Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
I will tentatively say I'm in, with the caveat that I've played exactly one goon mafia game before. I wasn't hugely active in that one, partially because I wasn't instinctively aware of just how much posting people expect, but in principle I have plenty of free-ish time that I can use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Mr. F! posted:

Welcome, I'm sure you'll do great! :D

I see jokephase has started already.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I think there would be a not insignificant amount of people who want to feel bad-rear end and be cowboys and kill stuff, but who would be grossed out by medieval stuff.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hosts get to respawn right? ##vote Dancer

Dancer
May 23, 2011

HiipFire posted:

sup guys it’s 10:30 AM, I just woke up with a sweet old headache and I feel like death. Hopefully if I down enough water I can function for long enough to actually contribute anything of value.

##vote merk

Hosts don't need water. ##vote HiipFire

Dancer
May 23, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

Going back I see it's Dancer, not tolly who claimed newbie at signup.

I've been reading through the Wandering Samurai very recently to get the flow of things, and I can confirm that Tolly is also a newbie.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Having entirely caught up to the thread, I think I have two questions:
1) Are posting restrictions an actual thing that is done in SA mafia, or is that still some extended jokephase?
2) What's OMGUS?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Tolly Totes posted:

I'm not interested in engaging in a line of question you don't believe in. I just feel like it wouldn't be productive for either one of us.

This is a rather unlikely theory, but I reckoned I'd throw it out there: This looks like it miiiiiight be a posting restriction related to/inspired by "This doesn't look like anything to me".

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't remember it being mentioned in thread that this is Tolly's second game.

HURMMMMM

It is a thing multiple of us will simply be aware about, particularly those people that have just been in a game with her (or, as in my case, have just been busy reading it).

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't like this post. KB hasn't actually explained why he voted MMT and my initial thought was "what's his case, exactly?" Opop trying to piggy back off of something that doesn't exist is weird.

##vote RF

Also susp of Lando, and wanting to hear from Lumpen about what his logic here is.

I've started re-reading the thread, and this is similar to where I landed so far. Except instead of voting RF because of piggy-backing, I find KB more suspect for being possibly the single person to have contributed the least so far (not quite the lowest post-count, but other people with similar posts have all said at least slightly more of substance). I understand that a piggy-back vote off of weak reasoning is probably more suspect to most mafia players around these parts, but I find KB's initial vote with weak reasoning sufficiently suspect that, combined with his lack of activity, it beats RF's suspect...ness.

##vote King Burgundy

Unrelated: this is an instance where I wouldn't know whether I can just use KB instead of their full name. Is there a place where I can see allowed pseudonyms? Also, is it important that a vote be bolded?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm side-eyeing that Dancer vote but he's so new it's probably just newbie jitters.

Why? Legit question; is it weird to see KB's behaviour as suspect? I am acknowledging that RF is also suspect, and if they lurked more I would vote them instead of KB. But KB's "let's drop a vote on a rando for no reason then gtfo" absolutely seems like potentially scummy.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

Your case is not bad. Spending time in a post going "I totally agree that so and so is hella suspicious BUT ACTUALLY LOOK OVER HERE" is the part that's pinging me. But as I said, I think it's probably more newbieness than actual distraction techniques.

A'ight gotcha, I see what you mean. For whatever my saying this might be worth: I absolutely did not want to take attention from studying RF. I would ever be willing to vote for them if the deadline is nearing. I do think KB also might deserve more attention of some sort (with the understanding that there is not a lot of content you could look at).

But I guess we can change that. Hey KB, if you're reading this, please try to present a better case, and/or vote for someone else.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Sooooo, in trying to catch up to some rather twisted and impenetrable conversations that have been happening in this thread, I have made a thing. It is a big thing, it is not necessarily well organized, or well written, or even comprehensive, and you are all entirely welcome to skip it, but it's what I'm using for my own considerations right now.

