Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am asking you to catalogue how many incidents of mythological animal are in your house. This is, for example, art of a chimera. That is one chimera. If you have shoes with one unicorn on them per shoe, that is two unicorns. (One "unicorn item" but there are two unicorns there.) This does NOT include any mythological animals that you drew/sculpted/etc or use in your D&D campaigns or that live on your hard drive. It DOES include book covers.

These animals do not exist in reality, but they are still popular. Why are there so many?

I count:

- 2 dragons (not counting the symbol from Dragon Age 2)
- 11 unicorns
- 2 centaurs
- 1 giant snake
- 1 Pegasus
- 1 "sea lion" which is the mermaid lion
- 1 tantzelwurm
- 1 vampire
- 1 gargoyle

Pick fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, lessee here.... oh, right. the answer is zero, because i'm not a middle aged woman who gives tarot card readings.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

uh, lessee here.... oh, right. the answer is zero, because i'm not a middle aged woman who gives tarot card readings.

a gbs poster who doesn't have a single dragon in their house. yeah i believe that.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
A Hidebehind followed me home from the woods last week. It hasn't caused any problems yet and I've only caught glimpses of it.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

A troll
but it was a mirror

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I have the stuffed body of the chupacabra that was in that one x-files episode.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dinosaura existed

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Pick posted:

- 1 giant snake

:grin:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I have one Grey Seer.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
do bad dragon dildos count as dragons?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Pick posted:

a gbs poster who doesn't have a single dragon in their house. yeah i believe that.

I don't think I have single dragon.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Rude.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I do think I have a kraken on a bottle of rum. Is a kraken a mythological creatures?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Bananana posted:

I do think I have a kraken on a bottle of rum. Is a kraken a mythological creatures?

yes and that totally counts

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Pick posted:

I am asking you to catalogue how many incidents of mythological animal are in your house.
It's a lot. Like, a whole lot.

Pick posted:

This does NOT include any mythological animals that you drew/sculpted/etc or use in your D&D campaigns or that live on your hard drive.
I get the hard drive thing, but why the "No made it yourself" or "No D&D stuff"? Like I have a LEGO Frankenstein's Monster that I designed, with a smaller Frankenstein's Monster surrounded by speakers playing a flaming guitar riding on his back. Do they count, or no? Or is this just pre-industrial age mythology?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it was made w/ lego franenstkein pieces so it Counts

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Yeah, I gave up when I looked in the direction of the 6'x15' bookcase. Sorry.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Obsidianheart posted:

Yeah, I gave up when I looked in the direction of the 6'x15' bookcase. Sorry.

any obscurities or just 120391023 dragons

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I have a lego hearse that came with a lego dracula. I have a cerebus but she had a genetic defect at birth and only has one head and eats dog food.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I found a strategy guide for a gameboy game and on that strategy guide's cover there are pictures of a golem, two dragons (one is green and "oriental" [ppl talked like that in the passed] and the other one blue and actually might be an axolotl which unfortunately exist AND a slime.

And then I found a big book with a sarcophagus on it and became scared.

Summary: 1 Golem, 2 (or maybe 1) Dragon(s), actually I'm counting this axolotl as fictional because he is blue and in person they are pink so chalk me down for 1 blue axolotl and only 1 dragon (we can discuss this further in "pm"; don't want to clog the thread with debate), 1 slime and 1 sarcophagus.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Are we counintg COMIC book covers? Because that could take a while to get a count I have a lot of Conans

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Do pokemon count

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Supreme Allah posted:

Are we counintg COMIC book covers? Because that could take a while to get a count I have a lot of Conans

a conan is a human though right? it's a subset of human? i guess vampires sort of are too... i accept conans

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Oh what about video game covers

Pick posted:

a conan is a human though right? it's a subset of human? i guess vampires sort of are too... i accept conans

Hes human but a lot of his covers he's fighting monsters

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It was a mummy sarcophagus by the way

E: if video games count then i have one with a kirby on it. A fighter kirby.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
what about gods & devils? chinese dogs?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

My wife and I have a dragon etching done by a friend in high school, a faerie, an angel of death, and a painting she made that was going to be a fish originally but she didn't like the way it was turning out so she turned it into a sort of fetal malformed tentacle bird with hook arms and a beak.

Our neighbors have Jesus on their front door and for awhile they had one in the window. They are a constantly rotating group of young mormon men on mission. Nice enough lads, if a little shy. Also it occurs to me that this might appear to be a joke about Jesus being mythological but I didn't mean it that way, I just wanted to mention that we're not the only ones with unusual things on display. Our other neighbors had a confederate flag for awhile, thankfully they moved out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

myDad posted:

what about gods & devils? chinese dogs?

jesus: no
pagan gods: mmmm ok
devils: yes
chinese dogs: they're just dogs you racist

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

My wife and I have a dragon etching done by a friend in high school, a faerie, an angel of death, and a painting she made that was going to be a fish originally but she didn't like the way it was turning out so she turned it into a sort of fetal malformed tentacle bird with hook arms and a beak.

Our neighbors have Jesus on their front door and for awhile they had one in the window. They are a constantly rotating group of young mormon men on mission. Nice enough lads, if a little shy. Also it occurs to me that this might appear to be a joke about Jesus being mythological but I didn't mean it that way, I just wanted to mention that we're not the only ones with unusual things on display. Our other neighbors had a confederate flag for awhile, thankfully they moved out.

noble confederates and clean wermacht are mythological and also count

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dimetrodon aside, i just have a handful of pards, OP

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Pick posted:

any obscurities or just 120391023 dragons
Not a lot of dragons. maybe like 6? Mostly monsters of the humanoid variety. Vampires, ghosts, werewolves, devils, stuff like that.
Ex-goth with a super-edgelord name has a lot of monster poo poo, go figure.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

dimetrodon aside, i just have a handful of pards, OP

get your hands off your pards dude, that's gross

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Obsidianheart posted:

Not a lot of dragons. maybe like 6? Mostly monsters of the humanoid variety. Vampires, ghosts, werewolves, devils, stuff like that.
Ex-goth with a super-edgelord name has a lot of monster poo poo, go figure.

ok no book covers, otherwise we'd need obscure algorithms to capture the poppy z brite factor

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Peppa Pig

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Pick posted:

dinosaura existed

So did giant snakes. Hell, there are living snakes which are over 20 feet and the prehistoric titanoboa was over 40 feet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lolie posted:

So did giant snakes. Hell, there are living snakes which are over 20 feet and the prehistoric titanoboa was over 40 feet.

i am counting production art from disney's "aladdin" with jafar as a giant snake, truly a snake more giant than ever was. also at that point he's a wizard.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

do animated skeletons that come out of the floorboards at night and tickle my toes with their bony fingers count as mythological animals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I have one Flumo and one of these:

• Locked thread