Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I like Goodsmead and I like merk, sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress all y’all ##vote Quid

Quidthulhu posted:

gently caress all y’all ##vote Quid

Third vote, clearly scum

##vote Quid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

A BLOO BLOO BLOO BLOO RAGE QUIT

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ok, got that out of my system

##unvote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE BODEGA DBD

Lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

DGK is twice the poster Lumpen is

Did the Discord join channel code become sentient and take over your brain???

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Dead Cow posted:

Why do you need to fake claim already?

##vote Jonathan Fisk

Lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote b-

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

For real though I think we should dunk b-, purely because if he rolled scum again and legitimately went “WELL HAVENT DONE THIS GAMBIT BEFORE MIGHT AS WELL TRY IT” it would be hella funny if that didn’t even work for him

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh I’ve been there friend

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh poo poo that is an early deadline lol

##unvote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal's third vote on b-minus felt off to me but that may just be Hal always feeling off to me :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

i just watched lumpen play an incredible town game by controlling the discussion every single day. i wonder why hes not posting in this game.... :thunk:

I don't hate this as a case but I also feel like it's maybe premature to jump here on D1 when Westworld juuuusttt ended

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

oh yeah lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

I'm getting weird gut feels for dbd as I reread the thread in line at the bank but nothing concrete. I'll take a run at it tonight.

Somber are you here can you expand

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh you did lolol

Somberbrero posted:

yeah dbd going back i don't see anything real. usually this is the part of the game where i latch onto something inconsequential in order to drive the game forward but i don't got anything.

Man I am not on top of my game this morning

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think Dead Cow might have rolled scum.

Calls me out for a serious vote on dancer (who probably also rolled scum).

New or not, Dancer was acting a bit weird with that self-conscious unvote.

I think DC looks worse for it.

##vote DC

I want AA to expand on this because it's the only vote that seems to have any legs / might have merit but idgi? I feel like we're all just shrugging toward a dunk since the deadline is so early and nobody noticed to start playing actual mafia :v:

AA are you heeere

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It seems a bit odd to me that other stuff has happened in thread and DC's still your strongest gut-read. Nothing else? How do you feel about b- and myself being terrible at reading comprehension?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

i dont like this post because i dont get why you care what AA thinks of me. you dont know my role/aligrnement and i dont know yours. let me defendmyself

I don't care that a player in this game went from 0 to 100 on someone who became the vote leader, and who has now flipped town, and yet was looking at two people doing essentially the same thing and:

1. had no opinion on their fuckups
2. then zero'd in totally on one of them, based on his asking "why don't you think both of us are also scummy" to which he replied "lol scum"

Like, I don't think AA is scum rn, just wrong, but why wouldn't that be a reasonable thing to ask? :confused:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't care that a player in this game went from 0 to 100 on someone who became the vote leader, and who has now flipped town, and yet was looking at two people doing essentially the same thing and:

1. had no opinion on their fuckups
2. then zero'd in totally on one of them, based on his asking "why don't you think both of us are also scummy" to which he replied "lol scum"

Like, I don't think AA is scum rn, just wrong, but why wouldn't that be a reasonable thing to ask? :confused:

This is a poorly worded post and I don't want to ninja it 8000 times lol

What I mean is:

1. AA said "Dead Cow's light amount of content looks faked"
2. B- and I both missed that DGK had replaced Lumpen. That traditionally can be because scum aren't paying attention and are faking content
3. AA had no real opinion on us loving up in that manner, didn't see it as scum motivated. But they're...kinda the same thign?

It's reasonable for me to ask AA why there was the discrepancy. It forces him to explain himself and back up his opinion on Dead Cow, B-, and myself. That's standard mafia. What in this questioning is anti-town on my part, exactly?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also AA"s casework on me is really bad because everything he's posting is a stretch read and it misses a key potentiality: That I was teaching today and have checked the forums very little beyond me trying to engage with the thread in the morning, taking a shower, seeing the deadline had moved, going in to work with the intention of engaging more, and then forgetting.