• 50 pounds of bread
o Claims got injected with thing. Apparently is known for faking weird stuff like this?
o Later in the thread starts flinging a lot of accusations.
• Anomalous Amalgam
o Tries to build cases off of joke-phase posts. Ludicrous “100%” call at bottom of page 5.
o Also has an unjustifiably strong read of Lumpen. Like, I agree Lumpen looks sorta scummy but there’s barely anything there to work with.
o Is a series of six consecutive low-content posts within 5 minutes (page 6) not scummy because good lord that’s some post-count boosting.
o Does that weird vote on Quid, then takes it back. Let’s say honest mistake.
o Makes big case for sensitive snail. Which I kinda of agree with, but it does feel pushy.
• Atomic Soda
o Goes along with Tolly’s vote on Tobbs for no reason, other than “I kinda want to see where tolly is going with this”). Later also follows other votes (on reasonably suspect people).
o To me, they look like they’re a person carefully camouflaging that they’re not actually contributing anything, maybe trying to get an early seat on a bus
• b-minus1
o Not a lot of material. I know nothing.
• Dancer
o Best townie evah (with an admittedly lurker-y tendency)
• Dead Cow
o Is a mean sarcastic jerk. Also rather quiet; I know nothing.
• DGK2000
o Has a slap-fight with AA that I’m not sure how to read
o Makes a lot of posts that seem legit interested in gathering information (though he also misreads sometimes, and it might be malicious).
• Flerp
o Who is this person
• Gridlocked
o Is posting, but I have no conclusion so far.
• Hal Incandenza
o Votes Tobbs because “too defensive”. Believes MMT. Otherwise said nothing.
• HiipFire
o The zero-est of content.
• King Burgundy
o Literally zero content, othen than a vote on MMT for no reason.
o Later a vote on Quid because of “gut read” (also gut read on AS)
• Lando131
o Various comments. Seems weird. Dunno how to read.
• Lumpen
o Claims there was a N0 action on them
o Makes serious complaint of Tolly’s “unsupported 3rd vote on D1 bandwagon” while still in joke phase, and has this weird jokey tone in further posts while saying serious things. (also 3rd-votes on D1 bandwagon himself…)
o Another weird-rear end post&vote (on Tolly) at middle of page 7
o Opinions:
 Lumpen, merk, MMT in Totally Town,
 DGK, Lando, Tobbs in Tentatively Trustable
 everyone else somewhere up or down here
 50, Hal, RF in Somewhat Suspicious
 AA & Tolly in Supposably Scum
• Merk
o Maaaaybe claimed a posting restriction, bottom of page 6, so maybe PR? Not sure if jokephase. References it again on page 8, also not sure if jokephase.
o Starts the case on RF, not totally unjustified
o Jumps to assume brutal cop instead of dayvig, which is apparently weird? (I *think* I know what dayvig is, but dunno how brutal cop would be different)
• Mr. F!
o Who is this person
• Murmur Twin
o Seems quick to abandon jokephase with a vote on AA, but that’s as a response to AA also being weirdly eager to abandon jokephase (for no reason)
o Followed KB’s switch to quid. Did the crazy thing with Quid. Has… decent reasoning for it, and was presumably a low-risk play.
o Proceded to vote Hiipfire because zero content (which is true).
o Used the :350: smiley on page 12, and I’m told breadcrumbs are a thing?
• Quidthulhu
o Agrees with me on KB and RF (and made those opinions mostly known before mine so if they’re trying to buddy up to me, they didn’t really initiate)
o Got shot in the face and stood back up.
• Retro Futurist
o Seems to start a push for MMT kinda out of nowhere on page 8? Based only off of KB’s previous vote with zero reasoning (in the middle of that stupid af pages-long derail about Tolly’s experience level)
o Claims to be town-alligned, but human. Does this mean miller?
• sentimental snail
o claims no pr (top page 10).
o Would vote RF but not KB (which I personally dislike)
• Tobbs Gnawed
o Weird interaction with Tolly that I’m not sure I understand (and is probably irrelevant)
o Claims no N0 action; does not claim no pr (top page 10).
o Votes flerp because of lurking
• Tolly Totes
o Is weird about greeting people. Gtfo creep. Also kinda has a robotic tone. Indicative of PR?
o Real vote for Tobbs. When asked for a reason she says yes, but no case yet.
o Apparently voted Tobbs to test him, because Tobbs has jumped from vote to vote early in the game.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Mafia edit: Lol I just now realized PR stands for post restriction. I kept assuming it was a power role. This is particularly relevant for what I said about Tobbs. "Does not claim no pr". On page 10 they say they're "town with no N0 action".

A question for King Burgundy: Can you please actually justify one of your votes? Particularly in light of the MMT/Quid event, you need to change your vote anyway.

