Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I think both are equally semi-shady, but if both are telling the truth, I'd rather lynch a vanilla than a potential power role. The issue is the way IS is approaching revealing his role is not making me feel great about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like half of your posts are about how hard it's been for you this game, I'm not buying this "it's hard to get dicky b lunched" thing that you're doing, when previously you were going after Mr.F, a supremely low level poster after coming off of Bowmore who was not even present.

What I'm saying here is I feel like this is TMM scum again but it's something to be addressed later because there is no way to deal with that tonight, but it's enough to make me want to stick to IS.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Like half of your posts are about how hard it's been for you this game, I'm not buying this "it's hard to get dicky b lunched" thing that you're doing, when previously you were going after Mr.F, a supremely low level poster after coming off of Bowmore who was not even present.

What I'm saying here is I feel like this is TMM scum again but it's something to be addressed later because there is no way to deal with that tonight, but it's enough to make me want to stick to IS.

This is directed at TMM.

I'm going to sleep, I have work tomorrow.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I think both are equally semi-shady, but if both are telling the truth, I'd rather lynch a vanilla than a potential power role. The issue is the way IS is approaching revealing his role is not making me feel great about him.

:agreed:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
It's a safe bet. I already told yous guys I suck at this. Take a hard look at the IS votes that look frivolous and start there tomorrow after I flip vt.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's a safe bet. I already told yous guys I suck at this. Take a hard look at the IS votes that look frivolous and start there tomorrow after I flip vt.

I think you inherently look less scummy than IS right now, but yeah, the role thing. Depending on what he does in the next hour or so will make my decision.

Actually, let me ##unvote just because I'm a little unsure. I'll be around for deadline.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Is everybody else sleeping?

Is IS just going to softclaim and leave?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Honestly, that's how bad I am. My lunch is a given to them.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:lol: if we no-lunch.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

##vote IS

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Sorry I am here trying to finish up some last minute work.

Would it really matter to you if he claimed more?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

:lol: if we no-lunch.

We won't, too many people here for that

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

We won't, too many people here for that

Thank goodness.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry I am here trying to finish up some last minute work.

Would it really matter to you if he claimed more?

A few scenarios are popping around in my head regarding positives and negatives of him claiming. So I guess "mattering" is subjective. While I would rather lynch a less-scummier (to me) DB over a claimed role, even if it's a lie, the fact that he just softclaimed and left is something I can see both good and bad for the town. Good in the sense that if he is lying and doesn't come forward, it doesn't force a real power role to come up and claim (which means that if he is scum he SHOULD be doing that), and bad because if he's telling the truth we just lynched him over a VT.

But yeah, he kinda put himself in a corner, so...

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Dozed off, sorry, hang on a minute and I'll full-claim if you're that insistent.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

Ecco why’d you leave your phone charger on the sub?

because I have the memory of a goldfish!!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also what the gently caress is a 2 AM on Sunday deadline, Ecco?

live in a better timezone, like australia :sun:

I'm back from my vacation and ready to handle votes and flips.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm a self-watcher with a single shot of BP.

I said I'd have results figuring that with all the action today somebody (either town or scum) would visit and I'd claim it at the start of the day tomorrow so it could be verified.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

because I have the memory of a goldfish!!

live in a better timezone, like australia :sun:

I'm back from my vacation and ready to handle votes and flips.

let’s make it happen ##vote dickyb

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Birdstrike posted:

let’s make it happen ##vote dickyb

If you're trying to switch, you didn't unvote first.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

IllegallySober posted:

If you're trying to switch, you didn't unvote first.

how silly of me

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IllegallySober posted:

Dozed off, sorry, hang on a minute and I'll full-claim if you're that insistent.

IllegallySober posted:

I'm a self-watcher with a single shot of BP.

I said I'd have results figuring that with all the action today somebody (either town or scum) would visit and I'd claim it at the start of the day tomorrow so it could be verified.

you didn't even wait for anyone to insist. everyone keep in mind that this could be bait or even a gambit (ie. bait a visit for a pgo kill, or scum buddy claims to visit and IS verifies fakely)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Birdstrike posted:

how silly of me

:goshawk:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

you didn't even wait for anyone to insist. everyone keep in mind that this could be bait or even a gambit (ie. bait a visit for a pgo kill, or scum buddy claims to visit and IS verifies fakely)

DBD's posts over the last few minutes while I was asleep seemed to say otherwise and it's not like there was a lot of time left at this point to sit on info anyway.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:d: 9 minutes! This deadline is the opposite of floating. "Oh but ecco it's so late" - whine about it, losers!

