Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Both films were excellent masterpieces by themselves, but in only one of these films featured an obese security guard shooting a gingerbread man cookie with a revolver. In my opinion: winner goes to Ernest (and I haven't even mentioned EVIL Ernest!!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Personally, I liked Blade Runner 2049 better. Haven't watched Ernest Goes to Jail yet though.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Ernest Scared Stupid

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Ernest Goes to Africa was the Black Panther of its time except it’s super racist and stars a white hillbilly.

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
they both sucked.

Waiting for the new hard R action movie starring russel crowe as a retired black ops turned high school math teacher who is sucked into a gritty shootout with a disgruntled student (played by paul dano? CGI heath ledger?)
In the process he discovers a conspiracy involving the NRA and russia that goes all the way to the top as he goes deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole etc.

noice

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

For a movie called blade runner there is a disturbing shortage of sword smuggling.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

For a movie called blade runner there is a disturbing shortage of sword smuggling.

Yeah when I was a kid I heard about it and thought it would be Han Solo getting in badass swordfights with robots, but then it was just him eating noodles in the rain or something.

What I'm saying is Ernest is better because it never broke my loving heart.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you make me choose between ernest and any other thing i will choose ernest 100% of the time.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't know that Ryan Gosling retired Auntie Nelda by shooting her in the back repeatedly.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
odd choice, op might be a replicant

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
I wanted to watch Ernest Goes to Jail but my mother wouldn't let me when it was a new release, and I forgot about it when I got older.

I suppose I will watch it this weekend now. Thanks for reminding me about this film.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

John_A_Tallon posted:

I wanted to watch Ernest Goes to Jail but my mother wouldn't let me when it was a new release, and I forgot about it when I got older.

I suppose I will watch it this weekend now. Thanks for reminding me about this film.

Ah yes the terrible influence known as the Ernest franchise.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

It's a shame Jim Varney never did Shakespeare.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Ah yes the terrible influence known as the Ernest franchise.

"'Goes to Jail'!? Not so fast. You won't be watchin' anythin' except Earnest Goes To College And Becomes A Doctor!"

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Sadly we never got to meet Vern. :rip::iiam:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

"Ernest Gets Woke"

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Ernest Goes To Jail sucks except for the part where he heats the pen and maybe the magnet scene. Ernest Scared Stupid, however, is a god damned masterpiece.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Dregs posted:

Ernest Scared Stupid, however, is a god damned masterpiece.
You bet your rear end it is.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Ernest scared stupid sometimes gets overhyped on how scary it was, but it was definitely the best. I think as a kid I watched every Ernest movie made and that's the only one I even remember the plot of (well except for the overall summary given away in the titles), let alone rewatch it.

e: I have to admit though that slam dunk ernest was kind of underrated and I remember enjoying it

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Jail is the 2nd best film in the ECU. Ernest goes to camp being the best.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Automatic Slim posted:

It's a shame Jim Varney never did Shakespeare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1G7KQZpP3c

Get wrekt, Vern.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

amusinginquiry posted:

Ernest Scared Stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVHYjHapvsY

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RIP Varney :smith:

Also Lowtax it's a trick question. The answer is 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
As much as children love movies where the main character is executed by the state for a crime they didn't commit, and instead gets amazing super powers, my vote has to go to Ernest Scared Stupid as the superior sequel to both of them.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Here's my review of blade runner 2049:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeSXvATLmSU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

King of Bees posted:

Sadly we never got to meet Vern. :rip::iiam:

We are all Vern.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I know what you mean, friend.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Low tax I think they're both good movies and I enjoy watching them

I hope you did too

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jim Varney ruffled my hair as a kid when I met him once :3:

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I loved these movies so much I went to see a play based on them called "the importance of being earnest" but it was really stupid and he didnt mention vern once

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
There was an episode of How Did This Get Made where they watched Ernest Goes To Jail. The consensus is that Evil Ernest is hot as gently caress, all the girls agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pftCUC18DG4&t=999s

Evil Ernest: insanely hot.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't consider the Ernest movies sequels persay. More like each is its own film with the same main character or something. I don't think anything that happens in one Ernest movie affects the Ernest Canon

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
Cyberpunk is cool and all but the Ernest movies shaped me to be the hapless moron I am today

also according to my high school English teacher, Varney was the best Iago he had ever seen

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

JakeP posted:

I don't consider the Ernest movies sequels persay. More like each is its own film with the same main character or something. I don't think anything that happens in one Ernest movie affects the Ernest Canon

it's sort of the proto-Cloverfield universe

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Earnest Rides Again is my favorite, the one where he finds an antique cannon. I still hum the opening theme from time to time.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
there once was a man named Worrell~

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

We've already agreed that GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH is the GOAT sequel. Like, you run these forums, you should know this poo poo, OP.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Earnest Joins the Army is pretty solid, I recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

The Dregs posted:

Ernest Scared Stupid, however, is a god damned masterpiece.

drat straight.

• Locked thread