Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Basically its going to be Good Will Hunting but for snacks instead of some kids movie starring Chester the Cheetah.

I’m having a hard time imagining people getting off their rear end to go out and see a movie about loving Cheetos though.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/flamin-hot-cheetos-movie-devon-franklin-fox-searchlight-1202707879/amp/

quote:

Fox Searchlight and DeVon Franklin are set to produce the film “Flamin’ Hot,” which will tell the true story of Richard Montanez, who rose from humble beginnings to a successful businessman when he created a food phenomenon — Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.

Fox Searchlight nabbed the project in what was a highly competitive sale, with multiple studios vying for the project.

The film follows Montanez, the son of an immigrant, who grew up as a migrant farm worker picking grapes in the fields of Southern California before becoming a janitor at Frito-Lay. It was while working at the company that Montanez came up with the idea to create Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, transforming the Frito-Lay brand into a pop culture phenomenon and disrupting the entire food industry in the process. Now commonly referred to as the Godfather of Multicultural Marketing, it was that initial idea that would spark a billion-dollar brand and catapult him from janitor to elite corporate executive.

Franklin will produce the project through his Franklin Entertainment shingle. Lewis Colick will pen the script from the initial pitch, which he and Franklin developed with Montanez. Samuel Rodriguez will executive produce.

Anikah McLaren and Taylor Friedman will oversee for the studio.

Franklin, who has a first-look film deal with 20th Century Fox, is also currently in pre-production on “The Impossible” for Fox 2000 with “This Is Us” actress Chrissy Metz set to star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
oh its about the dude that made flaming hot cheetos. i thought it was really going to be a good will hunting rip off starring cgi chester cheetah, like how avatar was dances with wolves but aliens, and i definitely would have gone to see it.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
So it's a vanity project for some rich dude to show how he totally worked his way up from nothing? What are the odds of a not so subtle "well i bootstrapped myself so cheetos factories don't need minimum wage" message?

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

That dude belongs in the Hague not Hollywood.

Those Cheetos are too hot!

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

If those Cheetos were a house in Texas, an innocent man would have been convicted of arson over them.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

call me when they make the doritos movie.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

If those Cheetos were millions of acres of grassland in West Africa's Sahel region, they'd be turning into desert right now.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Should have been 2 hours of Chester rear end loving a heavily lisped anthromorphized Cheeto and just called "Flamin'"

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

If those Cheetos were spilled McDonald's coffee, they'd give that old lady so much nerve damage.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Also, they don't taste very good.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Apparently if you eat a lot of these things they dye your poo poo bright red. Can anybody confirm?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

when is the andy capp hot fries movie

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

free hubcaps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRWt58r5N3M

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
How does any work get done with all the "disrupting" going on in every industry?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

free hubcaps posted:

Do they still sell those? The vending machine in my elementary school had them and they were awesome.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Chrs Gry posted:

Apparently if you eat a lot of these things they dye your poo poo bright red. Can anybody confirm?

Confirmed. Also, they burn your rear end in a top hat something fierce when it gets to that level. Just to level set, I'm an 800lb shut-in.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Hot Cheetos and takis

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Duckbox posted:

If those Cheetos were a house in Texas, an innocent man would have been convicted of arson over them.

If those cheetos were in Texas they would get dragged behind a truck

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
emoji origns: poop

SammichBacon
Nov 11, 2013

Do they give you flamin' hot farts?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Disrupt these snack size nuts OP

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

SammichBacon posted:

Do they give you flamin' hot farts?

Just the opposite: Wet n' Chilly

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:matters:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have a bunch of cheese that went crunchy but i don't think it was supposed to

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
how about them cheetos?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

How spicy are they? I’ve never had them bc I’m not a gigantic fatbody

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

What I like is this isn’t the story of the brand as a whole it’s specifically the story of one flavour of Cheetos

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I saw the corn man adding butter and cheese and chilies to the corn and I thought, why not add chilies to the Cheetos

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
that movie where michael keaton invents McDonald's was ok so maybe this one will be ok too

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ironically, Utz got the merchandising tie in rights.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
anyone ever have xxtra flamin hot cheetos? any good? Someone from GBS get me a bag and I'll give you a forums upgrade!!!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

anyone ever have xxtra flamin hot cheetos? any good? Someone from GBS get me a bag and I'll give you a forums upgrade!!!

i got you a bag right here
:flip:

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

multicultural marketing

are flamin hot cheetos ethnic food

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

curlys gold posted:

multicultural marketing

are flamin hot cheetos ethnic food

mucho caliente south of the border flavour

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Chrs Gry posted:

My fiance works is a pediatrician at the indigent-care hospital in town and parents come in EVERY WEEK (if not day) with their child complaining of blood in their stool and a violent stomach ache. Her first question is always "do they eat flaming hot Cheetos?" and the answer is invariably yes. It turns out that blood in your stool: (1) does not turn your poo bright red, but rather a deep crimson-black; and (2) gives off a VERY distinctive smell of copper. Parents are always indignant when she tells them to stop feeding their child garbage food (she says it in a much nicer way, I'm sure; her bedside manner is top notch iykwim :smuggo:)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
yeah the flamin hot poops are a surprise every time

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Not a trump movie, voted 2.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXBGPAltD_M

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Well, The Founder was a great movie so this one could be good.

Soon all movies will be about fast food and snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
why the gently caress did i get a film degree

• Locked thread