Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Quincy sucks. I'd like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dead Cow posted:

that's so anti town

that's a weird reaction to a joke ##vote dead cow

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dead Cow posted:

We haven't seen each other in years and this is how you greet me?

the last time we played together it was you making GBS threads the bed in Chili's writer's block game >:l

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hi dancer how many games have you played before?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dead Cow posted:

Let's turbo Quid before he confirms

##vote Quid

IF he confirms 8-)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm getting weird gut feels for dbd as I reread the thread in line at the bank but nothing concrete. I'll take a run at it tonight.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah dbd going back i don't see anything real. usually this is the part of the game where i latch onto something inconsequential in order to drive the game forward but i don't got anything.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
binus i feel like maybe i was a dick to you previously, what game were that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey, sorry. That deadline was rough for me. I probably wouldn't have changed my vote though! Boo Quid. Boo Fisk.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

I guess I could break the tie by voting dead cow. My flerp vote is useless

Hmmm decisions

this was sorta a weird thing to say huh?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
AA i like your play in general, seems like you're trying to get things going, but you voted for Quid when no one else was, close to deadline. Then you go through Quid's post history and come out pretty lukewarm on him? I don't get it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think Quid currently looks pretty bad. My rating system is something that I'm coming up with on the fly as I actively try to redefine my own meta, and speech in games. I think I'm going to try to change up how I post in every game from now on.

But more relevant to this game specifically: A 2.5 is p. bad, it's on a scale of like 0-4.

I have nothing concrete, and day 1 so in general scores will probably be middling to negligible, but I don't like their play so far and will probably carry my vote on them into the next day.

I appreciate that you're going through people with a more objective approach, but it feels like this method isn't really going to convince anyone of anything. i mean i didn't even know what a 2.5 meant out of context, also why does your scale only go to 4? it seems like content for content's sake.

flerp posted:

i mean he isnt wrong in that nobody was going to switch their vote onto me

im not sure if i believe bminus genuinely believes im scum since he doesnt seem to be interested in trying to convince anybody that im scum :v:

it feels weird because DC was pushing you too and yeah, he didn't seem like he was making a strong case.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
AA how an argument is presented is just as important as the argument itself. You can't pretend that assigning numbers has any actual meaning when you just arbitrarily shift them based on personal preference. Like you're assigning objective value to the subjective to begin with, but then you're not even sticking with that.

You call me out for my binus callout and then also he's your top scum contender? can you see how that feels contradictory? I appreciate that you're getting your thoughts out there and generating content, but your thoughts should be organized towards 'hey this is person is scum, here's why, now let's kill them.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AA do me more.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey could we get this in the op?

going back and reading now

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

A n0 cop is mostly preposterous, esp. As this is probably a mostly traditional mafia setup.

Quid and Bee man pushing this angle is weird to me.

this implies greater setup knowledge than what is presently available to the thread, i.e. scum. we have two flips, how can you infer that this is a traditional setup?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i believe binus to be scum, possibly with flerp.

b-minus1 posted:

If someone has to die I’ll fall on the sword but everyone should take a close look at Fisk, somber and flerp tomorrow

at this juncture binus has not even mentioned Fisk and only had a brief, friendly exchange with me. binus has however, voted flerp with no context or thought.

b-minus1 posted:

im gonna out my scum partners bc we dont have a good team

b-minus1 posted:

##vote flerp

b-minus1 posted:

because your e scum

the bit about accepting your death but asking people to investigate xyz tomorrow is a classic scum play. town who are close to death actually fight it, scum use this is an opportunity to try and set up their teammates for the long haul. at this point there is zero external motivation for any suspicion of flerp, Fisk, or myself.

b-minus1 posted:

I guess I could break the tie by voting dead cow. My flerp vote is useless

Hmmm decisions

binus makes a big show of moving his flerp vote. why? because he's nervous about appearing inconsistent.

with the above dgk vote out of nowhere, i feel confident in my vote here. [b]##vote b-minus[/b[

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
rereading flerp there's not much there v0v

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

NGO dgk sombrer is the scumteam

I made a case against you therefore I am scum, sure, but you never explained your dgk vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
AA is a huge dumbass but probably town. If there's a Kashuno case I'm not aware of it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Let's us hang onto your every word as you lead us to victory you brilliant genius.

Tell us, who is scum and you know use that grade A case work to tell us why.

