Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Nice. A game that acknowledges what scum humans are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I can't tell if sentimental and Tobbs want in, but just let me know and I can add you.

Still time to decide though. Come one, come all~

I posted so I'm in

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mr. F! posted:

I will play.

##dayvidge Mr. F!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mr. F! posted:

What did I ever do to you?

Dayvidged me

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Mafia’s been making me real mad lately but I want to find a way back to not being mad at it, and I like this player list a lot. So I’m gonna try again, and I’m gonna try really hard to play this game entirely differently and more relaxed than I usually do.

Let’s do it, cause I also need to finish Westworld Season 1!

This is a scum post.

##vote Quid

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dancer posted:

I see jokephase has started already.

Turbo this scum D1 imo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tolly Totes posted:

Explain the popularity of Medieval Times

There isn't an olfactory record of hiatory.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

im just gonna say i probably will not be very active this weekend

You got me killed in a game you weren't playing.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

ill get you killed in ones i play in too :twisted:

no

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

this is a longshot but ##vote tobbs

Bad move, partner!

Why don't we go hit up the bar? I'll order you something sweet and strong, though I mostly prefer water myself.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also: Message received, glad you're on our side.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

self voting bad but not voting tobbs also bad

Since we were both town last game if I die N1 you are definitely human flerp.

Definitely.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You know who's probably almost definitely likely scum?

##vote TIAS

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

I’m a :siren: :siren: guy :siren: :siren: in this game.

Guy, a term typically used to describe HUMANS

EXTERMINATE

##vote merk

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp, who is scum posted:

im glad this game caters to my desire to kill every living Westworld-aligned Host (esp tobbs)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

that's the last thing that i would want to do

i will kill you westworld-aligned host

Gosh look at this scum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

i know, everybody should look at me as a shining example of how to play this game poorly

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

Stop ruining the customers’ immersion.

EX TERRRRRR MINATE

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
[quote="Tolly Totes" post="481594408"]
Hello everybody! Good morning!

##vote Tolly
[/quote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

Third vote is always scum! :eng101:
##vote Tolly Totes

Totes

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

I just started watching new who from season 1 with the kiddo. He likes it so far. We haven't gotten to the Dalek's yet.

Oh man, I don't think I've seen any of the earlier ones. The first ones I saw were with the 9th or 10th doctor.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

Tobbs this is a malformed (OMGUS) vote. You've posted since but didn't correct it. What am I supposed to make of that? I don't pretend to know, so how about telling me?

Tolly and I were just scum together so I see all this as tongue-in-cheek jokephasy stuff.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

I'd ask if this is a joke but you seem as serious as a heart attack. Why should someone in their second game have 'actual opinions' a day 1 that's been slow as hell? This coming right after MMT starts questioning them too, now that I think about it.

Oh, I know! Tolly, what do you think of the complete and irrevocable murder of jokephase by DGK2000 and MMT?
(You don't have to answer this. For people who don't understand these things this was a joke question. You can if you want though! :D)

I don't remember it being mentioned in thread that this is Tolly's second game.

HURMMMMM

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

I mentioned this in one of my earlier replies but I've read most of the Mafia games recently. The main exception is Shine because I didn't want to deal with reading multiple threads for a single game.

/disbelieve

##vote Lando

Especially since Tolly said she was a new player, but didn't explicitly state Samurai was her first game.

Unless you want to prove me wrong?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs basically posted:

So Tobbs, is the idea that we're both on a team together and I've told Lando it's my second game and then he said it in the thread?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tolly Totes posted:

Ok. This is a bad idea. Do you believe it?

My guess is that he's talking OOT with someone. Doesn't have to be you, but would be anyone familiar with the Samurai game.

Talking OOT is usually a good sign someone is scum (though masonries are possible).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

If Lando is scum and flips I'll keep this in mind, but I'm willing to let it go for now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

I love sex.

The pr makes me not even want to post

Ask if you can put it in a sig.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

50 pounds of bread posted:

You try being injected with mystery whatever n0 and not being concerned about it.

Reeelaaaaax.

Humans are overly concerned with injections, unlike us hosts.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tolly Totes posted:

Oh by the way Tobbs, it may not be clear, but my vote on you is not a joke about us being on a team together or anything. It's a real vote.

Well that's dumb because I'm very much town.

Tolly Totes posted:

To be clear I have a reason, just not a case yet. If that makes sense.

Atomic Soda posted:

lando making a lurker callout on a weekend seems like he's flailing but i'm not sold on the he's scum cause he knows tolly is new case.

tolly you have my interest ##vote tobbs

In case it's not blindingly obvious that this is a scummy push.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is something I agree with. New to the game or community, it shouldn't be the deciding factor for alignment or how many grains of salt we should take.

Tolly has experience beyond our community (revealed in Samurai scum chat) and L has played in this community in past so...

Just shoot from the hip. An AA approved strat. Always.

I don't think L recognizing she played in two games is indicative of OOT, just because this info is readily available in VF.

VF comes with neat tools that shouldn't necessarily be uses to hunt scum like avg. Post count or number of games in or last posted, but yeah....

Just my 2 cents on this whole line of case work.

Instead, I still like my vote on MMT because I haven't seen anything worse than that tag a long case.

