Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i came across some enlightening content, we all know india is a capitalist cyberpunk hellscape where the poorest live lives without latrines and the richest literally live in utopian skyscrapers in the middle of an urban skyline (totally true, look at this and look up mukesh ambani) but the global cyber revolution has put the power in the hands of every indian (if they do not instead choose to hunt for the bob and vagien) to document the societal dysfunction they see and have to live with in the hopes that their corrupt corporatist government will do loving anything about it. i will just past the raw links below, and you may peruse at your leisure:

https://youtu.be/DhoIiD17eCE
https://youtu.be/q4M_5EeqCbo
https://youtu.be/az1NsbO2qTQ

enlightening video about the political situation:

https://youtu.be/Jjel1r2UNgc

here's hoping trump can make the US so government as corrupt as the indian one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
CPI(M) is the light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucd7ywONlhU&t=30s

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Dholna vajje tumbe vaali taar
Sun dil di pukaar
Aaja kar layieh pyaar
Sweetheart, the strings of the instrument play
Listen to what the heart says
Come and love me
Come and love me
Come and love me
Come and love me
Dholna
Sweetheart
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Duniya yaara rang birangi
Na eh bheri na eh changi
The world is a colorful place
It's not good nor bad
It's not good nor bad
It's not good nor bad
It's not good nor bad
Sun yaara bole ik taya
Mehndi da yaara
Listen friends the iktaara¹ says
Mehndi's friends

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Dholna kadeh mere nal hass
Mainu dil valli dass
Nahin taan teri meri bass
Sweetheart, come smile with me sometimes
My heart's keeper (lover) look
This body is not under your or my control
Dholna
Sweetheart

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Na eh bheri na eh changi
The world is a colorful place
It's not good nor bad
It's not good nor bad
It's not good nor bad
It's not good nor bad
Sun yaara bole ik taya
Mehndi da yaara

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Dholna tu chann mein chakor
Sadde varga na hor
Rab hath saddi dor
Sweetheart, you are moon and I am chakor²
There no one like us
Our threads of life is in the hands of god
Dholna
Sweetheart
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Na eh bheri na eh changi
Na eh bheri na eh changi
Na eh bheri na eh changi
Na eh bheri na eh changi
Sun yaara bole ik taya
Mehndi da yaara

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Tunak tunak tun
Da da da

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I dunno. North Korea are huge jerks too.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously though, CPI(M) runs Kerala on the southwest coast which seems like an actually somewhat functional part of India and it'd be interesting to go and sit in cafes while dying from the humidity.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The crazy robot movie with super awesome trick fights is also an interesting movie to watch all the way through.

There's a part where the robot saves a bunch of people from a burning apartment complex, then rescues a naked girl trapped in her bathtub, and she yells "no! Leave me! I'm naked!" The robot doesn't understand, grabs her, and then takes her outside and plops her in the middle of a crowd of onlookers and firefighters, who are shocked by her nudity, and she's so ashamed she runs away into traffic and gets hit by a truck. "Bad robot! Very bad!" Like he should've just left her in there to get burned to a crisp wtf?

At the end he is shoved into a museum. Fast forward into the future and schoolchildren pass by him in a glass cage. One asks: "Why did they deactivate him?" Then the robot opens his eyes and says "Because I started to think."

hosed up!

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
very surprising that a country run by insane hindu nationalists is not good

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I also briefly dated a guy from there who was an LGBT activist in a country where that's actually rather dangerous! He was really into this Pakistani Sufi singer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vba0ut5ACj8

Pretty interesting because they use instruments you'd hear in Cajun music.

Well suffice to say it didn't work out because I get into disastrous relationships. He was extremely left-wing politically; like America is destroying the world, etc. He was probably right about that.

Anyways he was open about the fact that he was gang raped as a kid because he wandered into the wrong store. That's not funny it's just loving brutal.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

it's rarer to find bob and vagene types amongst the southerners, but given the great amount of advancement and technology dispersion, there are some from that area. aziz ansari is also from south india.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Seriously though, CPI(M) runs Kerala on the southwest coast which seems like an actually somewhat functional part of India and it'd be interesting to go and sit in cafes while dying from the humidity.

i have been there and smoked some of the hallowed idukki gold. it's far advanced, very little street making GBS threads, high literacy, education level, and employment. if you want to see how capitalism and hindu nationalism can create one of the most unfair and disgusting societies ever look at uttar pradesh, which is the region in the videos the op posted.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Fututor Magnus posted:

aziz ansari is also from south india.

so is mindy kaling and jay chandrasekhar

a good region

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
But Don Jr says India is great because unlike the USA, all of the poor people smile.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/02/20/donald-trump-jr-says-he-likes-indias-poor-people-because-they-smile

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
the indian local government built public toilets like these (which don't work) and declared the street making GBS threads problem solved https://youtu.be/YP9wF-v8Te8 this level of incompetence from government is routine because communal and corporate interests win votes

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Mods close thread.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
Countdown until the permanent outrage brigade rushes in to inform everyone they are Nazis for thinking a country being lovely is bad.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Cephalectomy posted:

Countdown until the permanent outrage brigade rushes in to inform everyone they are Nazis for thinking a country being lovely is bad.