I'll wait.

i made a case. i put my vote down and everything.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

flerp posted:

ok heres some reads because i felt self conscious while eating my dinner

bminus is kind of just throwing things out and altho he keeps saying people r scum he never really tries to like case anybody or convince anybody that people are scum. i want to give bee man the benefit of the doubt for always rolling scum, but idk, he just doesnt seem invested and i guess id expect him to be a lot more, idk, happy to be finally be town? probably scum but i dont want him to be scum :( . i imagine im going to have to vote him, as he might be the best vote today.

fisk and kash are here i guess. no reads on them because they arent posting (:ironicat:). so is dgk, kind of weird they swapped in and were so quiet, but idk maybe reading into things too much? oh hey dgk is back hi dgk :)

a lil bit of me is going :tinfoil: that AA and quid are scumbuds busing each other. i kno quid making a lot of effort posts isnt exactly a town tell for him, last game i was in with AA was in as town (ok, well there was westworld but i died and stopped paying attention, but im talking about ff7 mafs) that i remember he was a bit inactive, but maybe he's trying to be active in this game and i dont want to be a jerk where im like "ah youre posting now when you weren't posting earlier so now youre a baddy." id have to review their posts more but im trying to enjoy my dinner rn. i can def see this possibility, but im a lil wary about voting out AA and quid who are actually giving out content vs like fisk or kash or me or bee movie who arent doing a whole lot.

ngo i will forever have no opinion on because i have no idea what they are doing or if they are town or scum. we kill them if we want because i dont know how im actually supposed to case ngo not gonna lie.

somb and dbd havent posted a lot but give me overall good vibes.

maybe it's you bussing your teammate or maybe also i'm wrong but i agree with most of these words. the stuff about AA and quid bussing each other actually really makes sense for me because otherwise i don't know how AA can justify his vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

Lol @ calling aa a dumbass at least he’s putting effort into the game
Aa I hope you’re not scum

Would vote sombrero if I wasn’t voting dgk already

you can put a lot of effort into jerking off but don't expect me to give you a medal for it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Somber coming in mostly to chastise people for bad voting and then vanishing without contributing any content also does not look great to me

wha I made a case and everything. also I need to fix my vote.

I wanna play more I'm just busy v0v ##vote binus I'll try to get some more play in today, my schedule is just jam packed with stuff that sucks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I read AA's case on Quid and it seems like he's at least convinced himself that he's correct, but he keeps making these huge leaps where he assigns motivation in the strangest way. A lot of the arguments he's making could be applied to town play just as easily. For example, AA suggests that I am scum because I am discrediting his casework. I'm playing on mobile so I don't remember the exact wording, which I am sure will be worth at least +.75 SR. Why does my disagreement inform alignment? I don't think AA gets that a player being 'wrong' is different from them being scum so I fundamentally disagree with the entire foundation of that case and calling Quid 'a known liar' over it is ludicrous.

That said, just because he's wrong doesn't mean he's scum. In fact I'm pretty sure in my heart of hearts that he's town given what a massive headache he has given me. Sticking with binus, will keep an eye on florp.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
binus i do actually feel real bad voting you after whatever happened last game but also i have no clue why i'm on your scum list other than because i voted you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i reread ngo and i have a strong town read. i agree with most of what they are saying and i like how it's presented.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

What?? Where?

Right here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wow. This is a lot to dig into.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote NGO

Here right after the scum kill resolves, immediately pushing for me with what was clearly a setup kill. Scum 101.

and you're here at essentially the same time, yes?

i don't care for nightkill wifom as a general rule but something is bugging me about AA dying. I assumed Hal was a lurker kill because I don't know why else he'd die, so it's weird that AA was definitely not a lurker. Quid's right that this does look like a setup kill, but he also said there's zero motivation to killing AA if they're both town. assuming the scum are playing to win it just doesn't make any sense.

so there's the rub for me. Yes, maybe it is Quid being framed, but if you want Quid dunked, it's just more efficient to leave AA alive because it's a vote that has already been vehemently spoken for. It seems to me like Quid is scum and deliberately baiting this argument giving him ready he was to dig into it. The way he's playing there are no downsides, it's just a risky but smart play if he's scum. It just makes more sense. My vote isn't spoken for just yet but, yeah I think Quid is scum. Looking back a little bit, his explosion at AA is totally manufactured. I know that Quid is very emotional and prone to melting down but this:

With meta on NGO as a lurker being useless apparently, I have to take their in thread activity at face value and I agree it does look decent.

It makes me wary that they are active and making effort when they did gently caress all in anime highschool, but from the context of this thread alone they don't look terrible.

As much as it pains me to admit. I tried to make a big case about somber as scum, and I think they're just kind of a butthead.

Still feel ways about quid, and it's not just some tunneling nonsense.

Content fabrication.
Weird speculative game ideas.
Less making cases and more picking at others.

I think testing B- isn't a bad idea. I love bee man and was just scum with him, and his play looks bad this game.

Fisk and Kash seem suspicious.

does not merit this:

Quidthulhu posted:

This is frustrating the heck out of me.

