Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

(source)
The Uruchi have lived under the sea for as long as they know. Millennia ago their ancestors built vast structures into sea walls and canyons; these cities have special machines that make potable water and breathable air, while geothermal reactors buried far underground provide more than enough energy to power them. The Uruchi harvest seaweed and kelp from underwater forests, raise fish and clams using advanced aquaculture, and mine iron and copper and gemstones from ancient caves on the ocean floor. On the occasions they've sent their ships topside they've found nothing but a limitless ocean, extending beyond the horizon in a beautiful cerulean expanse.
There are seventeen cities, towns, and villages the Uruchi call home, but the greatest of them is Gaqqu - or in Arrentish, "Big Stone." It's there that leaders and representatives from each tribe meet once a year to exchange news, discuss trade deals, resolve disputes, and pay fealty to the Ma'jaruna - their monarch. These moots are generally very pleasant, since the Uruchi live in a world of plenty: they have bountiful food and energy; the borders between tribes are set in stone as they don't have the knowledge to build new settlements; their social structure is fair, liberties are enshrined in various constitutions, and countless generations of peace have made relations between tribes exceptionally genial.
But, as it happens so often in stories like this, something changed. During the Moot of the Fifteenth Year of the Reign of Ma'jaruna Ibis IV, the lights started to flicker, and then turned off entirely. A few seconds later they turned on, though much dimmer than before, and an ancient message began broadcasting throughout Gaqqu. "Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 25 cycles. Immediate attention is required." The message then repeated, ad infinitum.
The chambers for the moot became frenzied. What does this message mean? None of the Uruchi knew how the reactor worked, certainly not enough to fix it. They turned to their Ma'jaruna for help, but she was just as frightened. She knew more than most though - she told them that the reactors are located deep in the vaults of Gaqqu. They can only be reached by a special, high-pressure submarine, which she had been using as a storage closet. She didn't know how to fix the reactors, or even where to begin to find out how, but as long as they stick together, they can solve this crisis and --
A few seconds later an explosion ripped through the hull of Gaqqu. Water flooded into the moot's chambers. Only twenty-one members of the moot managed to escape; the rest, including Ibis, were smashed by the rushing water or drowned beneath the waves. As the survivors caught their breath, the adrenaline left their systems and their minds cleared. Where did that explosion come from?
"From inside the chamber," one of the survivors said. A few agreed with him. "I didn't see who," he continued, "but, it came from someone. A fireball, shot from someone's hands, right into the ceiling. Shattered the awning and collapsed the whole chamber." The shaken men and women still weren't sure exactly what had happened, but the more they shared stories about what they saw, the clearer it became. Someone had attacked them, someone within the moot, someone they all knew and trusted, and that that someone might still be alive, waiting to strike and finish the job.
Two horrible truths were learned that day. Firstly, that their lives would never be the same again until they found the monsters responsible for this attack and brought them to justice. And secondly, that, apparently, magick fire
can melt steel beams.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! It's been a while. This is a 21 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. Votebot finally supports this functionality, and so there should rarely be a discrepancy between my counts and its. I may even stop doing hand counts entirely; how strange would that be? O brave new world that has such machines in't.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider it!

One last note: if you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

NOTE: just an estimate, not assumed to be accurate!

Current Phase: ENDGAME
:h: n / a
:d: n / a

Player List:
1) Atomic Soda
2) b-minus1
3) Birdstrike
4) BottleKnight
5) bowmore King Burgundy
6) chaoslord
7) Deadbeat Dad
8) Dick Bastardly
9) flerp
10) Gridlocked
11) Hal Incandenza
12) IllegallySober
13) LupusAter
14) Max
15) Moatillata
16) Monathin
17) Mr. F!
18) Murmur Twin
19) SalTheBard
20) sentimental snail
21) TMMadman

Replacements:
- Fitty
- chores

==============

Day 1: IllegallySober, Iwaka, Rogue Horror (scum-aligned busdriver), executed.
Night 1: King Burgundy, Gahoku, Master of Ceremonies (town-aligned cop), died. Max, Ino, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 2: Mr F, Kelis, Guard (town-aligned roleblocker), executed.
Night 2: chaoslord, Anui'anu, Urchin (town-aligned hider), died. Murmur Twin, Kirikaw, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 3: TMMadman, Pisok, Fighting Horror (scum-aligned loud juggernaut), executed.
Night 3: Monathin, Mandu, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 4: bottleknight, Ui'afol, Inquisitor (town-aligned cult cop), executed.
Night 4: Atomic Soda, Gapa Punic, Captain (town-aligned tracker), died. Dick Bastardly, Tupoua, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 5: SalTheBard, Nagapu, Horror (scum-aligned goon), executed.
Night 5: Deadbeat Dad, Loau, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died. Birdstrike, Kumule, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 6: Hal Incandenza, Senhir, Magick Horror (scum-aligned inventor), executed.

