Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
as lonbg as this doesnt start for another week or so im in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I want to play the dragon ball game

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
big willie style

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
How is this game not full? Wtf are people waiting for

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

ill play only if im mr satan's dog

I have a feeling you’re going to be scum this game. It’s finally happening

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
B-minus1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m scum again smh

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Cool time to wreck some scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote flerp easiest decision of my life

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Atomic Soda posted:

uh i don't think so ##vote bminus

Are you seriously defending your scumbro this early in the game lmao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

##Vote b-minus1
Not a jokevote, actual Scum.

Turn on your monitor

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

##Vote b-minus1
Not a jokevote, actual Scum.

Don’t sign your posts

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
That was susppossd to be s mafia edit

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Do not recruit me into a cult Im not interested

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
More like Role Badness

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m scum :stare:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
If “flavor is flavor” means anything like it did in the fate stay game, then the discussions are worth having imo. Juchero almost nailed me as scum within the first day of our mason chat based on flavor alone

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
This feels like 50s town game imo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

50 pounds of bread posted:

I feel the thread quieting down after I dropped that might be telling.

it does look that way.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
@mona: my townread of 50 was not based on his scumread of asiina post. it's more of a meta read. ive been on a scumteam with 50 twice, and couldnt help but notice that his post style is very different compared to his scum games

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

Oh interesting tell me more, with specifics. In what way is his post style "very different"? You've just cast yourself as an expert judge of 50's posting, so I would love to learn from you. What exactly is it that you "couldn't help but notice"? Quote it. Characterize or describe his post style as Scum that you're familiar with, and characterize it here and say why it contrasts to such a degree that you say it is very different.
:allears:

literally lollin irl. calm down

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

I am seriously asking though. You said something, and you want it to be taken as your true thoughts, so please go on and expand on what you said.

If you're Town, don't duck this, it would be bad for you and Town.

you're right. the entire game hinges on a day 1 town read of another player. lol lumpen, you need to relax.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

To be blunt: I believe b-minus1's post about 50 is strong evidence that b-minus1 is Scum, because I suspect it was a fabricated statement that he can't back up by "showing his work" with a plausible train of thought that would lead to him making the statement he did. Town have no reason to spout bullshit to call 50 Town, and so this would make b-minus1 a lying Scum.

Furthermore, the fact that this fabrication was an appeal-to-authority in service of going out of his way to clear 50 as Town would imply that 50 is also Scum.

So if b-minus1 were Town, and actually can make a good post showing the strong contrast he has professed to notice between 50 as Scum in Westworld and his "very different" post style here, he should make that post and allay my suspicion.

I don't think that post can be made, I think b-minus1 is Scum and hosed up with a very ill-considered post.
haha

or..............

when i checked the thread for the first time today i saw that 50 was one of the most active posters on the page i was reading. i read his posts and thought hmmm 50 seems pretty engaged right now, instead of just coasting early in the game like he did in the larry david game, or only posting when provoked/trying some sort of gambit like he did in westworld. maybe this is his town game. "This feels like 50s town game imo"

its hilarious that you are getting so worked up over such an innocuous read. "You've just cast yourself as an expert judge of 50's posting" lmfao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

GeneX posted:

Why on earth did you not just say "he's being really active early on instead of coasting/not engaging" when asked to elaborate?

That's a perfectly fine meta read that I have no interest whatsoever in checking, why dodge explaining it immediately?

because i was too busy laughing

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Rhjamiz posted:

Actually on reflection I might be getting ahead of myself on b-. I want to see his reply to the case against him before I decide. This could just be monumentally bad town play, if only because I cannot figure out how it would benefit him as scum to do this. I figure his reply will go one of two ways, and I'll be more sure when it does.

You guys are hilarious. I posted a town read and found lumpens case against me absolutely laughable. Here’s my reply: If youre convinced that I’m scum, then vote for me. It’s not going to hurt my feelings.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
My guess is Most of the posters yhat have been active over the last few hours are town, and scum are lurking while laughing their asses off in the scumdoc.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Atomic Soda posted:

i am very excited to hear what they are

bminus what are your thoughts on jeabus?

I just looked over his post history and I’m getting some scum vibes, especially from his early posts. “Hello I’m town” and the vote/unvotes of Mona, sal, and flerp. If jeabus is scum, it’s possible one of those votes is a scumbus.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Don’t get mad, get even

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Birdstrike posted:

I’m doing a reread and this post is weird as hell

I forgot about this post and I’m glad someone else found it odd. It’s almost as if dancer knows I’m town...

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’ll be honest: all of this android talk is going over my head. I’ve never seen s single episode of dbz.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
just reread most of the thread. here are my completely unsupported scum leans:
jeabus
dancer
tobbs
rhjamiz
sal

thanks for reading

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
yep, i did vote for flerp a few irl days ago

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

I question your dedication to Scumhunting when you say you've put in all the effort of a re-read (I doubt it) and you produce a list of supposed Scum leans (unsupported), but don't seem interested in lynching Scum to even vote any of them.

I think this is because you are a Scum.

