Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Switch me to replacement for now in case this starts while I'm still sick.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi, I'm in this game now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I was kind of skimming this thread before just for fun, but hadn't formed any real alignment thoughts.

I wish I was on the sub though, that seems really cool.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Birdstrike posted:

why would you wanna go on a sub they’re super cramped

Seems kinda like the equivalent to going into battle in Soldiers mafia. Fun extra stuff.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I actually had a different read on that but don't want to go into it. I'm more bothered by Birb's sudden switch from "I don't want to vote bowmore since he's go stuff going on" to just dropping a vote on him immediately once TMM invoked his name.

I'm going back to the well at the moment and am going to say TMM, simply based off what I know of his town game. He hasn't actually presented any reads at all this game thus far, mostly complained that I voted for him and then offered up a weak "I'm not into this" after the people left on the sub and wanted to just end the day early with a lunch of someone who we would learn literally nothing from. That's not the town TMM I know and it smacks of a dangerous laziness that I feel like town TMM would be screaming at right now.

Eh, I dunno. Town TMM can be pretty lazy now and again too. But we'll see. These could be the early warning signs. I'll know his alignment for sure by end of day 3.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

So you feel OK with him suggesting your predecessor as a dunk option?

Also BK making my nose twitch.

Yeah, I didn't know Ecco swapped out lurkers that fast. I'm obviously always down for a lurker cuddle, especially in a game with no lurker rules.

Of course, with my new meta, I'll probably stay in the bottom half of posters myself, until later in the game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

what is KB's """new meta"""

It's the opposite of try hard. You'll get gut reads from me/alignment calls, but not major cases or analysis until I need something said and can't help myself. I got tired of people always expecting me to put in more effort than everyone else just because I sometimes do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, read the thread as a player, I've done my part. There isn't a ton there really. I'd put some super weak gut scum reads on Moat and Bminus on the sub. And IS and Dick off the sub. Lupus struck me a bit odd, but I'm chalking it up to being unfamiliar with him as a player.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

Hal, KB, TMM, any reads? How do you all feel about Dick B and IS?

This is weird and fake. Given that you responded to the post where I gave my reads specifically on those two. And it was only a page ago.

##vote BK

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I still like my BK catch. Seems like something someone would do that doesn't need to pay attention to the thread but is trying to pretend they are.

I'm fine voting either of IS/DB though. I'll be around to swap.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

IllegallySober (6): Birdstrike, Dick Bastardly, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, LupusAter, Atomic Soda, Max, BottleKnight
Dick Bastardly (4): Max, -Max, sentimental snail, IllegallySober, Deadbeat Dad, SalTheBard
BottleKnight (1): King Burgundy
Birdstrike (1): Mr. F!, Dick Bastardly, IllegallySober, -Dick Bastardly, -IllegallySober
Mr. F! (1): LupusAter, -LupusAter, TMMadman
King Burgundy (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
Deadbeat Dad (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
Atomic Soda (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

:h: With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 11th, 2018 at 11 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 55 minutes from this post.

:D

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

##vote IS

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

KB, I'm curious, do you think IS is the scummier of the two or are you just voting this way because IS was the leader?

No. Just because he's the leader and the thread is dead. I think my order would be BK->DB->IS.

I was also fine with purging Mr.F #1 lurker if that had gotten traction.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I gather you are still in your say as little as possible thing but I'm curious why you would think scum would be more likely to feel like they didn't pay attention to thread than town would. I think it's pretty much the opposite, when I am town I am way more likely to make mistakes because I am not as self-conscious.

It's definitely weird to forget you responded to something I agree but I don't follow your logic

Yeah, don't plan on saying much more today. But, this isn't true from my experience. Ongoing games and all that, but I just watched this happen in our recent game to someone who is normally really good. I'll give you that it is somewhat player dependent though, and I don't know where BK falls on that spectrum.

TMMadman posted:

I think I would rather lynch DB at this point too. If you move and I move then we could tie it back up at 6.

Not sure where the other votes would come from at this point, but I'll be around.

##unvote

##vote DB

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

##vote IS

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

:ghost: Go town! :ghost:

:ghost: Go town! :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

After D1, knew Hal was scum, copped him to sanity check it and was right. After I saw myself and Max dead N1, I also knew TMM was scum.

I'm glad you guys finally got there, but was a bit frustrating to watch. :)

Special thanks to dbd for realizing Hal was scum, wish you had pushed harder. Sadly when scum killed you, again no one thought about why scum would want you dead.

• Locked thread