Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
god damnit.

Put me in as a replacement please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Please convert my replacement request to a sign up.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

this is a longshot but ##vote tobbs

Can't fault this case work.

##vote tobbs

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lando131 posted:

If lurking has taught me anything it's that KB is a SK.
##vote King Burgundy

KB seems to have high rate of landing SK lol, wouldn't fault this either.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

DGK2000 posted:

Look at this scum right here. Jumps on the first joke vote he can.

Jokes about another vote, doesn't drop a joke vote onto KB. I'm a betting man, so I'd put my money on AA being scum, and one of his partners being KB.

Shhh! I thought we discussed that our town slap fight would happen day 3 in the scumdoc???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dead Cow posted:

Classic fake out of the fake out

Classic Classic classic classic classic classic

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

Tobbs this is a malformed (OMGUS) vote. You've posted since but didn't correct it. What am I supposed to make of that? I don't pretend to know, so how about telling me?

The broken quote scum vote. It makes an appearance

##vote Lumpen

Not even your lists can save you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

i love how everyone tries to justify their personal d1 criteria for nailing scum as mafia gospel lol

Ain't this the truth bee man

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

The broken quote scum vote. It makes an appearance

##vote Lumpen

Not even your lists can save you.

Ah, I didn't realize you had votes tolly previously anda just dumb. carry on.
##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

So does your reasoning apply to Tobbs? I still don't understand what you were saying/acting on/voting about, I just want to grasp your train of thought. If you don't mind.

Tobbs is a d1 joke vote because in was just scum with him. Look at all these grognard scum trying to spoil joke phase.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If joke phase is over I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps for their super serious votes during what is obviously the start of the game on a weekend.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

You caught my attention by saying you "really do" want to, so please do a deep dive and share your conclusions on this. I'm very curious about where you'll take this and how you'll say it.

You've caught my attention with requesting a "deep" dive. Perhaps I'll give you a read of your strange behavior and artificial analysis, and you'll have a response. I wonder how you'll gauge my response, and the exact wording of your reply.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

(fixed grammar on second quote)

This also seems like a weird mixture of joking around (the vote) and being serious (the unvote) that makes me feel like AA is lying instead of just speaking off-the-cuff.

How is it lying? What Have I omitted or been dishonest about? Seems to me that you're intentionally fabricating something that didn't happen.

##vote mmt

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

I agree. This AA post pings me the most:

it's like a pseudo OMGUS without following through with a vote. lumpen's questions seem reasonable to me (a little aggressive, maybe thats just his style), and imo AA is responding poorly. I'm looking forward to his take on dgk and lumpen after he "takes a look" at them.
##vote AA

I did vote Lumpen though, and then unvoted when I realized he wasn't making a scummy quote vote.

The follow up callout was only in response to some weirdly framed pressure that put scare quotes and italics on a single word from my post.

This push feels inauthentic, and poorly substantiated.

MMT claims I lied about something. My vote o. Her is not an omgus, but in direct response to her actually lying and claiming things that did not happen.

I mean, I'll be waiting on clarification on how I lied about anything.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

I think this is a scum post. It reads to me like he doesn't know whether to be

(a) serious ("I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps...") or
(b) laid-back ("...for their super serious votes during [jokephase]")

It's like he's trying to sound town, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks he's going to deduce dgk/lumpen's alignment at this point in the game.

##vote AA

Lol doesn't this apply to me to? Or any other player on d1?

This is flawed logic.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Dgk and Lumpen are weirdos, but mmt looks like scum crawling out of the woodwork for an easy, opportunistic d1 push.

Like I said, she calls me out about lying for something, but what lies have I told?

She makes a point to call out my suspicion of Lumpen and dgk for trying to determine their alignment when all I say is I really want to look at them, but then in turn has a solid read on me for some reason and doesn't see the contradiction she's already made in her obviously fake posting.

I mean. Im ready to call it on mmt. She's scum. Out of the votes on me, hers is clearly the worst.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

This sounds fake, hon. ##vote AA

Again how is it fake? Mmt has called me.out for lying and now has to back away from that and I'm the one who has faked something?

This is dumb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Am I truly in opposite land?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

That said - AA, what're your opinions on Lumpen and dgk based on their posts thus far?

Their posts looked exactly like what I've already said about them. Serious at a point in which there is nothing happening. My vote on tobbs is explained as a dig as you, him, tolly and I were just scum together.

So dgk is just wrong about it. I don't think much else about their posts other than them being wrong.

Lumpen is Lumpen and weird. The serious or sarcastic serious look w.e. Lumpen MO is, reads as passively confrontational for no real reason other than instinct and response triggering.

You look fake as pointed out.

Merk comes in with a hot take.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

DGK2000 posted:

How well do you know Lumpen? I made 2ish posts that were on you. So you're basically screaming "IM NOT SCUM HE'S WRONG!"

Only I'm screaming nothing, your inferred tone assessment is incorrect. You're just wrong about why I voted Tobbs.

[Go team!]

