Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

-----

I make 4 other posts in thread and they are all jokes, no content to them, then Quid engages me with:

So every other vote in the game at this point in time is literally just voting someone with one or two words at best. The closest thing to a case in terms of votes is Somber's early vote on DC for her apparent reaction to a joke. Somber voted DC on March 12th @ 5:01 PM US CST, not even a full 8 hours after the game started.

It's important to note here for the coming explanation why my response here is simply an explanation of the post Quid asked me about.

Now I've bolded the first sentence, because it's the linchpin in proving to you all that this is an illegitimate argument Quid is raising.

"It seems a bit odd to me that other stuff has happened in thread..."

Point to this other stuff specifically for the rest of the thread to see, please?

Also keep in mind that this case was made on March 14th, meaning that I had given the time to actually read the game, think about it in the context of joke phase wrapping up and make a vote.

The case, which I'll quote again for you was:

----

This is what I voted DC for 2 days later after they made the post.

My jokephase response was:

A dig at the messed up vote that looks like a faked action.

----

So back to Quid:

"DC's still your strongest gut-read"

So this is clever wording by Quid really.

I give no indication of holding conviction for a length of time in my response to him, and he produces it where there is none.

Another reason why this is bad and fake is because the case was literally made just a few hours before he asked. On that same day.

Literally the only other thing going on at that time was B- and himself failing at reading comprehension. The only other thing. That's it!

He is conveying to you that I've held some bad and silly opinion for a length of time, and that is simply a false representation and untrue, and it is why I think Quid is scum.

People discrediting me as a huge dumbass or simply making bad votes are probably your scum.

I'm going to keep my vote on Quid, because he is manufacturing false content.

So I don't see how it's hard to justify anything.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oh I read your case just not your point things

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can see why you think what you think

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Kashuno posted:

I am coming down off of DGK who I think is just a baddie. b- never answered my question

and just keeps repeating himself

They don't really ever justify this opinion, they just kinda hang it out there over and over. I don't like it at all

Lol drat I have repeated myself a lot.
I’ve been posting on my phone all week and haven’t had time to put together a case on my comp uter

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Kashuno posted:

baddies: fisk, quid, b-

goodies?: dgk, ngo, aa

everyone else is a maybe

##vote b-

This, but the complete opposite. Still lean town on AA though

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

I can see why you think what you think

So you see it and just think it's wrong. That quid is town?

I mean, there's some bad cases and hot takes in thread, but quid is a caught liar.

Making up stuff to discredit something is like scum 101.

B might not be a bad vote from play alone, but I'd much rather lynch someone who has been exposed as manufacturing fake content.

That's something I can actually sink my teeth into, and is proven in thread.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

hey buddy, you try having an extremely long, soft penis

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

first of all I'm gonna get my vote out of the way ## vote b-minus1

Some opinions

AA and quid are contributing a lot. I already said I'm suspicious of quid however I would rather keep them in the game for now just thanks to contributions and if they are scum their content will help later in the game. I am not suspicious of AA at all right now.

Dancer - Has made a case on b-, I wanna see that vote logged before deadline.

dbd - misguided vote on me notwithstanding, I am not supsicious of them. I disagree with the statement they made that b- is playing differently, iirc b- is playing the same way as usual, and as a reminder usual is scum.

dgk - not enough data but gut town

flerp - not voting flerp

jfisk - scum read. "I explained exactly why AA is scum. " - but no, you did not...

kash - I'll admit haven't had time to reread their posts. I've seen their name come up a bunch in other people's posts so I clearly need to put effort here. stay tuned.

somber- misformatted vote on b- should be corrected, town read.

summary

scum reads: b-, jfisk, MAYBE quid but unsure
town reads - aa, dbd, dgk, flerp, somber, and of course me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The cases on fisk are weak. I've not seen anything that places them as scum other than inactivity.

Although wrong, they explain that they believe in scum effort posting.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

kill idle bc he's obv scum efforting

i thought merk restricted the deadline, at least that's what pmom's text suggested

Although this post looks weird.

It's like they are trying to take something innocuous in dgks posts and make it look worse than it is.

Fisk is mostly null with some suspicious behavior, but what is there has been relatively substantiated concisely, even if some of it is questionable.

I don't have an alignment call for them at this time.

