Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

fISK MY boy

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dancer posted:

What if it's a reference to Eve? "ISK (I) M(iss) Y(ou)"? We are looking at a former member of the bourgeoisie who is now down on their luck, has not quite yet acknowledged the oppressive nature of money and capitalism, and is nostalgic about when he was on top. We have a golden opportunity to recruit a fellow potential fighter in the struggle. You should not be pushing them away.

##vote Kash

Yeah Kash, up your fukken knowledge.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Somberbrero posted:

the last time we played together it was you making GBS threads the bed in Chili's writer's block game >:l

That was a great game

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Is Dancer a newbie or Hidden Oldie, like me, Jonathan Fisk?

He played in my game, a good poster! But newer for sure.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Was it your detective game??????? I hope not

Westworld! I haven't run that yet (I was going to do it last year but ran into time/mechanics trouble so maybe this year).

But uhhh yeah Lumpen get in here and kick this poo poo into gear

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Somberbrero posted:

I'm getting weird gut feels for dbd as I reread the thread in line at the bank but nothing concrete. I'll take a run at it tonight.

I'm ready for it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE BODEGA DBD

https://www.instagram.com/bodegacatsofinstagram/?hl=en

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Somberbrero posted:

yeah dbd going back i don't see anything real. usually this is the part of the game where i latch onto something inconsequential in order to drive the game forward but i don't got anything.

Tbh that "Lumpen, do something" post was scummy in retrospect, I expected to get called out on it once I went to bed lol so that might be it.

Nobody is really doing enough right now to even be sniffed at. I'm getting a gut read on Nevergirls but that's literally it, and it's just purely gut.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Actually, ##vote DGK2000 for self-destructing in my game. :argh:

Dead Cow posted:

NGO's avatar always makes me have a gut scum read on them. Quid's always makes me have a gut town read. It's weird.

Yeah, I don't even know if it's avatar related though! Was just skimming his posts and that's all I got. I always have trouble voting for Fisk/TT cause he's a cool dude and even if he's scum I hope he'd keep me alive for a bit so I feel you.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I feel okay about Quid so far because I think he plays really different as scum. Still weird gut about Nevergirls. Also slightly with Kash, feel like he's trying too hard to fit in. You okay my boy??

I can't tell if the b- votes are serious btw. We should probably attempt some serious talk now since the deadline is coming in quick.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kashuno posted:

Binch I don’t try to fit in I lead the town to victory in every game I’m in

Lead me senpai

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kashuno posted:

Follow me then ##vote dead cow

The fact that you figured out my breadcrumb so quickly earlier makes me very intrigued by this and I'm willing to do it....

Tomorrow once I wake up and see how DC feels about these accusations thrown her way

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
poo poo, I work basically late nights and probably won't be around for the deadline, so I'm going to have to vote soon and it's not going to move once I do.

Still not understanding the bminus votes though?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote Dead Cow

I won't be around from this post until deadline, sorry I wish I could be cause I'm not even 50% sure on this vote (and I don't like b-minus as the target either), basically there are no real good cases out but I'd rather we get information from somebody and I guess DC looks a little more scummier from the presented cases. Don't think a statistical claim is a reason to vote. To be fair, b-minus hasn't really provided any content but neither has half of the game including most of my posts so yeah, this is my reasoning. Also he is posting way more nonchalantly from my game where he was just scum. Maybe he's switching it up or something but I ain't voting b-.

Would prefer Nevergirls over both of them but it's just gut and I can't be assed to make a case about a gut read right now.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Kash, you led me to hell.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm not too proud of my vote/just general content so far but it's been a hard game to really get any reads.

DC was not the best vote and probably wouldn't have been my final vote if I was to stay around at deadline, but whatever. I kinda take back what I said about b-minus and his style being so different though. While I don't agree with a statistical percent sort of lynch, I could see him getting scum for the however many time and then being like gently caress it I'm just going to post really differently and see what happens.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Quidthulhu posted:

DBD while I totally agree with you that D1 was really hard to read content-wise, this post kinda skeeves me out because it feels like you're also walking back YOUR OWN content from D1. I have no idea what your opinion is on anything at this point other than "That town dunk sure was not a good call."

