Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
aw man i'm in two already, put me in as a replacement i'd love to play an ecco game again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

I'll convert my replacement list request into an actual slot for now if it helps us fill. :)

me too

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
more people need to sign up to this ecco games are great

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

I was hoping to shame you into a signup

:hellyeah:

haha maybe this time moat, maybe this time we'll both be town.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

Or both scum, I'm not picky

no i don't want to be scum it makes my stomach hurt.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Max posted:

Who wants me to vote them first.

not me, unless we both end up scum, then yes to mitigate the damage. send me straight to gundagai

hi sal

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hooray!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

hi everyone!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Birdstrike posted:

hey Soda what’s crackin?

on eggs and bacon i be mackin'
tho there is one thing that i be lackin'
and that my friend is just a spacklin'
of some crunchy toast.

i come from queanbeyan itself, charlatan, to strike at thee ##vote bird

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
also coffee is good.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi moat!

are u scum this game?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
answer me moat i need to know

sentimental snail posted:

forums poster atomic soda has being extremely correct thus far

right!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

Nope, let's murder them

agreed, i hope u are trustworthy.

hm flerp votes for gridlocked even though grid says he is town! v scummy ##vote flerp

Gridlocked posted:

Also nat20 is scum

i don't think he's in this game but you're probably right anyways.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
sounds damp

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Birdstrike posted:

VICTORY WELFARE

sounds like something a bin chicken would say

Gridlocked posted:

I wanna take AS with me

who wouldn't want to sink beneath the waves in a sardine tin of salty lads

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i don't baalieve

don't really know the band either

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

chaoslord posted:

The cool and good sub team:

CL
Moat
Grid
MMT
Mona
Flerp
B-

(which I think is everyone who has signed up who has not later backed out)

Quote this post to agree

seems fine we'll see what happens

##unvote

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##unvote
##vote bowmore

I like bowmore, just going to keep my vote on him until I know he's actually going to post a lot in a game.

Also how many scum do you guys think went under the sea

probably moat, maybe chaoslord and possibly monathin.

BottleKnight posted:

What makes you think it's subtle at all

also why is everyone posting with grammar that makes me think they've had a stroke

its ok gramma

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning

LupusAter posted:

Mr. F's weird insistence in pulling some sort of gambit doesn't sit entirely well with me. And that's as good a reason as any for a D1 vote.

##vote Mr. F

i don't like this post
birdy might be a scum
hi kb, welcome

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
mostly gut atm, he's being amusing and posting alot w/o really giving scum reads. post flow reminds me of shine, also didn't like this post:

Birdstrike posted:

I will note vote flerp

who do you reckon is the scummiest max?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SalTheBard posted:

I agree that there is probably not much to glean but it's better than doing nothing on D1.

hey sal i look forward to your read, i'm mostly working on gut feel at this stage but it all adds up in the end.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Max posted:

I actually had a different read on that but don't want to go into it. I'm more bothered by Birb's sudden switch from "I don't want to vote bowmore since he's go stuff going on" to just dropping a vote on him immediately once TMM invoked his name.

I'm going back to the well at the moment and am going to say TMM, simply based off what I know of his town game. He hasn't actually presented any reads at all this game thus far, mostly complained that I voted for him and then offered up a weak "I'm not into this" after the people left on the sub and wanted to just end the day early with a lunch of someone who we would learn literally nothing from. That's not the town TMM I know and it smacks of a dangerous laziness that I feel like town TMM would be screaming at right now.

yeah i find the whole tmm thing weird as well, like scum excuses not to participate frankly.

interested in your read when you're up for getting into it.i'm also not convinced the sub seven will be back this game day.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Birdstrike posted:

I don’t think you read Shine

gee if you say so.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
he doesn't post as much i think

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

As for IS’s vote, idk. Not much there. Don’t really get scum pings from it.

really? i thought the fact there wasn't much there was the scummy bit.

IllegallySober posted:

I'm okay with this plan, actually. ##vote Birdstrike

why are/were you ok with this plan?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hey mr f come back, i'll even say i'm scum if you like.

we should have sent tmm on the boat with the cool kids and bminus.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
don't worry it shouldn't take long!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
adding sober and probably bk to my scum list

IllegallySober posted:

I was/am primarily okay with this plan because:

A) I'm not a huge fan of D1 in general
B) There's very little specifically going on in D1 this game, since apparently
C) All the effort-posters got on the sub, and
D) if DB felt strongly enough about his read on Birdstrike to advocate for his own dunk if Birdstrike flipped scum, then I'm inclined to go along with it and see what happens.

