Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cymbal Monkey

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Just getting a quick interest check w/r/t feasibility of a future Cymbal Monkey thread launch so I can get a detailed action plan going for a future thread. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

I might, if I thought of a funny joke or amusing story to share. Like this:

What do you call shipping snacks to your old girlfriend?

FedEx

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Cymbal Monkey

vanisher posted:

I might, if I thought of a funny joke or amusing story to share. Like this:

What do you call shipping snacks to your old girlfriend?

FedEx

So what you're saying is that you're looking for a thread with high potential for user contribution. Fair enough, fair enough. This is good info even though it might lead to development delays. I'm hoping to get this thread launched second quarter of 2019.

vanisher

2019 is the start of an excellent countdown if you say it slow enough.

Android Blues

And if you posted a forum thread
Invited everyone you knew
Well, you would see the biggest post would be from me
And the jpeg attached would say

Thank you for making a thread

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I checked my calendar and I'm free then so sure; put me down for the a thread.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely, and so cold
All you have to do is call my name
And I'll post there on the next train

Where you post, I will post
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to post with you
I will post where you post

Manifisto

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Just getting a quick interest check w/r/t feasibility of a future Cymbal Monkey thread launch so I can get a detailed action plan going for a future thread. Thanks.

while we appreciate your courtesy in doing an interest check beofre posting a thread, I can't help but notice you failed to do an interest check before posting this thread. maybe someone could have given you some tips on how to properly execute an interest check, for example maybe you should have included a poll? anyway we're a fairly casual bunch here, I don't want to make too big a deal about it, but perhaps in the future you'll try to get a sense of people's thoughts before asking for input like this

ty nesamdoom!

Macnult

h*ck yeah I’d post in a Cymbal Monkey thread

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Would it be an abuse of my IK power to probe him if he didn't make a thread?

Asking for a friend.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

Jesustheastronaut!

I wouldn't post in it, but that's my loss, not yours. Believe me, friend.

take the moon

by sebmojo
i would never post in a cymbal monkey thread op!!!

Robot Made of Meat

I really can't say whether I'd post in a thread without knowing more details w/r/t the thread content.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
It depends on if you mean a "future cymbal monkey thread" or a "future cymbal monkey thread"

Actually no, I would post in both for sure

Manifisto

it's great that we're being proactive about this potential thread launch, but we should stop and ask whether we are leveraging the synergies. time to think outside the box.

ty nesamdoom!

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
idk op, future cymbal monkey thread real estate has a pretty high premium i dont think i could afford it :ohdear:

funmanguy

What time is it?
I probably won't, but that's not because you're future thread is bad, rather because I don't always have or make time to check out all the yob threads.

I hope your thread is successful either way.

google THIS

As it happens I work for a website optimization firm so I should be able to set up an A/B test to validate your thread idea.

BYOB with and without your thread, which version has the strongest KPIs (Key Posting Indicators)? Which has the best conversion rate (words into laughs ofc). If your thread idea wins you can post your actual thread with confidence.

We'll just need about 50,000 users to attain statistical significance. We have that many, right?

FluffieDuckie

not only am i posting in it

i stickied it :evilbuddy:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

funmanguy

What time is it?
OP, I think it's safe to say your thread would be a roaring success

Cymbal Monkey

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I really can't say whether I'd post in a thread without knowing more details w/r/t the thread content.

I'm hoping to have the first trailers for the thread out later this year but as it stands the details of the thread are both secret and subject to change.

bare bottom pancakes posted:

idk op, future cymbal monkey thread real estate has a pretty high premium i dont think i could afford it :ohdear:

We're really going to try to make this thread as affordable as possible for anyone who wants to post in it. Whether you're Lowtax himself or a reg'18.

google THIS posted:

As it happens I work for a website optimization firm so I should be able to set up an A/B test to validate your thread idea.

BYOB with and without your thread, which version has the strongest KPIs (Key Posting Indicators)? Which has the best conversion rate (words into laughs ofc). If your thread idea wins you can post your actual thread with confidence.

We'll just need about 50,000 users to attain statistical significance. We have that many, right?

Man I would love to be able to workshop the thread like this but I'm worried about the costs of getting people in for a closed beta, the legal fees preparing NDAs and just the time this will add on to the project. I guess this just reaffirm's my team's beliefs that we might need to launch an indiegogo or something if we really wanna do this thread right.

Anyways, thanks for you enthusiasm, feedback and interest in this thread. Hopefully by Q3 or 4 we'll have the first trailer to show all of you and there's a strong possibility that we'll be accepting pre-posts, which of course means exclusive pre-posting bonuses!

Duckbox

Sorry op, I'd, post in your thread, but I'm busy planning my own, except I can't post threads on my phone, so I'm actually just hijacking yours.

this now the stories about birds thread

Duckbox

One time I saw a bald eagle stalking a mama loon and her babies for like two days and was impressed by the vigilance and solidarity of loonkind. Those birds are loud.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

One time I got out of the shower, got dressed, took the dog outside, started walking and a bird pooped on my head.
Thank you, that's my bird story.

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
sure. ok

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

take the moon

by sebmojo

FluffieDuckie posted:

not only am i posting in it

i stickied it :evilbuddy:

this thread is the opposite of stickied (read: not stickied)

I Dunno

I dunno

Papa Was A Video Toaster

nice

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
a what?

alnilam

If i made a bed, would you jump on it / mess up the covers

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN

alnilam posted:

If i made a bed, would you jump on it / mess up the covers
If I bed a maid in a four-poster, would you write a romance novel about it?

Coolguye

Required by his programming!
i would not put my head in your thread, ted

wait poo poo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

when you :justpost: and gibbis makes you feel lonely you can always post
in yob
when you've got worries and your cat's kinda furry you can always post
in yob

just postin bout the lighthouses and dogs and sometimes kitties
it's pastel forum superstars that make this place less lovely
how can you lose

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
(a little birdie tips me off that all of the most famous byob posters plan to post in the cymbalmonkey thread)
me, cackling furtively: "Sure, I'll post in your thread, buddy"
(five months later I go to jail for frontrunning)

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Robot Made of Meat

Would you post if I asked you to post?
Or would you run and never look back?
Would you chill if you saw me chilling?
And would you save my thread tonight?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Would you post if I asked you to post?
Or would you run and never look back?
Would you chill if you saw me chilling?
And would you save my thread tonight?

I can :justpost: here, oh baby
I will post away your pain
And I will stand by views forever
That everything is a soup in a bread bowl

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
If I post here
If I just post here
Would you post with me and smoke another bowl

Is what I would say if I smoked

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

UWBW posted:

If I post here
If I just post here
Would you post with me and smoke another bowl

Is what I would say if I smoked

does this post have an automatically playing ukulele soundtrack for anyone else?

rump buttman

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

will you thread be conversational or geared towards learning? I’m debating about booking a room at the local library for the occasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cymbal Monkey

rump buttman posted:

will you thread be conversational or geared towards learning? I’m debating about booking a room at the local library for the occasion.

I'm hoping it'll be kind of an open forum style of thread. Lots of room for participation but with enough structure and direction to keep it focused and educational.

• Locked thread