And/or get mad at Baja for posting whats it like living in India.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
bajaj shouldn't call himself that unless he has himself driven a bajaj. i swear, i've seen so many accidents on those lovely little scooters so many people killed by truck drivers.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
pather panchali is a good albeit soul crushing film

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Bajaj is a king amongst vagene

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

:capitalism:

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
These guys are going to do what the US did after WW2 with drones and IT and space travel. Go ahead and laugh, superpower by 2020

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

HELLBITCH posted:

These guys are going to do what the US did after WW2 with drones and IT and space travel. Go ahead and laugh, superpower by 2020

their space program has accomplished a lot with a quarter of the resources of NASA.

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Fututor Magnus posted:

their space program has accomplished a lot with a quarter of the resources of NASA.

Literally launched like 200( e: 104 but still holy, reincarnated poo poo)satellites in one go, which neither the US or Russia has even come close to.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

HELLBITCH posted:

Literally launched like 200( e: 104 but still holy, reincarnated poo poo)satellites in one go, which neither the US or Russia has even come close to.

200? That's it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_West_Ford

At the height of the Cold War, all international communications were either sent through undersea cables or bounced off the natural ionosphere. The United States Military was concerned that the Soviets might cut those cables, forcing the unpredictable ionosphere to be the only means of communication with overseas forces.[1] So, a ring of 480,000,000[3] copper dipole antennas (1.78 cm long needles, 25.4μm [1961] / 17.8μm [1963] in diameter)[4][5] was placed in orbit to facilitate global radio communication. The length was chosen because it was half the wavelength of the 8 GHz signal used in the study.[1] The dipoles collectively provided passive support to Project Westford's parabolic dish (located in the town of Westford) to communicate with distant sites. In 1958, at MIT’s Lincoln Lab, Walter E. Morrow started Project Needles.[1]

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Marxalot posted:

200? That's it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_West_Ford

At the height of the Cold War, all international communications were either sent through undersea cables or bounced off the natural ionosphere. The United States Military was concerned that the Soviets might cut those cables, forcing the unpredictable ionosphere to be the only means of communication with overseas forces.[1] So, a ring of 480,000,000[3] copper dipole antennas (1.78 cm long needles, 25.4μm [1961] / 17.8μm [1963] in diameter)[4][5] was placed in orbit to facilitate global radio communication. The length was chosen because it was half the wavelength of the 8 GHz signal used in the study.[1] The dipoles collectively provided passive support to Project Westford's parabolic dish (located in the town of Westford) to communicate with distant sites. In 1958, at MIT’s Lincoln Lab, Walter E. Morrow started Project Needles.[1]

Yeah, throwing a bunch of rolls of pennies and needles into space isn't the same as 104 satellites.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
The communist guerillas out in the east make traveling interesting, I've been caught up in a roadblock held by these chucklefucks but they thankfully didn't know I was a US citizen or I'd have probably been kidnapped. India is good

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Mountbatten really dropped the ball. Things were better under the Raj.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Turkmenistan still has the worst government in the world, but nobody cares because the country has zero influence on anywhere else and even its closest neighbors forget it exists

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dk2m posted:

The communist guerillas out in the east make traveling interesting, I've been caught up in a roadblock held by these chucklefucks but they thankfully didn't know I was a US citizen or I'd have probably been kidnapped. India is good
What did you tell them

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

HELLBITCH posted:

You think the rest of the superpowers are just going to sit back and let them without a fight?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

uhm yes you can actually be racist against governments, like this veery thread is

MODS

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Frosted Flake posted:

Mountbatten really dropped the ball. Things were better under the Raj.

it's because of colonialism india is so lovely.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

What did you tell them

my cousin bribed them about $100 and they let us through, the truck driver delivering his shipment was getting robbed though so i guess they were distracted enough

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Statutory Ape posted:

uhm yes you can actually be racist against governments, like this veery thread is

MODS

Death to India and death to America

dk2m
May 6, 2009

kerala is a dope place to go to but functional? lmao no

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dk2m posted:

well relatively speaking

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

dk2m posted:

go to loving bihar or uttar pradesh, look at those videos in the op. kerala is the image of functionality in india.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
People in India are called Indians.

Columbus referred to the Native Americans he found as Indians.

:thunk:

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You think the rest of the superpowers are just going to sit back and let them without a fight?

The whole point is that this is after WW3 dumbfuck. Giambattista Vico, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fututor Magnus posted:

go to loving bihar or uttar pradesh, look at those videos in the op. kerala is the image of functionality in india.
What do you know about run-of-the-mill political violence in India because I follow some of these Kerala parties and they'll post updates like "two martyrs brutally hacked to death by RSS bandits!" with pics of some macheted corpses. The RSS as you know being one of the Hindu nationalist paramilitary groups. And I'm like, well drat.

• Locked thread