Half of the things he has said about me I can attach to his own posts:

PLAYER: AA
SCUM RATING: 0
TOWN RATING: 0

##vote Dancer

Trying to hard to fit in with us hard working locals.

Smells like privilege.

NULL. Obv. Joke Phase Post.

Trying to impersonate a true blue American with that fake action.

Tell me more, Rommel
Suspicious Joke Phase Post. Upon several rereads, I've assigned it +0.5 S.R.

What is there to expand on really? Mostly a gut feel about DC's call-out. Feels forced. I think that's worse than Dancer's play.

AA's response to this not only comes across as disingenuous, but uninvolved.
+1 S.R.

Obviously as I go on it turns into more and more stretching casing on my part as well. With such a light content day, I think it's...weird to be hard casing everyone and microanalyzing everything they say?

Like, I get that he's super excited and he thinks he's caught scum, but the case is Not Good. Sorry AA.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And to be clear, I think that this IS probably AA's town game, because he historically goes hard on people in odd ways and gets dunked D1 because of it. But I am worrying that since he is leading the charge here and so very clearly wrong about me that you combine that with an incredibly apathetic D1 and we're gonna be down a shitton of town going into D3 simply because scum will be content to sit back and let him lead a group of town who are content to shrug and go "sounds good I guess."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That sentence was more of a run-on than I initially intended.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

PLAYER: NevergirlsOFFICIAL
TOWN RATING: 0.5
SCUM RATING: 1.0

No deep investigation required. I have meta reasons to believe you are more of a lurking/self-admitted lazy mafia player.

That lends to your 0.5 T.R.

I can only fault you on relying on the B- meta case, and not putting anything else forward or making any effort.

You're more null-leaning suspicious at this point, but low on the radar because this is familiar play from you.

See Pera's/Podima's Anime School Girl 3 Part Mafia for reference.

I was scum pushing you as scum for being a lazy lurker, but I don't want to rely on that meta as a pass for you.

So while I expect it, I'll be looking more for what you do put forward in terms of "content".

This is also bad because the last time I played with NEVERGIrls he lurked as scum and offered zero content! I don't see how you're basically null on him when this is his post history: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851057&userid=53507

Popping in after dunk to chastise the town for a misflip when he was sitting on what amounted to a joke vote on B- and then engaged very little with what was being discussed at all is a giant red flag. How is that not even mentioned in your analysis, AA?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My defense was less about helping you out and more about gauging AA's reaction.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I get what you're trying to do, and honestly I like it, but in your mocking critique you've played yourself.

If you're going to use my own casing against me, at least have it make sense.

The post you cite in no way is disingenuous or uninvolved. I made a case, you asked about it, I responded to you.

I think cynical mockery as a means of discrediting a player's work is a good tactic as scum, one I definitely try to employ as scum, but like you are doing now, when I make the attempts, it just looks silly.

Quote this stretching, and explain how it is stretching.

Of course it isn't; that was the point. I hadn't even read your cases on me, I went "this is probably not a really good way to case people" and then quoted you, tossed it in a word document, looked at your post history, and then matched quotes to your statements about me to make it work. It is 100% faked. Which means it's not a good system to use for you to prove your towniness to us, as it is, as Somber said, pretty arbitrary and based on personal opinion and frankly a lot of Meta connections rather than interactions in thread and reads about people here.

Like I'm not trying to be a dick and I think you, as scum, would not be doing what you are doing right now, but I don't want people to just go "AA's SOLVED THE GAME" and have us limp to a scum sweep.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I will say, if what you are saying is true about NGO, then they are always lurking, and lurking is null to their alignment rating overall.

That would push them higher on the scum chart, but last time I played with them they were lurking, apathetic town and I spent several game days trying to get the killed, but this was detrimental to me overall.

Again, I think you're relying far too much on purely meta reasons for your stuff right now. People change up their meta all the time. Meta can be helpful in the larger context of a ton of content in a game, but right now it's like...all your reads are. I just don't think this is helpful case work, and since I DO think you're town, I want you to be awesome with us!!