And the deep dive remark was lumpens

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

DGK2000 posted:

1. I dislike jokephase, but it has merit.
2. Some old mafia player did some statistics a long time ago about how often scum voted and on whom in jokephase. There was a trend. You fall in line with the trend.
3. Go back and read some of my old games, even if it's just my posts. THEN make your "deep dive" on my like, 5 posts?
4. You absolutely seem like flailing scum.

What is this even?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
3 days to deadline lol my god.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I understand now why you dislike tone evaluation IN. I am sorry.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I understand now why you dislike tone evaluation IN. I am sorry.

KB*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
DGKs 4 points on me don't make sense, can someone please explain the second in psrticular.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

DGK2000 posted:

I read everything in Ben Steins voice, and if it seems like bullshit it probably is.

This is nonsense man.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lando131 posted:

Hi this is my second game too. My first was 4 years ago. Im just slightly more informed because ive been reading Mafia games for fun again for the last few months.

Funny enough my router reset and ate a post i was making so I'll leave the gist of it here.
You could say KB is lurking by your current standards and everyone knows how much he hates lurkers. The game is barely 24 hours old and jokephase usually lasts longer than that. It seems too early to me to vote someone because they havent posted a serious opinion yet.

It's meta but KB has recently claimed he'll be taking a less active stance in games, and it's still day 1 on a weekend.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

I, too, have a posting restriction, and I'm about to give it up because it is annoying, hon. Not much of a rind on you.

I was wondering why you called me hon' lol. I don't have a meta read for you being southern or sassy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

That's likely enough to ##unvote Tolly

Expert troll at work. Lumpen is a mster.

*takes notes*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Expert troll at work. Lumpen is a mster.

*takes notes*

:monocle:

loving magic man Lumpen wtf

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

That's likely enough to ##unvote Tolly

O thought you made another intentional formatt8ng mistake, but you ninjad it like a half second before I chose quote lol. My god.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Excuse brevity or typos, posting from my firmware.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lando131 posted:

I think so on 1 but I'm not sure how common they are.

But an OMGUS is 'oh my god you suck', a scumtell where a player immediately votes someone for the sole reason of being voted by said person. People seem to let it slide a lot on SA but I think it can be an effective way of finding people who are very uncomfortable being voted, see: scum.

This is exactly why my vote on mmt ISN'T an OMGUS.

I think she really looks poorly by spouting out inaccurate information on my play so she could tag on to my rising heat

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyone with access to viewfinder can view game count. Am I missing something?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Votefinder

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

sentimental snail posted:

I'm just gonna ignore all those posts about it being someone's nth game and shoot from the hip, as it should be, because they are not good, posts

This is something I agree with. New to the game or community, it shouldn't be the deciding factor for alignment or how many grains of salt we should take.

Tolly has experience beyond our community (revealed in Samurai scum chat) and L has played in this community in past so...

Just shoot from the hip. An AA approved strat. Always.

I don't think L recognizing she played in two games is indicative of OOT, just because this info is readily available in VF.

VF comes with neat tools that shouldn't necessarily be uses to hunt scum like avg. Post count or number of games in or last posted, but yeah....

Just my 2 cents on this whole line of case work.

Instead, I still like my vote on MMT because I haven't seen anything worse than that tag a long case.

Looking into this Tobbs stuff.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You kind of have to look for it, it doesn't show up if you just go to votefinder to check the count for the game you're currently in.

But just because you have to look for it doesn't mean that people wont.

I found it in a few seconds a couple games ago. It's an improved feature and isn't that hard to come across from regular browsing on the site.

It wasn't so handy when I last took break. I just don't think it's the slam dunk for OOT speak.

I should say, I'm not trying to undermine your case on L, just that I don't think it will pan out based on this information alone. Will watch L.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

hot take:

MMT firing out of the gate is more like her town game. AA just having been scum with her (and me) should be able to see that difference.

Gonna hold my vote though because he's got enough heat on him for now.

I'm interested to hear what he thinks of Tolly's case on me, which is that she explicitly says there isn't one.

I did replace in though :ohdear:

And I try not to follow meta too closely. Usually for frustration behavior and authoritative versus contributing posting. Those are my biggest tells for most players.

I just think it was a poor case that called out specific inconsistencies that didn't exist in my own posts.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

And does bad casing from MMT immediately scream scum to you?

Because I believe even in post-game discussion we talked about MMT's casing in Shine being pretty not-great. She was town, though, and I pushed her that whole game.

In shine 2 she played similarly was scum and won that game.

I think meta is useful but not great.

And it's more that what she called me out on specifically. It's not that the case is Bad, it's that she says I did something I didn't do. Where dgk was weird suspicion, and Lumpen was just probing not even voting.

Mmt came in with a weird case about me lying about trying to determine alignment from unvoting on what was definitely a d1 joke vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Only I have talked about it. Even if it is a misunderstanding, some more feedback from mmt might make me change my opinion.

However, I feel like she's retreated from the discussion. Weekend sure? But still....

I'll let it go for the time being, as I need to look at some other votes and contributions in this thread but I feel I've been forthcoming about answering why I voted for you initially, why I think mmt looks scummy from her case and have been participating in some other discussion as well, though not as closely since I'm self absorbed lol

• Locked thread