reference, I think we started the year 14 - 15 with some really terrible losses to some baaaaad RPI teams. Then through the second half of the season we swept Arkansas, took 3/4 from Ole Miss, and swept ducking Florida.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Traitorous Leopard posted:

God drat y’all. Taking game 3 from Vandy in extras... god drat. This team is unflappable.

It would be wild if we somehow won it all this year. This would be our first natty in any sport ever.

For reference, I think we started the year 14 - 15 with some really terrible losses to some baaaaad RPI teams. Then through the second half of the season we swept Arkansas, took 3/4 from Ole Miss, and swept ducking Florida.

You guys are on a wild loving ride right now

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

The horns basically have no pitching left today

We're gonna have to piece something together with spare parts and bullpen guys

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

You guys should be setting a reminder to turn the TV on every time Kody Clemens is up to bat

He is just unstoppable right now. 3 homers in the supers, 5 in the tournament, 24 on the year

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

TTech is going to Omaha, and with Arkansas up 5-0 with one out in the 1st it looks like they'll be calling hogs there too.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

AU@UF is real good and you should turn it on

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This game is killing me. I'm going to down this whole sixer of Hi-5 in the game of Stress Drinky.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Top 8 tied 2-2, yes this is prime Auburn fan heart-attack territory. I swear being an Auburn fan should be listed as a preexisting condition.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Wylie posted:

Top 8 tied 2-2, yes this is prime Auburn fan heart-attack territory. I swear being an Auburn fan should be listed as a preexisting condition.

I mean, UF has taken leaving runners on base to a high art form. You should be emboldened by this.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mothergoddamnfuck that catch.

Y'all gonna win. All the breaks going your way.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nice knowing you thread, I assume we will all be dead by the time this game ends

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Mothergoddamnfuck that catch.

Y'all gonna win. All the breaks going your way.

We have to get a bat on anything your closer throws, which I am not confident of

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Wylie posted:

We have to get a bat on anything your closer throws, which I am not confident of

We will have to score before his arm explodes into dust--which seems unlikely at this point.

It's a war of attrition--and your corner out- and infielders are taking everything away from us.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That seemed like a strike

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That seemed like a strike

I'd feel bad if Byrne hadn't gotten squeezed on two straight pitches yesterday before the walkoff. :colbert:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:negative:

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Man, make sure that guy doesn't go anywhere alone for a while :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

OH......MY.....GOD

So is that simultaneously Top10 and NotTop10?

....my gently caress, what an agonizing way to lose. Poor fella. Jesus.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That guy is going to be treated on campus like a UF kicker pre Eddy

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

vyst posted:

That guy is going to be treated on campus like a UF kicker pre Eddy

He homered in Game 2, without which there wouldn’t have been a game 3 to blow. Sure, it sucks, but he’ll be treated fine. This whole team overachieved its rear end off all year, they’ve been playing with house money all weekend in Gainesville.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah I haven't even brought myself to take a close look at a replay but it didn't really seem in real time like a play you expect to make, if not for the circumstances I'm not sure it's remarkable.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah I haven't even brought myself to take a close look at a replay but it didn't really seem in real time like a play you expect to make, if not for the circumstances I'm not sure it's remarkable.

He was playing deep enough to make a play but I think that ball gets out.

He was probably a centimeter short of hauling it in. Agonizing way to lose.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Uh. https://twitter.com/alexrileysn/status/1007750614556831744

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

STOP IT ARKY THEY'RE ALREADY DEAD

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Quit molesting Texas so we can get to the second game

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LeeMajors posted:

Also I look forward to UF’s 0-2BBQ after all my poo poo talk.

:sigh:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Team full of high round draft picks playing like high schoolers

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

this ump in the UNC-MSU game has a huge zone

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The UNC-OSU game was unbelievable. I have no idea who we're going to pitch Friday. At least the Beavers haven't needed good pitching to win so far.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HMS Beagle posted:

The UNC-OSU game was unbelievable. I have no idea who we're going to pitch Friday. At least the Beavers haven't needed good pitching to win so far.

OH gently caress

I got beat down pretty good at work the past couple days and I tried to stay up. Fell asleep at 6-3.

:negative:

I can't believe I missed the comeback. Wtf.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now

HMS Beagle posted:

I have no idea who we're going to pitch Friday.

Probably this guy

(or Bryce)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bacon chat during the game is the best

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kevin O trying to Mike Martin himself trotting our freshman after freshman. gently caress.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

LeeMajors posted:

Kevin O trying to Mike Martin himself trotting our freshman after freshman. gently caress.

really needed to keep byrne in our pocket but thankfully he only went 14 or 15 pitches. raiders just would not go away man. proud of the gators for hanging tough but playing arky with singer on four days of rest has me sweating haha

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Sir Plus posted:

really needed to keep byrne in our pocket but thankfully he only went 14 or 15 pitches. raiders just would not go away man. proud of the gators for hanging tough but playing arky with singer on four days of rest has me sweating haha

Arky is red loving hot right now. I don't know how we take two in a row from them. :ohdear:

Those freshman hung tough, but they totally made it a nailbiter. Goddamn.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

GG Hogs, spanked us good. This team wasn’t particularly well-built for TD this year. :smith:

Championship series gonna be lit no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Glad as always that UNC is out, funny that it’s OSU that did it again, and I guess at least they did it in spite of Heimlich? Anyway pretty difficult not to go all in for Arkansas, so expect another Beaver title.

• Locked thread