By my useless stupid dumbass rating system

1 T.R.
1 S.R.

Null with an equal amount of activity that can be seen as objectively positive and negative.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The missed context for many is that I am idle, gg, and as you've come to know me as, AA.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
NGO cannot stop talking about me lol

His reads of dancer and dbd are based on whether they find me scummy and he points out that somber should fix the formatting for their vote LOL wtf

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ngo does look bad. Wouldn't mind voting there.

Relative absence. No real casework.

Reinforcing opinions raised on B by others.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

kill idle bc he's obv scum efforting

this is explicitly justifying my vote, sorry yall can't read

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

he's going through extreme effort to post a lot of words that amount to nothing and that's scum 101

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Look I can't keep up with everyone's old name

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

this is explicitly justifying my vote, sorry yall can't read

I literally did not know idle meant aa

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

NGO cannot stop talking about me lol

His reads of dancer and dbd are based on whether they find me scummy and he points out that somber should fix the formatting for their vote LOL wtf

What’s lol wtf about that

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jonathan Fisk posted:

he's going through extreme effort to post a lot of words that amount to nothing and that's scum 101

Not even going to attempt reading my cases?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I’m happy to vote either b- or NGO today.

Not sure if this jump in by Kash is town motivated or scum motivated.

AA, you should really try to look at some other people, as everyone has asked! We all know you are convinced you have caught me as scum, and you’ve presented your case. Now who else is on the scum team? How have your reads changed since day began, other than you becoming more convinced I am scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somber coming in mostly to chastise people for bad voting and then vanishing without contributing any content also does not look great to me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

What’s lol wtf about that

tbh it actually makes me think that you're town. i cant imagine scum trying to convince other people to vote a town player like you have been doing this game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Not even going to attempt reading my cases?

not on your life will i read those posts more than a brief gaze

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

tbh it actually makes me think that you're town. i cant imagine scum trying to convince other people to vote a town player like you have been doing this game.

What is this in reference to?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Can't shake it. Don't have a great case on it, but all of these cases fuckin' suck. The most interesting thing was the Fisk n0 cop thingy but even that is just speculation. Still think AA and Quid are townies going at each other.

I don’t like this from you , DBD. It’s one thing to have a gut read be what drives your case, but you’re basically dismissing all of D2 as totally useless. You have NO OTHER comments on anything that’s being discussed? Nobody’s reads jump out at you as insincere or contradictory? It’s weird you’re focusing on the inability of cases to convince rather than discussing the people who are making them.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

I’m happy to vote either b- or NGO today.

Not sure if this jump in by Kash is town motivated or scum motivated.

AA, you should really try to look at some other people, as everyone has asked! We all know you are convinced you have caught me as scum, and you’ve presented your case. Now who else is on the scum team? How have your reads changed since day began, other than you becoming more convinced I am scum?

I have made other reads. I'm going to take a page from Lumpen and start ignoring people I strongly to believe to be scum starting now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jonathan Fisk posted:

not on your life will i read those posts more than a brief gaze

I'm just going to write down everyone's names and put them on post cards mounted around an empty white room.

Then I'll live stream me flinging poo poo around the room just to see where it sticks, and voila! Scum found.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

quit stealing my moves

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

Somber coming in mostly to chastise people for bad voting and then vanishing without contributing any content also does not look great to me

I know i just took a stance about responding to scum reads, but this is literally one of the only things of worth you've put forth in terms of your own thoughts and not just picking at others.

Could be bussing because I do in fact believe somber is scum, but let's see you walk this line and I'll leave your case be for the time being.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (2): Anomalous Amalgam, DGK2000, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Anomalous Amalgam, DGK2000, Kashuno, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Quidthulhu (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Jonathan Fisk (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (1): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Deadbeat Dad
Kashuno (1): DGK2000
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Jonathan Fisk
DGK2000 (1): Kashuno, b-minus1, Kashuno

Not Voting (3): Dancer, flerp, Somberbrero

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2018 at 2 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 48 minutes.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I will almost assuredly not be online on Saturday afternoon for deadline

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I will almost assuredly not be online on Saturday afternoon for deadline

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
we should treat tonight as deadline imho

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Disagree

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

why

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I mean if it works for everyone else no need to change it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

its my birthday and im gonna watch my school lose in the ncaa tournament tonight. no time for mafia

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

UMD women’s basketball ftw

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

gently caress Rommel’s go terps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

its my birthday and im gonna watch my school lose in the ncaa tournament tonight. no time for mafia

happy birthday

• Locked thread