Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah they do OP don't let them tell you different

Like tight emo kid jeans skinny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There's only one universal thing women like and that is:

stop being a thirsty moron like you're 15 and in high school again jfc have some self respect

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

women don't really give a gently caress what a guy looks like

Why do you spread these lies?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sure there is:

a nicely waxed butthole

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maybe? It's still important.

quote:

Physical attractiveness may serve as a gatekeeper directing us toward partners who are healthy, age appropriate, and able to reproduce (Weeden and Sabini, 2005). And when we make real-life dating and mating decisions, research indicates, physical appearance dominates: We choose to pursue relationships with those who are attractive to us (see Luo and Zhang, 2009; Kurzban and Weeden, 2005; Thao et al., 2010).

Men (both gay and straight) seem to consciously recognize the importance of physical attractiveness more than women (both straight and lesbian; see Lippa, 2007). However, experimental research, as well as evidence from online dating and speed dating, shows that physical attractiveness is equally important to men and women. Further, attractiveness tends to be a more important factor in our dating decisions than traits like personality, education, and intelligence (Eastwick et al., 2011; Eastwick and Finkel, 2008; Luo and Zhang, 2009; Kurzban and Weeden, 2005; Sprecher, 1989; Thao et al., 2010). Physical attractiveness may be so important to us because we associate other positive qualities with a pleasing appearance. For example, attractive individuals are expected to be happier and to have more rewarding life experiences than unattractive individuals (Dion et al., 1972; Griffin and Langlois, 2006). This tendency to associate attractiveness with positive qualities occurs crossculturally (Shaffer et al., 2000; Zebrowitz et al., 2012).

There's:

quote:

One reason we may not consciously realize the importance of physical attractiveness is that we don’t necessarily want partners who are extremely attractive—we just want partners who are attractive enough. In Dion et al.’s (1972) research, both attractive and moderately attractive individuals were viewed more positively than less attractive counterparts. Similarly, in Griffin and Langlois’ (2006) research, a lack of attractiveness was associated with negative qualities, but only a moderate level of attractiveness was necessary to make one's associations positive. To interest us, then, potential mates do not need to be exceptionally attractive, only moderately so.

but you could say the same about men, really, despite all the macho talk over drinks.

Pick posted:

i didn't even require that the man person who treated me like garbage have all of the customary bits

Yeah but you do not represent all women just sayin'.

That's not meant to be a personal dig that's just meant to be legit you are not a big enough sample size.

And Spinster you were just talking about writing a poem about a Greek god with butt dimples c'mon lol.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 18, 2018

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spinster posted:

I wonder if being *smart* makes the other person being *smart* more important compared to other traits. I'll bet it does, it did for me.

Does for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Statutory Ape posted:

this week a coworker told me she'd find me insanely hot if i just never talked

she's negging you

• Locked thread