NGO = weird scummy read, Kash = weird read, b-minus I felt good about D1 but worse about since I realized he could just be posting differently and triyng new tactics as scum. I'm finishing work currently but since the vote and the last few hours there is now actual content to comb through, so I can actually read through and play my game. I'll be pretty active tonight.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Things that are popping out at me: Hal kill. Either one person in scum team is experienced and knows Hal is a decent player (when he is active) and wanted him out, or they know that low post count posters don't really help the game and wanted to help us out while still eliminating town. To be fair, the deadline was pretty short and there wasn't much of anything going on, so it's hard to say that that kill was a "favor".

Quid and AA are pushing out a lot of content. I don't really necessarily agree with a lot of AA's scum point things he's doing, but I feel he wouldn't be putting in that much effort as scum. Same for Quid. I think their scum games are wildly different than however they're posting right now, so I'm okay with them at the moment. Somb is right under them.

On re-read, Somb is not right under them lol. I thought he had way more posts than he does, maybe it's his avatar that pops out to me or something. I think if one of the more experienced posters are sucm, it would be him. He's not doing anything inherently scummy, but isn't really stepping on any toes. His vote was really early and didn't really have to get his hands dirty when it came down to it.

Other than that, I still have the weird gut on NGO, apparently they play like this when they are scum? I didn't know that, but it would make sense. b-minus I keep flipping back and forth on. I think there's a good chance 2 scum are probably in the Kash/DGK/flerp/Fisk/Dancer group which are 5 people I haven't had time to read, but will get to it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

I don't understand the fisk part unless I missed something earlier

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Quidthulhu posted:

Actually, you know what

##vote JFisk

Maybe Hal DID have a N0 cop

Hm, interesting theory actually.

Why would he switch his vote to minus though?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DGK2000 posted:

Presented cases? Like 2 lines of text from AA wasn't much of a case.

Which was still more than "statistically scum" b-minus votes at the time.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Guessing if there's a n0 or not is dumb. Don't think info like that should be hidden since it basically would confirm or not confirm night actions but whatever.

Somberbrero posted:

rereading flerp there's not much there v0v

I feel like that's 5 or 6 posters here which is why I think scum are hiding in one or two of them, but it would be like throwing a dart.

Still don't really understand the AA/Quid slapfight, I got to witness both of their scum/3P plays recently and they're playing pretty differently.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

If you take away my ratings and any meta, the I raise still stand on there own.

Quid was faking content.
Quid wasn't making any cases of his own.
Has spent more time so far this game critiquing my evaluation system than actually playing.

I'm ready to vote for quid.

My issue with this is while some people have been creating good content and good opinions formed by reading other players, I think the overall "casing" has been weak. If it's been better I think I would feel myself leaning more towards a vote on somebody than I currently do, but I don't.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm convinced that b- is scum and is playing lazy because he got assigned scum AGAIN and is just lolling his way through the game because he's depressed about being scum again. I can't shake this feeling.

He sorta addressed this earlier and his response felt genuine to me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

At least a handful of us are coming out of Westwood which was a significantly role heavy game with roles unconventional to traditional mafia.

Even with power roles included, they are not likely to be anything like the Westworld roles.

Plus the size of the game, the flips we've seen and my own role.

I feel like you intentionally are misinterpreting behavior or trying to paint play as unfavorable without actually doing any real work.

You and quid are at the top of my scumspect lists with reactionary lurker Fisk in tow.

I just re-read the first Goodsmead merk ran and some of the roles were pretty wacky. But I think there were like 4-5 games after that he ran in the Goodsmead name and I haven't checked those, and the roles seem pretty normal so far, so you're prob right.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Can't shake it. Don't have a great case on it, but all of these cases fuckin' suck. The most interesting thing was the Fisk n0 cop thingy but even that is just speculation. Still think AA and Quid are townies going at each other.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kashuno posted:

dunno why anyone finds NGO to be scummy they're one of the most concrete in their reads so far.

Lol he hasn't said poo poo besides b-minus is scum, then Quid is town and then scum. You're only saying this because you think 2 of those guys are scummy too. And you weren't right about DC so that concrete is fuckin silly putty my man.

