Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaded Burnout

Two communities sit on opposite sides of a deep river valley. We, the denizens of BYOB, have been tasked with designing the bridge which will connect these towns for the first time in four hundred years, and thanks to Gary's rich uncle, money is no object.

What do you add to the design, and why?

For my part it'll be cubbyholes beneath the middle of the bridge, where kids from both towns can hang out and play pokemon or shoot up heroin or whatever 8 year olds do these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
It's a suspension bridge, but it's festooned in fiber optics with millions of colors scintillating throughout the structure. There's a walking path on either side of the main thoroughfare for when people choose to walk or ride a bike across the bridge, rather than the main form of transportation, which is of course BUMPER CARS! That's right the main way to cross this bridge is in a bumper car, and you better not be in a hurry either because people will be thwarting you!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Farecoal

There he go
You're thinking too small! We need bumper busses!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Farecoal posted:

You're thinking too small! We need bumper busses!!

double-decker bumper buses... :hfive:

City of Glompton

vending machines that for a quarter will dispense a handful of something innocuous (pebbles? fish food? ice cubes?) that can be thrown from the bridge because throwing things from high places is fun

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
A loop-de-loop. You ain't crossing this bridge unless you're going 200 mph, baby.

Jaded Burnout

City of Glompton posted:

vending machines that for a quarter will dispense a handful of something innocuous (pebbles? fish food? ice cubes?) that can be thrown from the bridge because throwing things from high places is fun

A dedicated poohsticks platform?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

City of Glompton posted:

Those parachute men (but they're biodegradable/edible and not plastic)

Manifisto

I am not 100% sure what a cantilever is but it is a very important technical-sounding word and I think our bridge should have some cantilevers. let's order a pallet or two to start, we can always get more if we need them.

ty nesamdoom!

City of Glompton

i'd like our bridge to be positive and cantilever sounds kinda negative, maybe we can have yesicanlevers instead?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

i'd like our bridge to be positive and cantilever sounds kinda negative, maybe we can have yesicanlevers instead?

of course! although it means our bridge will probably explode upon contact with cantilevers, so maybe we will need some signs to that effect

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Gargoyles taking bong rips and playing Xbox.

Jaded Burnout

Jedrick posted:

Gargoyles taking bong rips and playing Xbox.

Gargoyles are the ones with the big tubular mouths so they basically are a bong. Ready 2 go.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"Let me build a bridge, for I cannot fill a chasm- and let me set the battlements with love"

This is the sign that greets travellers on both sides of the bridge, with a smiling picture of Sting welcoming them

Jaded Burnout

Splatmaster posted:

"Let me build a bridge, for I cannot fill a chasm- and let me set the battlements with love"

This is the sign that greets travellers on both sides of the bridge, with a smiling picture of Sting welcoming them

I like this, except maybe for the Sting pictures, it may put people off.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Jaded Burnout posted:

I like this, except maybe for the Sting pictures, it may put people off.

Alright, that's true- we don't want anyone to think there were any Police around because it would be unchill. Instead I propose the following on the sign:

-Sting (but he's not a cop since he'd have to tell you)

Jaded Burnout

Splatmaster posted:

-Sting (but he's not a cop since he'd have to tell you)

Right, otherwise it'd be a Police Sting.

alnilam

Underneath the bridge is two ziplines one sloping each direction, in case you feel neither like bumper car nor sidewalk

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
a hammock hanging under the bridge

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

Manifisto

well a shift to a minor key may work, maybe throw in some jazz or blues inflections. we want to question the assumptions of byob, travel into new terrain, but ultimately pave the way for a resurgence of the main themes.

but chill can turn to winter
laughter may dissolve like smoke
there is emptiness in emptyquotes
still somehow we survive we thrive we overcome
for beneath this island there is a rock . . .

ty nesamdoom!

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
I'm a fully accredited hobgoblin
available to start immediately
answer this riddle I've just written
and hire me as bridge security

Riddle me this:
What's brown and sticky?

Jaded Burnout

HotSoapyBeard posted:

I'm a fully accredited hobgoblin
available to start immediately
answer this riddle I've just written
and hire me as bridge security

Riddle me this:
What's brown and sticky?

My rear end.

Rushi

by Smythe
what is the troll situation??

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

peanut

It needs a kebab stand next to the toll gate and poorly divided lines so you're not quite sure whether you'll be holding a bridge token or a kebab in 15 minutes.
Same, but gelato on the other side.

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
A drive thru 7/11 right in the middle, just in case.

Senior Management

This bridge must also be underwater and pressurized so that I can see the body of water that I am metaphysically sticking it to. Take that water we can drive over and through you now! And a Buc-ees's would not hurt either.

:jerry:

peanut

Agreed and agreed and please let kind mexican men with ice cream and/or boiled corn carts cross freely.

Miss Psychosis

Let's build a bridge and make FYAD pay for it

Twenty Four

On each side, one of those warning signs like in my AV, but with a picture of a bridge on it instead of a bear. Just letting people know, you know, bridge.

alnilam

Twenty Four posted:

On each side, one of those warning signs like in my AV, but with a picture of a bridge on it instead of a bear. Just letting people know, you know, bridge.

BRIDGE MAY BE CHILL

Manifisto

Miss Psychosis posted:

Let's build a bridge and make FYAD pay for it

lol

or c&d

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

420 SWAGLORD

saban bajramovic

You tie off to the railing and rappel down :eng101:

Manifisto

in byob the bridge graffiti is emptyquotes of the bridge

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
hey man, build a bridge to terabithia and get over it... no, wait, don't!

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Jeez, yobbers, isn't the most BYOB thing a weed dispensary next to the fish food and poohsticks dispensers?

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Manifisto posted:

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Rushi

by Smythe

Manifisto posted:

!!!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

Can our bridge be really low? Asking for a . . . friend who's afraid of heights.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Dunno

Imagine a bridge - get this - made of weed

Like this:

Except....WEED

• Locked thread