A question for Tolly. Your speech pattern thing might've been joke-phase (though I think it lasted too long for that), it might be you screwing around, it might be a restriction, or it might be result of something that happened in N0. I think the most relevant one of those, to us, is if something happened to you N0. Do you have anything to share?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
BTW Lumpen can we be friends now

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Decent, hardworking hosts:
Dancer, MMT, Quid (no surprises here)
Vaguely trustworthy:
DGK, Tobbs, Tolly, mark
Suspiciously squishy:
50 pounds, AA, Lando, Lumpen
Vile meat-puppets:
AS, KB, RF, SS

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

How come I don't get to be on your list. This is list based abuse.

You're in the gray area in the middle. Where I have made no decision about you at all.

Gridlocked posted:

At this rate we're gonna stall out on day 1 voting and not lynch anyone.

Since people don't seem willing to pick up KB, I'm perfectly willing to ##vote sentimental snail (RF also an option).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
(phonepost so I can't make more than one quote)
Answering merk's question. My primary reason is this:

sentimental snail posted:

I would vote for rf. probably would not for kb, probably would for most others

I understand voting for RF over KB. I don't understand actively refusing to vote for KB while accepting to vote for "most others", when KB has done nothing of value, and has in fact been slightly scummy. This reads to me like a person who has a vested interest in protecting KB. Might be scum, might be some 3rd party role, I don't know.

For the record, I actually think I would prefer RF lynch over SS (as stated before). I find RF slightly more suspect, and they also posted more content to go on in case of a scum flip. I voted SS because that brought forth a tie between two of the people I find most suspect. I will be ok with whichever way the tie breaks.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Btw, can someone clarify for me, in vanilla mafia terms, what dayvig and brutal cop are? My current understanding is, a dayvig is someone who can kill someone at some point during the day (presumably one time only). Presumably town-alligned, but could be other allignments too. Brutal cop is the same, except it doesn't kill town-alligned people? So in the case of Quid having some sort of protection, we don't know the difference, but otherwise MMT is brutal cop.

Is there precedent for there being a role that can do a 100% harmless "day kill" for a gambit or sth?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm.

KB: Literally zero content. Except this content. Also later this other content.
Mr. F!(The true literal zero): Who is this?

Really? Seems like someone has a bias.

I view a lack of posting as a thing that can happen to anyone. Life, or lack of motivation, who knows. A lack of posting *while flinging accusations without supporting them at all* is indeed something I am biased against. So ok, you're trying to break the meta, I'll keep in mind, but I will still probably more easily view you as suspect for it.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

KB: Literally zero content. Except this content. Also later this other content.
On a re-read, I didn't make this clear enough in my last post.
"Vote X, because I feel like it"
"Vote Y, because my gut"
is not what I see as content of value. Yes Mr. F, and flerp, and HiipFire are also zero-content people. It is easier for me to view them as lazy (as opposed to malicious), while you fall a bit closer to the likely malicious end of the spectrum.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
SO can I try to ask people's honest opinions. Would you vote someone scummy who has had comparatively little interaction with the game, or someone slightly less scummy (but still scummy) who has interacted a lot, and the flip might gain us a lot of information?

Like, I still want to vote snail, I think he's in top 2 scummiest people, but I'd be willing to swap to someone slightly less suspect who happens to have more dirt on them that we can work with. For the record, here is my list again:

Vaguely trustworthy:
DGK, Tobbs, Tolly, mark
Suspiciously squishy:
50 pounds, AA, Lando, Lumpen
Vile meat-puppets:
AS, KB, RF, SS

I am slowly warming up to RF, he's defensive but not overly so, and at least one person I trust trusts him (MMT), and some of his suspicion comes from a weird time in the game where I didn't know wtf was going on, but he still a little suspect.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm starting to feel myself get Mafia Mad at this game so I'm done with it for awhile. I'll be around before deadline but honestly I feel like I'm just making myself harder to read by engaging in this conversation.

I've said everytihng I need to say, my top four votes in order are Merk, Lumpen, Snail, B-Minus. The cases are there if people want to see them.

Am I right in assuming MMT is currently one of the more trusted people we have? My prefered vote is, as before, snail, but I do find that merk seems unnecessarily aggro (and has been becoming more-so with time). Of particular note is his eagerness to go ham on MMT.