I still can't see Quid scum. b-minus is either playing wildly diff because he's scum and doing something different just to entertain himself or playing some weird rear end town game. b-minus is a decent vote rn. Not going to vote Quid or AA today.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Quidthulhu posted:

I don’t like this from you , DBD. It’s one thing to have a gut read be what drives your case, but you’re basically dismissing all of D2 as totally useless. You have NO OTHER comments on anything that’s being discussed? Nobody’s reads jump out at you as insincere or contradictory? It’s weird you’re focusing on the inability of cases to convince rather than discussing the people who are making them.

In a game with half of the posters aren't posting many ~words~ I'm seeing more people I think are town rather than people I think are scummy. And that's just how I play sometimes. I'm not going to cast a wide net and give my feelings on every single poster right now cause that will throw me off. I'm focusing on the 2-3 that rub me the wrong way and commenting on the ones I feel okay with at the moment.

I don't consider that "dismissing D2" at all.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kashuno posted:

"you weren't right about a d1 case that you just threw out there"

oh no

you caught me

I was wrong

on day one

oh no

Interesting how you took that post as "you were wrong on a D1 case" and not "I called somebody's case CONCRETE AS gently caress" bc you agree with them on your scum reads. I'm saying if this game had 2 lynches of scum already and NGO was right on them, that's concrete and I'd agree with you. Otherwise it's just your opinion.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kashuno posted:

Their reads are concrete, as in solid, as in I consider the logic used to be believable and not full of holes

Ya I meant reads not case sorry. Still applies though. My point is that it's because you agree with him but you're one of the few that thinks that way.

The weird thing is I've seen like 5-6 other people say similar things regarding NGO but won't put a vote down for it

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I feel roughly the same about b-minus and NGO right now so I'll do either. b-minus mostly for the curiosity of the style he's posting in. Best case he's scum but he's had a lot of words and cases and opinions formed around him so it would be a good information lynch.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I will accept a lynch of aa, kashuno, or somber

ayone else and you'll see what happens

By bad posting do you mean his opinions or

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

b-minus1 posted:

what exactly do you think you'll learn from my lynch? just about everyone itt finds me suspicious (not that i blame them, i havent really constructed an actual case on anyone yet)

I don't think EVERYBODY, I would prefer NGO over you but as something that's mostly a gut read, performing some large style dissecting case against him would not only be disingenuous but go against how I play as town.

Even if so (everybody finding you scummy), there's a lot to be gained from stuff like that. Even if a majority of people felt a certain way about you.

Elaborate on DGK for me. Why do you think he's scum?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Another lynch I won't be around for and I have to vote now before I leave.

##vote b-minus

NGO has a few people that just straight up find them town, and I don't think any case made could really shift the vote in that direction. I know b-minus has had 239023 people chime in on how he's kinda scummy/off, but his answer to something made me feel okay with him. Still though, there isn't enough fight in his posts nor any sort of casing to really sway me to think somebody else might be a better target so I think this has the dual benefit thing I talked about earlier, whereas the Dead Cow lynch gave very little reads from the votes she got.

Quidthulhu posted:

This is the type of poo poo that makes me ragequit because it's LITERALLY NOT A MAFIA GAME if nobody is analyzing content and making cases and talking to each other. This mafia hubris bullshit of "I made a read on D1 that is infallible" is something I'm actively trying not to get swept up in myself, but I'm sitting here asking people a million questions to try to get folks to play and everyone is either giving me flack for it cause "That's scummy" or shrugging and going "meh." Are we here to find scum or what???

People reacting specific ways to your questions or accusations is a read in itself. You're assuming that they're coming from a town POV (if you're coming from a town POV) by answering your question or acting how you want them to, and they may have reasons for not doing so. Some people feel easily threatened, and maybe for good reason.

Also there are a number of players here who are generally one liner/not really content driven mafia players so it really is hard to get a solid grip on half of the game. I know I'm struggling with it, but if I'm alive past tonight and b-minus flips either town or scum, I think it'll only get easier to get discussion where you really want it to be heading.