I dont see the need to throw out a vote right now.

lumpen you need to understand that you're never going to get detailed wall of text reads from me this early in the game. i look up at the posts on this very page, and my eyes glaze over. it is the first day of a massive game, and as town i can't imagine spending that much time writing posts that will almost certainly be wrong. that i get that everyone plays the game differently, and some people legitimately enjoy crafting long, detailed posts, but thats just not how i play the game. the only thing i can offer on Day 1 are my general impressions of players, which is what i have done. i will (hopefully) prove my worth as the game goes on.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

This is fair but I got called the dumbest person in the thread for thought dumping (even if it wasn't great I was at least trying to participate) so I just sort of went back to trying to process stuff since I'm still trying to get a grip on this and didn't want to interject again while the adults were talking.

who are your top scum (or town) reads

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Monathin posted:

Since both are in the hot seat I would like to reiterate how skeptical I am on the idea that both fifty and b- are scum, with some backing evidence.

When I mistakenly suspected 50 for scum in Fate/Stay Night Mafia, fifty told me to read Larry David Mafia for some good evidence of B- and Fiddy's scum play of bussing each other (which was the suspicion at the time), what I saw was that they interacted a lot while being, outwardly, very suspicious of each other. I don't see that here.

Fiddy's content has been kind of weird and not -overall- great imo but the amount of effort being pushed into it and picking slapfights in the thread with other people strikes me more of a frustrated (and also, in my own opinion, Wrong) Town vs actual scum trying to build a fake case.

It feels much more like B- was trying to say something they knew for certain (in this scenario, that Fiddy is town) and try and phrase it like an opinion while skimming the thread. Their subsequent challenge when Lumpen called them out, with what felt like increasing hostility, makes me feel like they're caught scum who hosed up early and are (legitimately) frustrated by said slip and trying to now fly under the radar with the increasing heat on Fiddy.

I would like to vote B- today if at all possible.

shaking my loving head. man, you and lumpen are ridiculous lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
fyi i will never take anyone seriously that makes a post like this:

Lumpen posted:

Oh interesting tell me more, with specifics. In what way is his post style "very different"? You've just cast yourself as an expert judge of 50's posting, so I would love to learn from you. What exactly is it that you "couldn't help but notice"? Quote it. Characterize or describe his post style as Scum that you're familiar with, and characterize it here and say why it contrasts to such a degree that you say it is very different.
:allears:

you can call it dodging. i really don't care. responding to posts like that isnt worth my time and if thats enough for some of you to lynch me, then that's your call.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Monathin posted:

This is not the post of a townie who is trying to keep people from lunching a fellow townie. This is the post of a caught scumbo.

no, it's not. but if you're going to keep tunneling me, please just go ahead and vote me. i'd rather know ahead of time if im going to be d1 mislynched once again, so i dont have to waste any more of my time.

for those of you who aren't complete idiots, mona and lumpen are probably town, because in my experience the people who tunnel me this hard usually end up flipping town (literally every person that tunneled me in the ff7 was town, and scum just ignored my wagon and hung out in the background). that's probably what's happening here.

i don't have that many posts, and I think i've been pretty clear with my town and scum reads. hope that helps.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I forgot who had the meltdown earlier but I do wanna point out that every single player who had one in the past few games was scum.

Were the meltdowns genuine? Absolutely. But also all scum.

you're lurking pretty hard in this game. that's all you have to say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Rhjamiz posted:

To me, this is your scummiest post so far. I get being frustrated with being mislynched d1. And yeah, you've made your scum reads clear. But you've done nothing to inform anyone not onboard with them already, or unsure about your own trustworthyness. This attitude you've taken toward it is, basically, only helpful to you if you're actually scum. What you've done here is set up a sort of "Lynch me, cowards" situation where any town watching get paralyzed by this sort of WIFOM gambit where "Scum wouldn't paint a target on themselves, but wait, scum would know people would think that so it's the perfect gambit, but town would know that and lynch them anyway" endless loving rabbithole where no one watching, unless they have extensive experience with you, can reliably read you as either scum or town. Being unreadable is a Scum move.

On top of this there is a huge emotionally manipulative argument being made here where anyone who votes for you or even suspects you are loving morons, how could you be so stupid for suspecting this flippant, barely-engaged player. Again, this is a scum move trying to elicit, if not sympathy, then sow doubt about casting a vote for you in the hopes of dodging a lynch.

As such, you're the scummiest player in my mind. ##vote b-minus1

On the off chance you're actually town; if you keep getting mislynched on D1, maybe you should look at your own town play and consider if that isn't contributing to it.

wow this is a load of bs.

- i have never taken a "lynch me cowards" stance. im just tired of repeating the same thing, and if i'm going to be lynched i'd rather not put waste any more time contributing to the game.
- it is not my intent to be unreadable. i just dont take d1 as seriously as some of you do. jfc
- i'm definitely not "barely engaged". i've been contributing what i can, and for the last 12 hours ive been trying not to make myself the focus of the game by posting actual reads.
- lumpen was a loving rear end in a top hat, who called me an expert on 50 after I posted "This feels like 50s town game imo" lmao give me a loving break.

##unvote

• Locked thread