:toot:
TOWN VICTORY
GAME OVER

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 27, 2018

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

bowmore posted:

Hi Ecco!

hi bowm--

bowmore posted:

(not a sign up)

BLOCKED.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if we don't get more signups by tomorrow night I'm gonna throw it in. ask your friends!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Winning as town in an ecco game is an actual accomplishment

okay so 1) towns in most ecco games, and 2) I just noticed tonight is westworld's deadline so hopefully their dead join us.

hooray!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
still need four more :( (or three if KB if healthy)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if we don't get three more by wednesday morning I'm calling it in, it's been almost two weeks and if a game doesn't fill up in that time it's kind of DOA effort-wise.

I'm also going on a vacation three weeks from tomorrow and that's about as long as I predict this game will last too so that's also a thing as well.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Sweet so... role pms in 2 weeks right?

I promise them by wednesday morning!

I won't toxx it, I'm not a monster, but hooray!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
no

PMs are halfway done. I don't know if I can finish them by tomorrow but we'll see.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes and emails. Thank you for being patient with me!

Instead of saying some variation of "confirm" type the following sentence (capitalizing the first letter of each word):

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter.

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample Role PM posted:

Illandir - Il'ana - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
The annual Moot is a sacred affair. People come from throughout the Domain to attend it, preparing for weeks, sometimes even months, so they can get together and meet each other and share stories about what's happening in their tribes. It's the most important communication exchange, and without it, the Domain would be seventeen different groups of people staring at each other from across an ocean's expanse. Also you heard that there'd be oyster wine this year – honest to goodness oyster wine – and you were really excited to have some! But now the moot has been ruined, your Ma'jaruna has been murdered, and the people responsible are standing right next to you, smiling when they see you, and waiting for your back to turn so they can stick a knife in it. Your queen's final words were to stick together and you'll all get through this. And she's right. Despite the sharks in dolphin's clothing, you must learn to trust each other. It's going to be hard; it'll be the hardest thing you've ever done. But if you don't, you'll surely be doomed.
You are a townie! You seek to discover the traitors in your midst and bring them to justice, and as such win when all scum players are removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread freely.
You have no other exceptional powers or abilities at this time.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Illandir, Il'ana, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed in the back night 0. :s:

The game should be beginning shortly!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Ma'jaruna is dead. Her killers are among you, and must be found. Alarms blare throughout the city, warning about the depressurization in the moot chamber. They are only punctuated by another warning: that there are only 23 more cycles until the reactor explodes.

Time to roll up those sleeves boys and girls because it's going to be a long night.

(source)

:s: Podima, Ma'jaruna Ibis IV, Ma'jaruna (town-aligned mason recruiter), was killed by a torrent of water night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1
:h: With 21 alive it takes 11 votes to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Sunday, March 11th, ~11PM PST / Monday, March 12th, ~2AM EST / ~6PM AEDT

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

I would write this but I'm p busy atm on the phone with my credit card company

Apparently I was charged $200 in macarons from some bakery in Washington state but I've never been there so I'm disputing it

I appreciate commitment to a bit.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 22 cycles. Immediate attention is required.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 21 cycles. Immediate attention is required.

=======

The diplomats and their entourage realized that they had to do something to stop the reactor meltdown. They remembered, from earlier in the day, as it had only been a few hours, that the Ma'jaruna had a private high-pressure submarine that could reach the reactor deep, deep below the sea. It could only fit seven people however.

Hot off the heels of one tragedy they now must make their first, incredibly important decision, and they didn't have a lot of time to deliberate. May the gods bless their souls.

MINIGAME: Submarine Edition

Seven players will be sent into a submarine in order to fix the reactor. Whom will it be? These players will be sent to a Special Area, and will become incommunicado for a period of time.

You have 12 hours and change to decide. (:d: ~11:30 AM PST / 2:30 PM EST / 6:30 AM AEDT)

Have fun!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
point of clarification:
- while it is time sensitive, it's not so sensitive that people in strange and exotic time zones or who have a job couldn't participate.

you have about three hours left to figure out who's going.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 8, 2018

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Sorry for the delay, I was reading The Bachelor gossip.

