Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Should only be firemen or emts getting a snack. Its so retarded that I wait for 60 yr old dude position his Buick just so. gently caress.

Fire dudes get a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Calm down

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
There's this lady that does it every morning at my work and I hate her so much. This annoys me more than it should probably but whatever gently caress people who do this.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Theres a whole row of people that do it at work. It makes me so loving angry waiting each morning for them. Woo look at me I drive straight out in the afternoons. This thread speaks to me on many levels op. You get it! :unsmith:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I work construction engineering and Ive been a job sites where its required people only back in

Was fine

My personal approach is to back in if its clear, if theres cars behind then eh gently caress it Ill just pull in. General preference is to back in and have easier time getting out cuz peds can be all over and visibility with c pillar changes to cars and stuff make backing up visibility poo poo

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
If your the first one to do it every else will too. People are sheep.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Other drivers on the road: Guy backing into a parking stall? Oh poo poo better give him room to get in there! Guy backing out of a parking stall? Oh gently caress that price of poo poo I'm speeding up and he'd better see me!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Burt Sexual posted:

Should only be firemen or emts getting a snack. Its so retarded that I wait for 60 yr old dude position his Buick just so. gently caress.

Fire dudes get a pass.

You are either going to wait on them to back in or wait on them to back out. What difference does it make?

Woden
May 6, 2006
People get real anxious when you're stuck behind waiting for them to park, they usually gently caress it up and the wave you on which always makes me lol.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Michigan it's 1 in 50 people. Virginia it's 50%. It's one of the first things I noticed, that everyone's parking backwards.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Back that thang up

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Gaunab posted:

Back that thang up

You're a real fine Buick won't you back that thang up

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If you work in government services, gas/oil or powergen yeah its pretty much a requirement that you back in. A lot of municipalities near chemical or nuclear plants will also have a general ordinance that vehicles should be backed in as well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm the guy that pulls through to the next parking space so it looks like I backed in like a pro.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
any time you save when leaving is negated by the fact that it took three times longer to pull in to the spot, even if you are skilled at it.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Is it OK if the car knows how to park backwards autonomously though?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
only wankers back in

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

My neighbour was amazed when I backed into my spot first try in my underground.

It's not that loving hard, with the pillar it would take me longer to pull in forwards.

Always back in.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
My company is trying to get all of us who drive company vehicles to back in 100% of the time, anywhere. Total corporate bullshit because some beam counter saw a statistic that backing had slightly fewer incidents. The manager of my local office sent out an email this week saying that he's been trying it out and its sooooo much safer because he has grandkids that he might run over if he parked head first :barf:

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Just lol if you can't effortlessly back into a space

This goes for you non-parallel parking bitches too

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

my PA just pulls me up to the front door :confused:

Feb 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
If you work in any oil field related place, it's required.

Feb 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Because if there's a loving explosion or a h2s leak you can jump in your truck and roll forward few feet before dying.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm the guy that pulls through to the next parking space so it looks like I backed in like a pro.

:same:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

whole lotta people itt who can't drive properly

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Former DILF posted:

my PA just pulls me up to the front door :confused:

Your DAD still drives you?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I back into every spot, even my driveway.

If it takes you more than 2 tries to back in though you should probably just drive in.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

when i had a car i would always back in

i was pretty mediocre at parallel parking though

however i was pretty good at the swedish flick

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Think of something more important to get pissed about op.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

whole lotta people itt who can't drive properly

Yeah. It's often easier to back in a spot? What's wrong with all of you? :confused:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

backing in is the way to roll

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

shut up blegum posted:

Yeah. It's often easier to back in a spot? What's wrong with all of you? :confused:

It's always easier due to the fact cars are front wheel steer. Only reason to go in front is if you're doing a big shop and need to get to the boot easier.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i was about to say the opposite

the parking spots i think of you back in you get easier access to the trunk/hatch/etc without putting yourself in the parking lot

doesnt matter to me though.

AWLAYS back in

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ty for another passive aggressive thread op you're really changing the world

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Krycek posted:

My company is trying to get all of us who drive company vehicles to back in 100% of the time, anywhere. Total corporate bullshit because some beam counter saw a statistic that backing had slightly fewer incidents. The manager of my local office sent out an email this week saying that he's been trying it out and its sooooo much safer because he has grandkids that he might run over if he parked head first :barf:

lol working a corporate job sounds like the dumbest poo poo

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Burt Sexual posted:

Fire dudes get a pass.

It's mandatory where I work. Which is supremely loving stupid.

And then I realized that you can handle insurance and repair appointments while on the clock if you're backing into your coworker's car coming into work instead of hitting them and having to manage that poo poo while leaving.

Now I like it.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Blast of Confetti posted:

lol working a corporate job sounds like the dumbest poo poo

Having 80% of your communications with management consist of stupid performative bullshit owns.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
I back in because my camera is facing forward, it will catch any car that crashes into it while parked.
I'll let any cars queued behind past first though.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Only reason to go in front is if you're doing a big shop and need to get to the boot easier.

Plenty of places near me a forward only parks, they don't want you blasting exhaust on pedestrians and diners but some morons still do it..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
See and here Ive been actually aspiring to be one of those people. Its been a lifelong shame that I never developed the skills to back my car into a parking space without the aid of several spotters waving signal flags. Thanks for helping me to realize those grapes were actually sour this whole time, OP.

• Locked thread