That can be explained as eagerness to avoid a no-lynch, but it's also a bit suspect. I'd be willing to vote merk.

Lumpen is just weird and I don't know how I should read him.

B-minus is on the inactive side, but I don't consider that the things he says are suspect.

So, having said that ##vote merk.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Don't much like this post, it actually feels like a forced leadup to vote merk.

Like why not vote snail (or keep voting snail if you were) if that is your preferred vote? Merk being "aggro" swayed you that much?

Snail was my vote until the merk vote, and I switched simply to move towards a majority. Snail was not catching on, I will be leaving home in half an hour, I am not sure I'll be back by the deadline, and I would prefer to not have a no-lynch. Merk's behaviour didn't sway me, what swayed me was the possibility I'd be wasting my vote if it was on snail.

merk posted:

Why is "aggro" some sort of a scum tell to you?

(slight hyperbole for clarity). It seems to my mind that you are trying to a) start fights with a lot of people and b) doing it loudly/forced (some of your accusations are bullshit, like even if it is your policy to insta-lynch 3P, I don't see why you thought MMT actually was 3P). This fits with a scum trying really hard to get some dirt to stick to someone, without much caring who it is (as long as, presumably, it's not some other scum). It's a little bit of WIFOM, in that in my personal experience (which may very well be different from SA mafia, I legit don't know), scum explicitly want to fly under the radar, they don't want to be too loud, but if you know that I expect that, you will think I will trust you because you're loud.

merk posted:

There isn't much in Dancer. He's a newbie. He voted KB (fine) and me (bad). He has a big effort post with notes.

Not enough there when compared at balance to other reads.

##unvote - I may go back to Gridlocked but want to investigate.

I also voted for Snail.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Totally unrelated to discussions: JFC I feel like I'm dedicating my life to this thread and I'm still 5th lowest post-count how do you people spam so much.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I guess what you're saying makes sense. I legit don't know who to vote now (Snail still my #1 but that's unlikely to actually happen). ##vote snail, with the understanding that I will probably have to swap to help a lynch happen. I'll make sure to come back home at least an hour before deadline so I actually have time to read.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Not fully caught up, but know that the number of people that think I'm suspicious for lurking but are giving Mr. F a pass is hilarious to me. I guess my new meta should be not posting at all in future games? You are trying to turn me into what I hate most and it is really really funny.

I've explained before: I'm not giving Mr. F a pass, but a lack of content isn't as bad as very little but actively malicious content. The fact that you haven't justified your votes other than "gut reads" is scummy (I'm not saying you are scum, just that you might be), and if you are scum, then that falls under "actively malicious".

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I'm approaching my arbitrary self imposed post limit, so going to cut this discussion off and debate it with you after game. But how do you explain your lack of thinking Mr F is scum for the same reasons then? By not posting at all he has somehow escaped your notice? This is part of why I'm doing this. The community as a whole ignores these posters who aren't even trying in favor of those who do. Feel free to not respond to this and just think about it. As I won't continue until post game.

OK. I get your reasoning, that's potentially fine. But it, by now, also feels scummy that you are still failing to understand that no-one is arguing that Mr. F isn't scummy. We just don't know anything about him. Had you had the same amount of posts you have now, but had I read them and thought "hey these posts are contributing", I wouldn't say you are scummier than him. I'm saying you are scummy because of the combination of low post-count and those posts seeming scummy. I'm sure a time will come, and it's likely to be very soon (probably D2) where I, and other people, will run out of patience and will vote out extremely slow posters like Mr. F and flerp (whose allignment we know nothing about, other than the fact that lurking is scummy), over people we actively think are even scummier. For now, I (and other people) deem that they are not yet such a major threat. There is furthermore a case to be made that specifically now, at the start of the game when we don't have any information, the lynching of a high-activity person may be useful (even if lurkers are bad), because post-flip we can get more information from examining their past behaviour (and note that I'm not saying you're high-activity, just higher than Mr.F and flerp). Lynching the lurkers may be better long term, but lynching someone we can learn something from is better right now.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Seems people are really pushing for you KB.

Happy to confirm your N0 if you think it helps.