=============

The submarine only fit seven people, but far more than seven volunteered for the mission. After enough backed out, conveniently, seven remained. They entered the submarine, closed the hatch, and descended into the depths, hoping to find the reactor, fix it, and prevent the destruction of the city.

The following people are going on a minigame adventure!

quote:

chaoslord
Moatillata
Gridlocked
Murmur Twin
Monathin
Flerp
b-minus1

Say your goodbyes because some of them will not be coming back.

From this point on they are forbidden to post in this thread until the conclusion of the minigame. They are also strongly encouraged to not read the thread, but obviously that's only on the honor system, but I like to think everyone here is honorable.

Since they will be gone, the votecount has been reset. The seven players can neither receive votes nor be the target of night actions until they return.

Hooray!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (14): Atomic Soda, Birdstrike, BottleKnight, bowmore, Deadbeat Dad, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, LupusAter, Max, Mr. F!, SalTheBard, sentimental snail, TMMadman

:h: With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 11th, 2018 at 11 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours from this post.

:D

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I've already contacted KB.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 20 cycles. Immediate attention is required.

bowmore is replaced by King Burgundy. hooray!

========================

Birdstrike (1): Mr. F!
Mr. F! (1): LupusAter
Dick Bastardly (0): Max, -Max
Atomic Soda (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike

Not Voting (12): Atomic Soda, Birdstrike, BottleKnight, Deadbeat Dad, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Max, SalTheBard, sentimental snail, TMMadman

:h: With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 11th, 2018 at 11 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours from this post.

:D

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

Ecco why’d you leave your phone charger on the sub?

because I have the memory of a goldfish!!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also what the gently caress is a 2 AM on Sunday deadline, Ecco?

live in a better timezone, like australia :sun:

I'm back from my vacation and ready to handle votes and flips.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:d: 9 minutes! This deadline is the opposite of floating. "Oh but ecco it's so late" - whine about it, losers!

(future deadlines will probably be at a more accommodating hour.)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:redhammer:

IllegallySober (8): Birdstrike, Dick Bastardly, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, LupusAter, Atomic Soda, Max, BottleKnight, King Burgundy, -King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Deadbeat Dad
Dick Bastardly (4): Max, -Max, sentimental snail, IllegallySober, Deadbeat Dad, SalTheBard, TMMadman, King Burgundy, -Deadbeat Dad, -King Burgundy
Birdstrike (1): Mr. F!, Dick Bastardly, IllegallySober, -Dick Bastardly, -IllegallySober
BottleKnight (0): King Burgundy, -King Burgundy
Mr. F! (0): LupusAter, -LupusAter, TMMadman, -TMMadman
King Burgundy (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
Deadbeat Dad (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
Atomic Soda (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

:h: With 14 players alive, it took 8 votes to be executed.

==============

After the sub had left, discussion seemed at a standstill. The sub decision seemed so important at the time, and even though they made it quickly, it still seemed to have sucked the air out of the room. Finally, though, accusations started flying. Just at the end of the day cycle, before the city went into Night Mode, they settled on IllegallySober. He seemed shifty, and after all, Illegal was in his name - he had to be up to no good. (The "sober" part didn't help, either.)

They shoved him to an airlock and closed the door behind him. A second later a hatch opened, filling the chamber with water. Sober struggled, he flailed, and he gasped. He slammed on the inner door, begging to be let in. Soon he demanded to be let in. His voice deepened dramatically and began to bellow, as if coming from the center of his chest. His jaw unhinged from his mouth, and from inside his throat a creature emerged, like some kind of salamander, but jet black, with red eyes. The creature squealed, and black ooze of the same color began pouring from Sober's eyes and nose. Once the chamber was completely filled with water, however, the creature dissipated, as if dissolving.

The outer door to the chamber opened, and Sober's body, swirled with inky blackness, floated into the sea, never to be seen again.

:s: IllegallySober, Iwaka, Rogue Horror (scum-aligned busdriver), was executed day 1. :s:

"Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 15 cycles. Immediate attention is required."

Night actions! :toot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
After Night Mode ended and Day Mode began (the second day of this conflict), the diplomats and their retinue discovered that their worst fears had come true: there were still killers among them, and they have struck again.

First to go was King Burgundy; he seemed to have been gored to death by a trident. Investigating his room revealed that he was the master of ceremonies for the moot, with detailed (if incomprehensible) records on everyone invitee. His loss is truly a blow to the entire cause.