In full disclosure I am still catching up with the thread and I'm seeing Somber has said essentially the same thing, and I probably wouldn't have made such a big deal about pointing out how unhelpful this is if I had seen that first. I just saw you going hard for me end of day and then casing me with a rating system using really bad reasons and I went into Quidnose Defense Mode as per euge.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here are my "what I think about the thread having not really reread a ton" thoughts:

Anomalous Amalgam – earnestly casing people and really wants to find scum; doesn’t seem like scumplay.
b-minus1 – 50/50. He seems to be wanting to engage with people and have them understand him, but a lot of D1 was sort of defeatist. This is probably a dumb reason but B-, why aren’t you more excited about being town and surviving D1? You HAVE rolled scum a ton lately, and you were potentially being dunked and managed to get out of it. You still seem pretty defeatist in tone? What’s up?
Dancer
Deadbeat Dad – Some of his reads felt a little off to me but I am chalking that up to him being rusty / needing to adjust to where people are in their posting styles than it is him being scum.
DGK2000 – no idea. Has he posted?
Flerp – need to read more, I like that he’s here-ish. I think I actually have gotten pretty good at reading flerp so I’m gonna dig more into that
Hal Incandenza – I will always be suspicious of Hal, so, my opinion here is probably not helpful.
Jonathan Fisk – need to read more.
Kashuno – has he posted any content? Whoever said “Kashuno is hardcore lurking and that’s scummy for him” might be right here.
NevergirlsOFFICIAL – also think this looks potentially like his scum game, his content is non-existent essentially.
Quidthulhu – it’s me I’m the town
Somberbrero – Somber is probably my strongest town read right now, but that may be because I basically have agreed with everything he’s said. I hope you’ll have more time to post tomorrow bud.

Now I'ma read the thread.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'd like to talk to you for a moment about phrasing.

I've bolded the bits where you exaggerate or demonstrate a lack of town-oriented behavior, because it would take too long to and probably only come out cumbersome to explain in full why you are just wrong, and bad here.

Instead, I'll shortly address the bolded bits in a few words.

1. A willingness to ignore content and discussion
2. A direct misinterpretation of what the ratings are about. It's not about me, it's about you and anyone else assessed, quite obviously.
3. This is just mostly false and outright foolish. Most everything I've posted is based on the context of what has been created in this thread alone. Meta has only come into play to add or detract from a player's rating in a very marginal way. I've tried to keep my assessments in line with objectively scummy behavior: Contradictions, Bad Votes, Lack of Conviction, Unwarranted Conviction, etc.

I couldn't do 3 in a few words, because your point there was just that bad.

I'd like to talk to you a little bit about intent as town.

Why would I come out and put on a big dog and pony show telling you, in a nuanced fashion and with complete transparency, about exactly what I was thinking and doing? Why would I announce to the thread that I was faking content, period, rather than just trying to talk my way out of it? I haven't read your ratings beyond your initial post on me, because I looked at your conclusion on me, combined it with your initial casework on me and a few posts from your rating system, and went "this...doesn't seem like the best way to be doing this, especially since his assumptions about me are totally wrong." The follow up thought to that was "man, if he's going to do this for everyone and this town is that lazy, we're in trouble."

At which point I went "I wonder if I could make AA's own case on me work with the statements he's made over D1" and then set to work at seeing if that was the case, to prove my point.

I agree it's not great town play because it literally requires me faking cases, but I'm being transparent about that. Someone waaaaaay back in the day cased himself in order to show how wrong I was, saying "See, if you wanted to call me out for being scum, you SHOULD be making these three points." He and I were both town in that instance too.