1. I haven't fabricated content, beyond the literal time I said "I am going to show you how your case is flawed by arbitrarily assigning your statements to your own posts." If you're going to accuse me of faking content beyond that SINGLE time I publicly acknowledged, back it up with quotes and a breakdown. If that's all you're referring to, be clearer, dude, because a statement like "Quid is faking content" multiple times sends me diving into where you've even cased me. You haven't, though, so do you just mean the one time? Or are you actually trying to say I'm consistently faking content? I don't know! You bringing this up TWICE now as if it's happening consistently on my part is really frustrating when I am one of the few people working very hard to see people in a content light game.

2. Speaking of, do you see how many people are coming in and going "these cases all suck, there's so little content to dig through, I don't really have a lot of hard opinions because everyone's being kinda crappy?" You continuing to refuse to do anything but shout about how I'm scum is contributing to that! As a result, the game IS content light! Have you considered I'm perhaps poking people to ask them to drop opinions in thread because MOST OF THE GAME is going "I don't really have a lot to say, AA and Quid both look town / dumb / maybe one of them is scum, maybe not? But there's not much else going on." That leaves a lack of content to analyze. It's WHY I'm asking people to put down hard opinions, clarify their statements, give a record of their opinions through lists and whatnot. Again, your coming in and going "look at this obvious town play from Quid"

I and Dancer have both asked you to let go of me for a moment and take the same hardline analysis eye you are reserving ONLY for me and do some deep digging into other things that have happened and other things people have said. Even if I am scum, I'm not loving alone on the scumteam, dude. Go hard case someone else, PLEASE. It will help the game.

This is the type of poo poo that makes me ragequit because it's LITERALLY NOT A MAFIA GAME if nobody is analyzing content and making cases and talking to each other. This mafia hubris bullshit of "I made a read on D1 that is infallible" is something I'm actively trying not to get swept up in myself, but I'm sitting here asking people a million questions to try to get folks to play and everyone is either giving me flack for it cause "That's scummy" or shrugging and going "meh." Are we here to find scum or what???

Quidthulhu posted:

Like, I'm harping on this point so hard AA because I BELIEVE YOU ARE TOWN. I want you to stop getting SO STUCK on me and do some more digging into people who there's a chance they are scum! I know I'm not scum, I have my role PM! Clearly you think I'm lying, and that's cool and all, but WE GET IT. Do you REALLY need to continue to prove your case on me? How does that help town, even if you're right?

it's super duper fake in retrospect.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

So looking at those, on D1 we have:

On DC: Somber, Kash, DBD, b-minus (town), flerp, Dancer
on B-: DGK, Hal (town) Never, DC (town)
On Me: AA (town)

JFisk and I not voting. No other votes anywhere.

And on D2:

On B-: Kash, NGO, DBD, Somber, AA (town), DGK
NGO: Me
AA (town): JFisk
DGK: B- (town)

And Dancer and Flerp not voting.

The two mis-dunks being driven by basically the same people in Somber, Kash, and DBD is not making me feel great.

if you're going to predicate an argument on a votecount analysis it is highly convenient to neglect to mention that you did not vote day one and made a useless vote day two. for talking about people not contributing, where it counts you have done absolutely nothing of note. two misdunks is not only reasonable, it is statistically likely. you're not an idiot so i know that you know this already, which means you're making an intentionally dishonest argument. while we're pointing out bullshit,

Quidthulhu posted:

HIS ONLY CASE is on B-. I actually don't even really understand this case? It looks good not knowing B- is town, but with his flip, it kinda makes zero sense to me?? I'm having a hard time putting my finger on why tho.

He presents a null read on flerp, calls AA town but then backs off of that after flerp posts about bussing to say he can't see a town reason for AA to vote me, and insists twice that "he made a case" on B- which, as we see above, is not a great case. He also rereads AA's case and goes back to "yeah AA is town." Also has a strong town read on NGO which I don't really get.

So far, Somber is looking really good as potential scum. Just enough content and apologies to get by D1, flipflopping, bad casework, sideline discussion to generate posts....not liking his content at all.

boy howdy i bet the case looks bad with the benefit of hindsight! if it didn't make sense you should have argued that yesterday. if you think it's a flawed case then you could actually take the time to break it down rather than saying 'hey it sucks and so does somber,' yeah? if you think there is something dishonest in the case then that's what should be the meat of your argument here. Instead the crux seems to be 'because binus flipped town.'

i'ma keep going but ##vote Quidthulhu because it's obvious at this point. i think the reason i didn't see it before is because you're playing into your meta super well, so congratulations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also, hey, my read on flerp was absolutely not neutral. i was heavily leaning scum. i think i still am.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i feel like every nevergirls case is 'just look at 'em!!!' I did look at 'em and I don't see it. Give me something else to work with. It seems pretty clear that if NGO is scum, they're not partners with Quid so that's probably coloring my view a bit.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
for once i don't intend to be rude when saying that dancer's biggish post doesn't say much. it's mostly just me-tooing without a lot of original thought? i feel like i've already responded to him in addressing quid.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey Quid, what faction is most often dunked day one?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Hey Somber, it's D3, what does that have to do with anything?