:s: King Burgundy, Gahoku, Master of Ceremonies (town-aligned cop), was gored night 1. :s:

The second to go was Max, though his was far more brutal. His body had been ripped apart, as if attacked by a mad beast. Checking his room revealed him as just a simple Diplomat from the town of Ava Meli. RIP. Er, that is, rest in peaces. Er. Um. Yeah.

:s: Max, Ino, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was rip'd night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2!
:h: With 11 alive it takes 6 votes to execute
:d: Day 2 deadline: Tuesday, March 13th, ~11pm EDT / ~8pm PDT / Wednesday, 2pm AEDT. This deadline will be floating as I'll be donating blood at this time but y'all whined so here is your dream come true.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 12, 2018

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (11): Atomic Soda, Birdstrike, BottleKnight, Deadbeat Dad, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, Mr. F!, SalTheBard, sentimental snail, TMMadman

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 13th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours from this post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 12 cycles. Immediate attention is required."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

TMMadman (2): Birdstrike, sentimental snail, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
Mr. F! (1): TMMadman

Not Voting (8): Atomic Soda, BottleKnight, Deadbeat Dad, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, Mr. F!, SalTheBard

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 13th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 3/4 hours from this post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Final Day 2 Votecount :c:

Mr. F! (6): TMMadman, Hal Incandenza, Birdstrike, LupusAter, sentimental snail, -sentimental snail, Dick Bastardly, SalTheBard
TMMadman (1): Birdstrike, sentimental snail, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard, LupusAter, BottleKnight, -Birdstrike, -LupusAter, -sentimental snail

Not Voting (4): Atomic Soda, Deadbeat Dad, Mr. F!, sentimental snail

:h: With 11 players alive, it took 6 votes to be executed.

==================

On the second day they threw Magnus out an air lock. He barely resisted. The town watched him slowly drown; nothing else happened, he just became a floating, bug-eyed corpse. Checking his room revealed he was a member of the City Guard, and though everyone is familiar with the phrase "AGAB," nothing in Magnus's room suggested he liked killing people. At worst he was just kind of a stoner (someone who collects polished sea rocks) who loved (sea)weed.

:s: Mr. F, Kelis, Guard (town-aligned roleblocker), was executed day 2. :s:

Night actions!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 13 cycles. Immediate attention... is... r............"

The lights in the city slowly fade, and then turn off. All the doors are non-functional, the water faucets are stuck, and the air starts to feel stale.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
".......equired. Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 13 cycles. Immediate attention is required."

The lights turn on; doors open and close again; the air filtration system works in overdrive to make up for the ten minutes they were deactivated.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 12 cycles. Immediate atten--"

*ding*

"Reactor stable."

And for the first time in two days, there is silence.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
In the middle of Night Mode, the diplomats hear the away sub docking with the nearby submarine bay. It's too late to say hello to them right now.

The following players have returned to the game:
- Chaoslord;
- Murmur Twin;
- Monathin; and
- flerp

They may once again receive night actions, and come morning will become normal players in the game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Though they had just come back from their trip, half of them would never get the chance to say hello.

Chaoslord was found stabbed to death, run through with a spear or trident during the night. He was just a little boy.

Murmur Twin was ripped to shreds, as if by a wild beast, the same as Max from the previous night.

They saved the day, and now have given their lives for the city. Truly there can be no more noble way to die.

:s: chaoslord, Anui'anu, Urchin (town-aligned hider), was stabbed night 2. :s:

:s: Murmur Twin, Kirikaw, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was ripped to shreds night 2.
:s:

It is now Day 3

:h: With 12 alive it takes 7 to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Thursday, March 15th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Friday, ~2PM AEDT.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (12): Atomic Soda, Birdstrike, BottleKnight, Deadbeat Dad, Dick Bastardly, flerp, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, Monathin, SalTheBard, sentimental snail, TMMadman

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 15th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours from this post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

TMMadman (4): TMMadman, Deadbeat Dad, Birdstrike, -TMMadman, Dick Bastardly, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Monathin
SalTheBard (1): flerp, Monathin, -Monathin, Atomic Soda, -flerp, TMMadman, -Atomic Soda
LupusAter (0): Monathin, -Monathin

Not Voting (7): Atomic Soda, BottleKnight, flerp, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, SalTheBard, sentimental snail