I am still catching up on your stuff and will read more of your ratings but your read on me is wrong, and your read on Never was based on Meta that completely ignored his content in thread, of which there is none. You should be looking at content. That's two examples of you being real off base. Yes, maybe your case on me wasn't totally based on meta, but your Nevergirls case was, and it was also a real bad conclusion.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm talking about YOUR reasons for essentially labeling NGO as a Null Read. You literally open your case on him by saying "well this isn't gonna be hard because I know your meta."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean what you're essentially asking right now AA about everyone you've rated is "Can I case this person successfully as scum?" and that's the problem. That's what scum do to fake cases. I also do this a lot and it's why my casework is bad a lot :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Just because it opened that way doesn't mean I don't call them out for behavior in thread. Quit ignoring that. Every meta call out has little impact on the overall assessment.

It's there for everyone to read as well so it seems weird to keep relying on, "AA is making meta arguments!" as a means of discrediting what I'm saying, when the in thread argument is usually a line of text away in the same cases you're calling out.

If you open your analysis with "this is a waste of time because I've already got your number" I'm not gonna take much stock in what you say afterwards. I'd like to talk to you about messaging :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Flerp has a lot less content than I thought. His last post about B- is good. It is not good that that is his last post in thread, period, because it screams "I am going to followup on B-," and that's a bad lack of followthrough when discussing a dunk candidate.

Upgrading flerp to "susp"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh, hi flerp. Can you give some more thoughts?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm not too proud of my vote/just general content so far but it's been a hard game to really get any reads.

DC was not the best vote and probably wouldn't have been my final vote if I was to stay around at deadline, but whatever. I kinda take back what I said about b-minus and his style being so different though. While I don't agree with a statistical percent sort of lynch, I could see him getting scum for the however many time and then being like gently caress it I'm just going to post really differently and see what happens.

DBD while I totally agree with you that D1 was really hard to read content-wise, this post kinda skeeves me out because it feels like you're also walking back YOUR OWN content from D1. I have no idea what your opinion is on anything at this point other than "That town dunk sure was not a good call."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

DGK has zero content.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I didn't expect the deadline change, not really sorry about it

This is a bad post. The deadline change gave you MORE time. I don't understand why you would come in and make this statement, because it is one that should be attached to the deadline REMOVING time and you therefore missing that change. OR you should be saying "I didn't realize the deadline was so early, not really sorry about missing it because that's a non-standard time." This does not compute to me. Reads as someone going "gently caress I need to check in with the thread and post something so I don't look bad" and then being real sloppy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I was 100% wrong about Kashuno, he's not rapid fire posting and a lot of it is like "jfc" but I actually think he's putting down reads, albeit tersely.

I REALLY like this point:

Kashuno posted:

this poo poo is plurality and you drop off one of the vote leaders. Shameful

And while I'm still more in the "AA's town and real wrong" camp, this could be a really good way to analyze votes @ EOD, and I am going to take a look at it.

At the same time, does this statement imply that the B-/DC is a town/scum paradigm, for sure? Like, is AA jumping off of a vote leader to me a problem if Kash thinks they're both town? Does this suggest knowledge of their alignments?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

NGO = weird scummy read, Kash = weird read, b-minus I felt good about D1 but worse about since I realized he could just be posting differently and triyng new tactics as scum. I'm finishing work currently but since the vote and the last few hours there is now actual content to comb through, so I can actually read through and play my game. I'll be pretty active tonight.

Cool, looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Even though I'm doing things I need to call you out again... sigh.

What about my posts is real wrong. What case specifically is real wrong? You think all of my suspicion is incorrect.

This blanket dismissal is very scummy. Ok I'm going to try to cook and clean without looking at my phone...

The case on me where you call me scum. It's real wrong, and based on stretch casing about my intent. I can confirm your case is real wrong because I have my role PM.

I have read exactly zero of your other cases except NGO, and I am still maintain that you made a foregone conclusion based on meta that caused you to miss a major scummy action on NGO's part. One which I called out and which, in retrospect, made you reconsider your read.

This is entirely my reason for saying "I think your system is flawed, maybe try a different one, and everyone else, don't be swayed by it."

• Locked thread