Wait what now, have I missed this? I'm not asking you to reveal more, has this been brought up before by either you or KB?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer posted:

Vaguely trustworthy:
DGK, Tobbs, Tolly, merk
The Middle
merk, Lando, Gridlocked, Dead Cow, b-minus, Hal
Suspiciously squishy:
50 pounds, AA, Lando, Lumpen, KB, RF, Mr. F, flerp, HiipFire
Vile meat-puppets:
AS, KB, RF, snail

Before I leave my computer and quoting becomes annoying (I'll try to still be here on phone), here's my tier list from earlier, with alterations, and it should now have everyone on it. My current vote is on snail, with AS being my next in line... and I'm not sure anymore about the third place (it used to be KB, but Tobbs' thing changes my view at least a little). I will probably vote for the first person in the bottom two tiers who hits 6 votes (unless debate is still very active, which I strongly doubt it will be).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
One hour left, at -3, should I be panicking?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
8 minutes left, someone please hammer. 50 pounds, you're apparently present and not currently voting snail. Merk is crazy active, he should be around at the deadline (and he's currently voting dgk)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
... welp

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I would like to apologize most deeply for being absent through-out D2. Thursday is generally the busiest day of the week for me (most lectures + board game night), and the day went past like a cheetah on coke. I particularly enjoyed the exploration of poetry, and I wish I was around to contribute my own feelings as I was reading.

Black hole sun
Won't you come
And wash away the rain

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I shall be attempting to collate my thoughts on the happenings of the day, and try to summarize them in a satisfying fashion. I am not sure I want to go into making a list again. That was a bleak, horrible place that I do not wish to fight through a second time.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I must say, it bothers me deeply to see the single-minded focus with which merk was hounding DGK, pushing him to desperate measures. Several cleverer people than I have pointed out cases against him, that I find more convincing with every passing hour.

What I also find noteworthy is the most peculiar relationship between two figures who seem shockingly shadowy for how much lime-light they are taking. Our two companions merk and Lumpen (merk in particular) are attempting to use sheer volume to obfuscate some degree of quiet loyalty to each other, that I believe can best be justified by a common human condition. I find this state of affairs... deeply disturbing, as if some sort of spectre were generating a deafening noise that somehow only I can hear. Presenting a fully sourced case would take a fair bit more effort than I can bring up at this point, but I promise you, dear reader, that there are many worse ways to spend 5 minutes than reading their respective post histories and using Ctrl+f to identify what they say of each other.

Lumpen can be briefly summarised: The only vaguely negative thing he seems to ever post about merk is to accuse him of a so-called "OMGUS" (which, I've noticed, are a dime a dozen around these parts), after which he quickly declares him to be "Totally Town", and proceeds to repeatedly attempt to avert suspicion away from merk. It has been pointed out to me that "the gentleman doth protest too much" is also considered an indicator of vile humanity, and the following exhibit seems to match that situation as much as anything can:

Lumpen posted:

I can see how a reasonable person, (probably smarter than me, I'm no great shakes) might have this cross their mind. merk and I have not expressed much if any suspicion of each other, and merk spoke up to make excuses for me when I was absent, and I initially revealed the concept of there being post restrictions I think, and then also made the public suggestion that it might be proof of being a host, at a time when merk was getting votes.

The effect involves manipulation of my programming attributes, and that would be ineffective on a Human. It does seem like that's effectively a quasi-Cop or multiple quasi-Cops, which could be a stretch with the Brutal DayCop you've claimed. I don't know more about the mechanics of this, I was just the measly unworthy target of it, and I was told that my demeanor should predominantly match my personality setting or there would be a future consequence, and it lasts one day. Flavor-wise it makes more sense that this is an ability that a Human would use on Hosts, which would eliminate the potentially unbalancing aspect of it being a sort of Cop power.

If we were Scumbros who colluded to make this up as a gambit and stick with it from the very first posts of the game, I think that would be an overly risky, bad gambit. On a meta level, I'm a distancer, merk is too.

On D2 I assume there will be at least a couple new, different people acting weird from the same effect, so they'll be able to back it up. I assume that there is a person or people who caused the effects that know we're both telling the truth (and are Hosts) as well. Mechanically, I suspect that this is a Human ability that they're required to use, and it possibly-confirming players as Hosts is more of a drawback. It might lead to people adopting fake post restrictions on future days to try to masquerade as Hosts.