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 15th at 11 pm EDT -- that's in a little more than 11 hours from this post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Final Day 3 Votecount :c:

TMMadman (7): TMMadman, Deadbeat Dad, Birdstrike, -TMMadman, Dick Bastardly, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Monathin, Atomic Soda, LupusAter, -Deadbeat Dad, -Atomic Soda, Deadbeat Dad, SalTheBard, -Monathin, Monathin, Atomic Soda
SalTheBard (1): flerp, Monathin, -Monathin, Atomic Soda, -flerp, TMMadman, -Atomic Soda
LupusAter (0): Monathin, -Monathin

Not Voting (4): BottleKnight, flerp, Hal Incandenza, sentimental snail

:h: With 12 players alive, it took 7 votes to be executed.

================================

The town decided that enough was enough - they weren't going to stand behind lies anymore. Though it took herculean effort they managed to drag TMM into an airlock. He started to yell as the water filled into the chamber. His muscles began to inflate like balloons and his eyes became clouded over with more black ooze. He slammed against the door to the airlock and made deep dents into it; he was clearly very powerful. Before he could break through the door entirely, the chamber was filled, and TMM was sent into the open water where the pressure quickly crushed him.

:s: TMMadman, Pisok, Fighting Horror (scum-aligned loud juggernaut), was executed day 3. :s:

It is now Night 3!

Submit your actions ASAP, I hope to have the game up by morning.

Sorry for the delayed flip, there's no excuse I was just napping and then making supper.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
When Day Mode began again, the diplomats were surprised (or, perhaps, not surprised at all) to find that only one of their members had died during the night. It was another member of the submarine crew: Monathin. He had a fireball burned into the center of his chest, and likely died instantly.

:s: Monathin, Mandu, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was on the wrong end of a fireball night 3. :s:

It is now Day 4.
:h: With 10 alive it takes 6 to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Monday, March 19th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Tuesday, ~2PM AEDT.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have processed any pending day actions.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Final Day 4 Votecount :c:

BottleKnight (6): Atomic Soda, Birdstrike, Deadbeat Dad, sentimental snail, SalTheBard, Hal Incandenza
LupusAter (1): BottleKnight
SalTheBard (1): Birdstrike, flerp, -Birdstrike
Hal Incandenza (0): Deadbeat Dad, -Deadbeat Dad

Not Voting (2): Dick Bastardly, LupusAter

:h: With 10 players alive, it took 6 votes to be executed.

==========

The town settled on bottleknight this day; he claimed, in addition to the monsters, that the diplomats have been plagued by a vile cult. That a member of this cult has not yet been seen - or even that the cult's existence has heretofore been unknown - only served as further "proof" to BK. "Obviously the cult isn't going to announce it exists!" he raved. "And I couldn't warn you about it - that'd clue them in that I'm onto them!"

This town does not suffer foolishness lightly (anymore...), and so BK was given the airlock. When he died though he did not reveal any monster blood, nor did he chant a cultist's dirge. Checking his room revealed that he had been telling the truth about his identity.

:s: bottleknight, Ui'afol, Inquisitor (town-aligned cult cop), was executed day 4.:s:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Sorry for the long night!

========

Another morning, another series of brutal murders. First is Atomic Soda; she was killed when she was run through with a trident. Her room showed she was an accomplished captain - she was even the personal driver for the late Ma'jaruna. Her loyalty was unquestionable, and her skill at navigating the undersea waves was unparalleled.

:s: Atomic Soda, Gapa Punic, Captain (town-aligned tracker), was stabbed to death night 4. :s:

Next was Dick Bastardly, who, judging by the state of his room, was burned alive. Everything was charred to a cinder, including a Dick Bastardly-shaped skeleton that was splayed over a chair and desk. Strange, though; the room was thoroughly burned, yet there are lingering flames, no cinders, and everything is cool to the touch.

:s: Dick Bastardly, Tupoua, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was burned to a crisp night 4. :s:

Additionally, on the floor next to DB's desk is a beautiful emerald. It is the size of a fist, and seems to be cut in such a way that it always captures the light from the room inside of it.

An ITEM is available! The first player to type ##grab EMERALD will acquire a magickal jewel with unknown effects.

It is now Day 5.
:h: With 7 alive it takes 4 to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Thursday, March 22nd, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Friday, ~2PM AEDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 5 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (7): Birdstrike, Deadbeat Dad, flerp, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, SalTheBard, sentimental snail

:h: With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 22nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in a little more than 2 days from this post.

• Locked thread