However, since DB then immediately jumped off that vote to vote me, it seems I now need to take a look at DB more closely.

thankyou but is till think you are suss:

a) no one is
b) yes and
c)so? i don't think it likely all the scum got on the one boat.

d) is the only think that relates to a plan to lunch birdy then go for db, and still reads more like scum tactic than town. for example a more town thing would be to perhaps say lets lunch sober, then if he flips scum i'd be up for lunching bk, hypothetically.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
im very happy for you both

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

You basically agree then with everything I posted with the exception of D) and I'm not seeing how your example of a "more town thing" is fundamentally any different really.

i don't so much agree/not agree with a b and c, but rather i think they are irrelevant to the question of why do you think lunching bird then lunching db if bird is town is a good plan.

part of that statement was me having fun, but i do think there is a difference between these two examples.

a) lets lunch person 1, if they're not scum then lets lunch person 2 for pushing them; vs
b) lets lunch person 2, if they're scum then lets lunch person 2 for defending them.

i would look on the person making statement b much more favourably esp at this stage of the game.

##vote sober

Max posted:

Busy day for me but I’ll be back well before deadline. Finally got tickets to black panther.

i saw it yesterday it was a lot of fun, enjoy!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
tmm i am flattered by your assessment but be assured that if i was scum i'd eventually just tell you :/

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

TMMadman posted:

What do you think about Mr. F?

last game i played with him he was scum he posted a shitton day one and vigged somone. i'm not sure what to make of his asking everyone to say they're scum - it could be another gimmick to push his towniness but he seems disheartened that ppl aren't playing along. null atm, wouldn't lunch today but hopefully he starts to post more soon.

sentimental snail posted:

here's my spicy sticky sentimental take: I think those posts make me slightly more suspicious of tmm

whys that you beautiful mollusc

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

TMMadman posted:

Man, sometimes I really have trouble with the whole 'well, let's wait and see if he posts more' attitude. I know that newer people tend to get the benefit of the doubt and that's fine. And I also know the attitude is somewhat unevenly applied because some players are often granded a little more leeway than others, but at a certain point I just feel like you might as well kill off the lurker, especially on a weird D1 like this one.

Mr. F has made 9 posts over the span of 4 days and none of them have really engaged the game. Again, I know it's ironic coming from me given my past couple of days, but it's something that irks me.

i think lunching mr f today would be a mistake and tell us very little, as you point out he's not had a lot of interactions. plus i don't really read them as scum atm.

what are the benefits to lunching mr f that you see. are you that sure he's scum?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
you are voting sober birdy

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
lol

you crazy fowl

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

TMMadman posted:

I'm not sure he is scum, but I think it's just as possible as any one of BK/IS/DB being scum.

I know he hasn't had any real interactions but if he doesn't post more then that is just going to get worse as the game goes on.

I probably wouldn't be pushing this as a lynch if this was a normal day, but the whole sub thing kind of took the sails out of the game and I'm of the opinion that I'd rather take out someone who isn't posting today over people who are posting.

And if the sub thing didn't happen, then there would probably be a lot more and better content to base a lynch on, so it wouldn't be nearly as good of a lynch option.

The way I see it, today is a perfectly fine day to take out someone who isn't posting because we don't know what is going to happen tomorrow in regards to people leaving the game and basically all the interactions are going to be reset.

Essentially, I'm seeing D2 as a D1 because we will have essentially 'new' people joining the game.

this feels disingenuous. given the amount of discussion about bk/sober/db, i find it strange that you would vote mr. f over them, given you've said its just as possible they are scum and we've had so much more discussion around them.

TMMadman posted:

Do you really just think that the 7 people who left in the sub are just sitting around doing nothing?

I would be absolutely loving furious if I was on the sub and that was the case because what would be the point?

you continuing on about it is the suspicious bit here. echo straight up said they'd be playing a minigame and its irrelevant to what we need to do today.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hey mr. f i'm scum

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
jk jk but tmm sure is

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i know right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
do you have any other scum reads besides mr. f?

• Locked thread