Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hello, I'm here, for you're live's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
forums poster Moatillata is correct

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

Who wants me to vote them first.

meeee hello it's me

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

forums poster Moatillata is making very solid points

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
gaqqu is grieving because someone stole all of the village's eatin' bugs

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hello I have arrived

my flavor says I am "ecco the raven" please advise

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would like to thank forums poster Max for granting my request

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Birdstrike posted:

you myst out last time huh

, heck, you done it ##vote birdstrike

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
jeez heck, that's just straight up rolefishing birb

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
these blatant scum behaviors should not be tolerated in this fine environment

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Birdstrike posted:

wait what’d fishign?

please refrain from these heinous personal attacks on my moral character

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
forums poster atomic soda has being extremely correct thus far

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hello, I amn't available for time sensitive things

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
as long as we're reasoning whether or not we have reason to assume, or not, if scum want on the sub, I usually assume scum have more info about events than we do.

any decision they make is colored by info that we don't know if they have or not, so let's not go down that rabbit hole for all of day one thanks

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Birdstrike posted:

we get it you’re scum shut up about it

##unvote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
submarine, more like dumb idiot tube,

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
chiming in during dead times to say I agree w dbd pretty much completely but also

Max posted:

Who on the scum team went on the sub?

this is a very good question - one that I, personally, would like answered. dick bastardly, you have the floor

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I find this accusation to be rather shocking!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

DickBastardly baffles me in a way few mafia players do. I’m not sure I could ever catch him as scum. I just find his posting eminently likable regardless of context.

dick bastardly is a fine poster, and, historically, a satisfying n1 kill target

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
don't worry db, I'm sure you're fine tonight as these awkward posts mean you're probably scum anyways ##vote dickbastardly

Dick Bastardly posted:

Thanks for telling us your plan!

Dick Bastardly posted:

everyone is scum

Dick Bastardly posted:

I was thinking "are you serious?"

But if you really want my opinion on it, I think it likely that at least one scum volunteered for sub duty but I don't think focusing on that will help us find any. I noticed one or two players speculating about the number of scum this game which raises my brow a bit. Phone posting ATM so searching and quoting is a bit of a chore. If it's not clear I'll quote it when I get home.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yes, those awkward posts aren't replies to other awkward joke posts and thus should be taken with the utmost respect for the gravity of it's scumminess. I agree.

I'm glad we're on the same page in regards to this matter!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it would be pretty hosed, and hilarious, but as you can see, known scum Dick Bastardly isn't on the dumb idiot tube

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also just to help you out, Sal is a master of theories that are almost always way too complex to have any chance of being right and basically making cases that no one agrees with. I am not 100% sure I have seen him as scum in a game I was in with him but so far he is being typical Sal (overwhelmed town) that I am used to

I'll take your word for it cause that last theory is entirely useless to even think about. it's perfect to throw out to keep us stuck in a quagmire coming up on the end of a not content filled d1. if only dicky_b wasn't, scum!!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SalTheBard posted:

The sudden change from DB to IS just seems really weird to me

I definitely don't disagree or anything

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Birdstrike posted:

what changed? DB’s idea was dumb, IS running with it looks opportunistic and more scummy behaviour to me

kinda arguing against my point here, but I felt like going from that to voting db in such a short time was pretty ?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I will not be awake for deadline, hopefully

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

I still like my BK catch. Seems like something someone would do that doesn't need to pay attention to the thread but is trying to pretend they are.

I'm fine voting either of IS/DB though. I'll be around to swap.

I saw when you posted this before, but on second look, this is pretty solid actually. beek can definitely be hasty when calling people out as scum, and rapidly forgetting he just responded to you is good enough for me

I'm also good with any of these 3 I guess

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
what was that game I replaced into where I immediately laser focused beek for trying to lazily push me after replacing someone

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812159&pagenumber=14&perpage=40#post470210711

beek doesn't bother to check that this person was still in the game before pushing, then just doubles down without thinking.

circumstances are pretty different. couldn't remember what exactly happened, so less relevant as it turns out. still shows beek can be careless posting as scum I guess!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
here's my spicy sticky sentimental take: I think those posts make me slightly more suspicious of tmm

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

Oh and one more thing before I get to writing up some of my opinions: I believe that the people on the sub are playing a micro game somewhere else right now. They are voting and making connections and stuff just like here and that's part of the reason why I am irritated at this whole thing.

I think they are doing that because I know that if I was on the sub and told after 24 hours on D1 that I couldn't post or even read the thread for 3 days until the deadline, then I would have just straight up gotten myself modkilled. The only way it works in my mind is if they are playing a game somewhere else.

Now, I don't know if they are would run through full night actions or what, but I definitely think that the people on the sub are voting.

I'd say it's somewhat a tone thing, but this post in particular rubs me the wrong way. I read over it twice and felt a little manipulated afterwards. the speculation is just too specific for me to let go, and I feel like there is actually a whole lot of accuracy here.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

Do you really just think that the 7 people who left in the sub are just sitting around doing nothing?

I would be absolutely loving furious if I was on the sub and that was the case because what would be the point?

no, I don't

Max posted:

I think it's alignment neutral for TMM, tbh.

I somewhat agree which is why it's only a slightly more suspicious

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
this max and kb situation is very unfortunate, indeed. the fact that max died at all to me screams tmm, or a player that knows tmm well enough to know, tmm is gonna kill max

fake edit
[quote="Birdstrike" post="482093141"]
##vote TMM
[/quote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

there is no way I'm going to come out on D1 and hard defend a scumbuddy with just a few hours left in a day that I spent not posting.

I mean I could have just dropped a vote for pretty much anyone and then disappeared without really calling any attention to myself on D1 and instead people think I'm going to deliberately be a giant idiot. While I am often a giant idiot, I never do it deliberately.

the first part of this is especially reasonable, but you made a mistake by going for the obvious move when you killed my friend max!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Atomic Soda posted:

why did you specify max snail?

maybe scum have tridents.

I felt very strongly about max specifically because of his interactions with tmm, and of the players here that would kill max n1, I feel that tmm is a solid suspect even without regards to this game in particular

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

You're right a society that lives underwater would never need a doctor who specializes in CPR because surely there is never any flooding or accidental drownings. I don't know what else to tell you except it's an Ecco game.

I literally can't target someone without everyone who also targets that person knowing (regardless of whether I protect or kill them), so I'd be useless as scum.

in your head canon for this claim, you seem to feel that you'd be a "loud CPR doctor" as a scum player, too

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SalTheBard posted:

Holy poo poo that's a real role? That's pretty crazy sounding.

the ideal way to use it is not using it most of the time. especially on someone you're sure is town when there are 20+ targets for a killer to choose.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
because you're going to kill them. the town player.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

In fact, he would probably be a top 2 or 3 target to look at. The big issue is how your role is going to benefit us if you stay alive, and the other issue is how viable the role you have is. If you didn't kill Max, didn't have a back and forth with Max D1, and you didn't go after the wrong person lynch wise D1, this decision would be way easier.

this sums up my thoughts pretty well.

tmm makes reasonable points in his defense, but I think I am comfortable sticking with this vote as it all fits too neatly. none of it accounts for the read I had before the claim.

for posterity, noting the previous ecco game where three (?) doctors were voted out in three days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would also like one BottleKnight, scum, to recognize I haven't forgotten his presence

• Locked thread