Well you made it a point in your case, see.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh come on. You're playing semantics.

Quidthulhu posted:

So looking at those, on D1 we have:

On DC: Somber, Kash, DBD, b-minus (town), flerp, Dancer
on B-: DGK, Hal (town) Never, DC (town)
On Me: AA (town)

JFisk and I not voting. No other votes anywhere.

And on D2:

On B-: Kash, NGO, DBD, Somber, AA (town), DGK
NGO: Me
AA (town): JFisk
DGK: B- (town)

And Dancer and Flerp not voting.

The two mis-dunks being driven by basically the same people in Somber, Kash, and DBD is not making me feel great.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I DID bring up the fact that I didn't vote day 1; it's in my initial analysis of the votes, actually.

I pointed out who was on both misdunks, and yet you are trying to frame this as "You've been totally useless." In what, dunking town members? Yeah, sorry about that.

To characterize me as being "low content" in this game is totally untrue.

This is the most obvious and blatant attempt at undercutting my integrity at the point where you feel it is necessary to do so cause you're close to winning. Your entire post is fake af. ##vote Somber

Just to circle back here, I never said 'you've been totally useless,' despite your quotation marks there. And here again you're trying to discredit me by pointing out that I was on both misdunks, but when I try to address this you pretend like you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Loving the quotations again, but I never called you "low content." That's completely fake.

Quidthulhu posted:

And furthermore, your posts have a really mean undercurrent that belies the fact that you, at this point, have definitely played your hand in rolling scum and seem to be falling back on that. Respond to my points instead of insulting me and telling me I haven't played at all this game. That's a load of crap, lol.

Mean = Scum? You certainly didn't have a problem with me calling AA a huge dumbass the other day. And gosh again again again I never said you haven't 'played at all this game,' I said, exactly, 'where it counts you've done absolutely nothing of note.' Because you haven't. You can't call out my voting record if you're not willing to admit that you've never been on a meaningful vote. You may not like my binus case now that he's flipped town but it actually drove votes while you sat alone on NGO day two and did nothing day one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

But that's not a case. That's a set of data points I quoted, cleaned up, and attached flips to for a clear look, which, after examining, made me say "three people on the same town misdunks could be weird, so I'm gonna start my reread here and see where it takes me."

So I guess you're going to keep arguing that it's not something you really meant rather than taking responsibility for it?

Quidthulhu posted:

My case came after, and has very little to do with your end votes on D1 and D2 and everything to do with your actions and casework in the game, which I have found to be really lacking. You are now coming in and pushing this narrative of me faking a bunch of poo poo and a lot of the stuff you're saying I'm doing is just patently false. Like this exchange we're having right now.

You fabricated quotes from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Which is where...voting? My entire post history is negated by the fact that I was not on the...two town misdunks? I don't even understand what you're saying here. This is a hugely dismissive statement of the person who is at this point the top poster in thread and it's a blatant mischaracterization of myplay.

if only postcount was somehow equivalent to scumhunting. you don't get to talk a big game about what an important and influential poster you are when, again, your vote record shows to the contrary.

Quidthulhu posted:

I think this zero to 100 namecalling and undercutting of my character is much more indicative of faked anger than my frustration at AA, who had literally been tunnelvisioned on me for two game days. And speaking of mischaracterzations, YOU fail to mention that fact when you bring up that my frustration feels faked. Are you forgetting the majority of the game was me and AA arguing at each other? This argument makes no sense, dude.

you're just diverting from the actual point again to muddle the issue. if you are town then i'm sorry i called you an idiot, but you're not, so... v0v I know you and AA argued a lot but it your reaction still makes no sense. "I feel ways about Quid" hardly merits the angry diatribe you posted.

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, it does look bad in hindsight. That's why the game is literally built on public actions. This, again, is super ridiculous. I didn't mention it yesterday because the gamestate was different, I was looking at different things, and I was waiting for you to step it up and start playing more, which you had promised to do. I expressed my suspicions that you weren't on D2:

holy poo poo dude, you're trying to argue that my case was bad because binus flipped town, nothing else. you have not been able to express a single issue as to WHY the case was bad, only that because binus flipped town it suddenly looks suspect. You said yourself the gamestate was different, why do I not get the benefit of that but you do? Your excuse that you were waiting for me to do more before you responded to my case is strange and doesn't make any sense.

Quidthulhu posted:

Your case is Not Good, and looks Pretty Faked.

It's not a case, it's a series of data points I'm analyzing that lead towards a conclusion.

• Locked thread