(on preview, this is going to be -1 to hammer so if anybody voting prior to me wants to unvote and will be around for deadline, it would be nice so an accidental early hammer doesn't happen if we want discussion)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I think it's quid

Probably you or Kash.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I literally said I can't be around for deadline. Would you rather me keep a vote on NGO who only me and you felt were scummy at the time? Be smart, Quid.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote NGO

Nothing has changed for me. Read his content and tell me you feel good about him. I appreciate that he thinks I'm town (or did) in his list, but his post history is sparse. Hard after b-minus, thinks Quid/Fisk might be scummy, made a "player review list" which I always pegged as a scum move back in the day (with like 70% accuracy but I started whiffing by trying to meta that poo poo so meh), but it's a Thing because it's an easy way for scum to provide content in one easy, simple post.

Quidthulhu posted:

That addresses a single part of my case and isn't even the most important part, which is that you've been walking back your reads the entire game. Don't like that response from you at all, DBD.

Your case was I'm not making content, when I've stated that in my posters a few times that it's hard to make reads with 5-6 posters doing one liner content and posting once every 10 hours. You're making it seem like you uncovered some secret truth re: my content this game. Your other read was that I am not 100% fully committed in my votes. The deadline time is loving awful for me and I have to lay a vote down and project who can actually get lynched 7 hours from when I vote because I don't want there to be a no lynch and have my vote being a single vote hanging on somebody that isn't going to get lynched. I am 100% willing to vote for somebody D1 or D2 I might even feel town-leaning on if the majority is deadset in their reads, especially with a vote I have to do well in advance.

DC was the better option D1 for the two that were up, and I was never against a b-minus lynch, but felt he had townie responses at times. He also didn't really fight against his accusations with any real aggression so it could've been defeated scum. And I started there is info to get from his lynch so I do want to re-read some people regarding him.

I'm still keeping my vote on NGO because nothing has changed for me. Please note Quid that he is not a scumbuddy because I unvoted him for b-minus so that my vote isn't on a unlynchable player when I won't be around for the deadline.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
At least Quid has woken me up in this game a bit, so thank you god bless.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
That should say *posts instead of posters and *stated instead of started, can't type.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Quidthulhu posted:

Do you have any other comments on the other analysis I have done, re: Somber, Kashuno? Somber's post especially is pretty long and you ignored it to jump back to NGO.

Somber is posting like Somber to me. I have a null read that leans town. And I stand by my comment D1 that there are 100% a few scum hidden in the people that are lurking/haven't/don't really post heavily wordy stuff like Kash/flerp/NGO/DGK/Fisk. (That's not to say they aren't providing content, just less to parse).

The real person I'm curious about is Dancer. Nothing has really jumped out from me just reading the natural progression of posts and reading their posts in real time, and they are providing content too. The weird thing about is that nobody seems to even have any opinions formed on Dancer. Actually, scratch that. There are opinions formed on Dancer but not enough that would ever result in casing. Kash said that Dancer isn't really providing any hard alignment reads to their content and DGK thinks Dancer is scummy. You think Dancer is town and AA also thought Dancer was his strongest town read.. so it's a bit interesting how wildly those reads are differing on one player for me and is something interesting to look at (Not necessarily on Dancer himself, but the opinions around a poster like him).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Quidthulhu posted:

What do you think about Kash? You only mention him in passing.

What do YOU think about Dancer that isn't grounded in other people's opinions? You say you're curious, give all this evidence about how it's weird other people can't get a read on him, but offer no reads yourself?

I already stated I don't like Kash too much. I didn't like how he responded to my post where he thought I was just criticizing him for being "wrong", which maybe could've been construed like that but it was obviously not the only thing I disliked. I've questioned his opinions/posting a few times already. He'd be somebody I'd vote for if I didn't feel worse about NGO.

I personally read Dancer as town, but didn't think it really needed to be stated or is of importance to you if I'm trying to process and convey that information for my own reads. My point is that usually if reads are that different on one player, it's because people are making them out to be worse/better than they actually are and for a reason. It could just be flat out differences in opinions and reads, but I think that in general people usually feel a central way about players more often than not. Like a majority feeling "okay" about somebody or feeling "iffy" or worse with a player that has reason to be suspected. But when I read what Kash and DGK have to say about Dancer I'm questioning if we're reading the same player, so it does make me pause that the opinions on him differ like that.

I read Kash as scummy, and you as town. You read Kash as town and you think Dancer is town, and think I'm scummy. Kash thinks Dancer is scummy. Weird circle we have here.

• Locked thread