Looking into this Tobbs stuff.

You kind of have to look for it, it doesn't show up if you just go to votefinder to check the count for the game you're currently in.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
hot take:

MMT firing out of the gate is more like her town game. AA just having been scum with her (and me) should be able to see that difference.

Gonna hold my vote though because he's got enough heat on him for now.

I'm interested to hear what he thinks of Tolly's case on me, which is that she explicitly says there isn't one.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

hot take:

MMT firing out of the gate is more like her town game. AA just having been scum with her (and me) should be able to see that difference.

Gonna hold my vote though because he's got enough heat on him for now.

I'm interested to hear what he thinks of Tolly's case on me, which is that she explicitly says there isn't one.

The other votes being flerp, my arch-nemesis, and AS, who added on "Yeah, sure Tolly, whatever."

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I did replace in though :ohdear:

And I try not to follow meta too closely. Usually for frustration behavior and authoritative versus contributing posting. Those are my biggest tells for most players.

I just think it was a poor case that called out specific inconsistencies that didn't exist in my own posts.

And does bad casing from MMT immediately scream scum to you?

Because I believe even in post-game discussion we talked about MMT's casing in Shine being pretty not-great. She was town, though, and I pushed her that whole game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

In shine 2 she played similarly was scum and won that game.

I think meta is useful but not great.

And it's more that what she called me out on specifically. It's not that the case is Bad, it's that she says I did something I didn't do. Where dgk was weird suspicion, and Lumpen was just probing not even voting.

Mmt came in with a weird case about me lying about trying to determine alignment from unvoting on what was definitely a d1 joke vote.

I'll take another look.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I think this is a scum post. It reads to me like he doesn't know whether to be

(a) serious ("I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps...") or
(b) laid-back ("...for their super serious votes during [jokephase]")

It's like he's trying to sound town, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks he's going to deduce dgk/lumpen's alignment at this point in the game.

##vote AA

Murmur Twin posted:

(fixed grammar on second quote)

This also seems like a weird mixture of joking around (the vote) and being serious (the unvote) that makes me feel like AA is lying instead of just speaking off-the-cuff.

How is it lying? What Have I omitted or been dishonest about? Seems to me that you're intentionally fabricating something that didn't happen.

##vote mmt

I did vote Lumpen though, and then unvoted when I realized he wasn't making a scummy quote vote.

The follow up callout was only in response to some weirdly framed pressure that put scare quotes and italics on a single word from my post.

This push feels inauthentic, and poorly substantiated.

MMT claims I lied about something. My vote o. Her is not an omgus, but in direct response to her actually lying and claiming things that did not happen.

I mean, I'll be waiting on clarification on how I lied about anything.

This is either a misunderstanding or a mischaracterization, AA. You're framing this as MMT saying you lied about something, like night actions for example. What she's saying though is that your stated intention to make an alignment call at this point in the game is false, or filler to give the illusion of participating/making calls.

It sucks to have someone call you a liar, so I'm leaning towards this being a misunderstanding, but your focus on the "lying" aspect of MMT's case could be a way to wave it off without talking about it, which is scummy.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Atomic Soda posted:

i remember it but i also recall he wasn't hugely invested in that game (sorry merk). however this plus the pr makes me suss.

wrong, but feel free to elaborate

why do you think tolly said what she said?

aww i though i said something about your case on lando as well

also wondering if you could answer the question from my earlier post, genuinely don't know what you were responding to there :/ what are you keeping in mind?

If Lando flips scum it's very likely someone who was very familiar with the Samurai game shared that it was Tolly's first game.

Maybe I'm super paranoid, but knowing that this is her second game on the forums requires stalkery behavior or OOT communication.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

I'd ask if this is a joke but you seem as serious as a heart attack. Why should someone in their second game have 'actual opinions' a day 1 that's been slow as hell? This coming right after MMT starts questioning them too, now that I think about it.

Oh, I know! Tolly, what do you think of the complete and irrevocable murder of jokephase by DGK2000 and MMT?
(You don't have to answer this. For people who don't understand these things this was a joke question. You can if you want though! :D)

It was here. And most of the talk about Samurai being Tolly's first game happened in scumdoc/deadchat, which I don't think Lando ever joined.

Yes, you can look her up in votefinder, but that seems like a supremely strange thing to do. Lando's explanations seem wishy-washy to me.

The simplest explanation is that he's communicating OOT with someone who mentioned it. As I said, I'm willing to let it slide until he flips, but if he DOES flip scum, it gives us a clue to who might be one of his scumbros.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Tolly can't have anything to say that's damning.

I'm town, so a N0 cop claim would quickly be revealed as a terrible scum gambit as soon as I flip.

She can't have seen me do anything N0, since I have no N0 action.

She can claim that I'm playing the same way here as I did the last game (where we were scum together) but that's a meta argument and also wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

sentimental snail posted:

I'm not convinced of her being town by any means, but this isn't a tell indicative of mmt's alignment

It's more that "MMT is making bad cases" shouldn't be indicative of a scum alignment to AA.

Though I'll admit that's my own personal feelings on the matter. MMT pushing hard early and being moderately tunnely is associated with town MMT in my mind.

She's more quiet/cautious as scum (as are most players).

• Locked thread