Anyway, I'm sharing true info and being sincere, and I hope that comes through even though I'm so dumb and suck so much.

One single further thing I will highlight:

Lumpen posted:

This is dumb. On a meta level, in my experience, merk doesn't have tells. He's top poster in this game, and he's Scumhunting and contributing. In general, don't try to read merk on a meta level, just on whether he's flipping Scum, and whether he's surviving the night. Start getting real suspicious of merk if he lives to be close to LYLO.

He ended the day voting DKG. If DKG flipped Town I'd maybe consider getting suspicious of merk. If DKG flips Scum, then it'd take a lot to make me suspicious of merk.

Also he talked funny D1.

To my endless dismay, DKG has indeed parted our world, and he has indeed "flipped Town", to use Lumpen's own vocabulary. Yet so far on this third day, Lumpen has rushed to join other people's accusations, first of Hal and later of AA, while neglecting to even mention his supposed suspicion of merk.

Onward we move to suspect number 2, a potentially even more cunning and vicious villain. Again, there seems to be a suspiciously high level of trust present, but, as if he is spooked by shadows, merk seems to be a bit more careful covering his tracks, and attempts to misdirect our watchful gaze by throwing a few... "accusations" for lack of a better word, at Lumpen. Upon closer observation however, those accusations prove themselves to be just a thin veneer, meant to suggest an intent that is not actually there.

merk posted:

Friend, my day 1 reads usually start with tone and then evolve from there. I can't read Lumpen's tone well enough to get a base. The one thing I did find scummy that DGK pointed out I mentioned.

The multiple town reads is a good find. That's scummy. It might be just lazy though.

The other stuff (and I think where your concern originates from which is why it isn't persuasive to me) is that Lumpen has 27 posts this game, most of them low-quality posts. He has zero LumpenLists. If his opinions haven't changed, it's because he's not here to make them or because he's not putting the time in. He comes in, makes a post or two, and then leaves. I don't think he's diving into the game.

I'm not really sure how else you want me to phrase this. I'm reading your case on Lumpen as you putting him up on this pedestal that he isn't meeting, so you're saying he's scum for it. I'm saying he's busy. I'm saying the start of your case is flawed, which lessens the persuasiveness of the whole to me.

merk posted:

Friendlies, I really don't want to sound like a jerk here because this is butting up close to casing someone because they are dealing with personal things outside of the game. However, I don't know if I can past the thought process behind these two posts.

Post 1: I am super busy. I can barely play the game.
Post 2: I spent a bunch of time looking through old posts of mine in old games to deflate a meta argument about whether I capitalized a 't' in a confirmation post. I did this instead of scum hunting.

##vote Lumpen

merk posted:

Ha, ok, that's fair. ##unvote

Still reading.

At first he is actively defending Lumpen, and when he bothers actually presenting an accusation, it is an incredibly shallow one that was unlikely to have persuaded anyone, or have any actual consequences.

My friends, think of the suffering our friend DGK has gone through. Think of what horrid thoughts must've been passing through his circuits as he committed that ultimate act. Think who it was that pushed him to such an act. I cannot in good conscience let this stand. Judging by his loudness, I will assume that, if these threats to our society have any hierarchy, I am assuming merk is the more disposable of the two. As such...

##vote Lumpen

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It is soothing, it is enlightening, it is... unnatural almost how in sync I can be with so many of Lando's thoughts in his recent thesis. My imagination runs wild with what lofty goals we might achieve together.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Lando you are in a tunnel. We totally get that you claim to think merk is Scum. I also pretty much guarantee merk is not going to get 9 votes today.

So who else is Scum, Lando?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lyEQD-DgyE

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Dancer, you appear to be talking funny. Give what I assume you now ought to know about talkin' funny, do you think a Human could have that happen?

I have little reason to fall on either side of the issue. Flavour would obviously suggest no, but following flavor in this game leads to bad conclusions.

Tolly Totes posted:

Lumpen why do you think people are getting funny talks

He may be a vile flesh-puppet, but he's not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer posted:

I have little reason to fall on either side of the issue. Flavour would obviously suggest no, but following flavor in this game leads to bad conclusions.
And by this I mean little reason from the description I have had handed to me. Obviously I believe you're human, so on that assumption I conclude that yes, it can happen to humans.

• Locked thread