(future deadlines will probably be at a more accommodating hour.)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IllegallySober posted:

DBD's posts over the last few minutes while I was asleep seemed to say otherwise and it's not like there was a lot of time left at this point to sit on info anyway.

I would've waited for a "um... yeah tell us" then I wouldv'e hit em with a "your a role fishing scum you scummo!" but whatevs just lunch one of us already.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hm. Self-watcher.

##vote IllegallySober

Rather something than nothing.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Did DBD hammer? requesting mod count (respectfully)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dick Bastardly posted:

Did DBD hammer? requesting mod count (respectfully)

There are one (1) mods.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

There are one (1) mods.

right, I didn't see DBD's vote before votefinder updated. So I thought the count was fucky in votefinder. Then I refreshed the page and viola.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Maybe I should just not look at vote finder ever again.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:redhammer:

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

IllegallySober (8): Birdstrike, Dick Bastardly, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, LupusAter, Atomic Soda, Max, BottleKnight, King Burgundy, -King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Deadbeat Dad
Dick Bastardly (4): Max, -Max, sentimental snail, IllegallySober, Deadbeat Dad, SalTheBard, TMMadman, King Burgundy, -Deadbeat Dad, -King Burgundy
Birdstrike (1): Mr. F!, Dick Bastardly, IllegallySober, -Dick Bastardly, -IllegallySober
BottleKnight (0): King Burgundy, -King Burgundy
Mr. F! (0): LupusAter, -LupusAter, TMMadman, -TMMadman
King Burgundy (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
Deadbeat Dad (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
Atomic Soda (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

:h: With 14 players alive, it took 8 votes to be executed.

==============

After the sub had left, discussion seemed at a standstill. The sub decision seemed so important at the time, and even though they made it quickly, it still seemed to have sucked the air out of the room. Finally, though, accusations started flying. Just at the end of the day cycle, before the city went into Night Mode, they settled on IllegallySober. He seemed shifty, and after all, Illegal was in his name - he had to be up to no good. (The "sober" part didn't help, either.)

They shoved him to an airlock and closed the door behind him. A second later a hatch opened, filling the chamber with water. Sober struggled, he flailed, and he gasped. He slammed on the inner door, begging to be let in. Soon he demanded to be let in. His voice deepened dramatically and began to bellow, as if coming from the center of his chest. His jaw unhinged from his mouth, and from inside his throat a creature emerged, like some kind of salamander, but jet black, with red eyes. The creature squealed, and black ooze of the same color began pouring from Sober's eyes and nose. Once the chamber was completely filled with water, however, the creature dissipated, as if dissolving.

The outer door to the chamber opened, and Sober's body, swirled with inky blackness, floated into the sea, never to be seen again.

:s: IllegallySober, Iwaka, Rogue Horror (scum-aligned busdriver), was executed day 1. :s:

"Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 15 cycles. Immediate attention is required."

Night actions! :toot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
After Night Mode ended and Day Mode began (the second day of this conflict), the diplomats and their retinue discovered that their worst fears had come true: there were still killers among them, and they have struck again.

First to go was King Burgundy; he seemed to have been gored to death by a trident. Investigating his room revealed that he was the master of ceremonies for the moot, with detailed (if incomprehensible) records on everyone invitee. His loss is truly a blow to the entire cause.

:s: King Burgundy, Gahoku, Master of Ceremonies (town-aligned cop), was gored night 1. :s:

The second to go was Max, though his was far more brutal. His body had been ripped apart, as if attacked by a mad beast. Checking his room revealed him as just a simple Diplomat from the town of Ava Meli. RIP. Er, that is, rest in peaces. Er. Um. Yeah.

:s: Max, Ino, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was rip'd night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2!
:h: With 11 alive it takes 6 votes to execute
:d: Day 2 deadline: Tuesday, March 13th, ~11pm EDT / ~8pm PDT / Wednesday, 2pm AEDT. This deadline will be floating as I'll be donating blood at this time but y'all whined so here is your dream come true.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 12, 2018

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (11): Atomic Soda, Birdstrike, BottleKnight, Deadbeat Dad, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, Mr. F!, SalTheBard, sentimental snail, TMMadman

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 13th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours from this post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:ghost: Go town! :ghost:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Looks like we’ve got some Feverheads on the loose, I’m heading down to Pipe Storage.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote TMM

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
this max and kb situation is very unfortunate, indeed. the fact that max died at all to me screams tmm, or a player that knows tmm well enough to know, tmm is gonna kill max

fake edit
[quote="Birdstrike" post="482093141"]
##vote TMM
[/quote

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I was just going to say if we're doing some WIFOM stuff then TMM has plenty of good reasons to kill Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If I got tricked by Mr F! I'm going to be so disappointed in myself.

• Locked thread