Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://www.facebook.com/BarefootIsLegal/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Sorry about your thread OP

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I mean, fair enough, there's nothing much grosser on the sole of a foot than on the sole of a shoe. Both those shoes are unprofessional. Chemtrails and people cursing out barefoot people for being barefoot never happened. Conclusion: this particular person who prefers to not wear shoes is a fuckin weirdo

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Posting in this thread while barefoot in my house.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Got shoes for outdoors indoors and bed. I might be posting while making GBS threads but I’m wearing shoes ffs

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Dear Op, I went with your advice and went barefoot. In the past hour, I have lost 7 toes due to the winter elements. Enclosed is an Invoice of all expenses incurred, toes soon to follow in future delivery.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Oops, I meant to post this in GBS. Oh well, enjoy this thread PYF

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
just because there's no law doesn't mean stores can't have their own policy against barefoot

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

N. Senada posted:

Got shoes for outdoors indoors and bed. I might be posting while making GBS threads but I’m wearing shoes ffs

im taking a poo poo at this very moment. :moonrio:

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I cant speak for other places but my workplace won't let people run around barefoot in here because it's a huge store and poo poo gets broken on the floor all the time and you never know when whoever cleaned it up might have missed a shard of glass. I once knelt down to stock something on a bottom shelf and caught a bit of glass to the knee, got a nice little bloodstain on my pants. Some shoeless jerk gets unlucky and welp. Our local no shoes guy got banned from the store over it.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
"There's no rule that says a dog can't play basketball."
"Is he wearing sneakers?"
"SHUT UP BAREFOOT IS LEGAL"

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

500 good dogs posted:

Sorry about your thread OP

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

quote:

Two species of hookworms that commonly infect humans are Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus. Hookworm eggs occur in the stool of infected people. If these end up in the environment, they can hatch into immature worms, which can then penetrate the skin. One type can also be spread through contaminated food. Risk factors include walking barefoot in warm climates where sanitation is poor. Diagnosis is by examination of a stool sample with a microscope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookworm_infection

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Can you imagine walking around in a city barefoot? Just imagine it.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

If this isn't a poorly disguised foot fetish thing I'll be astonished.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Screaming is legal! Shops and restaurants will try to make you leave just for exercising your right to scream at the top of your lungs for no reason, but there is actually no law against it! Stand up (and scream) for your rights!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

If this isn't a poorly disguised foot fetish thing I'll be astonished.

I never understood foot fetishists, do they suck on the toes, or get stepped on, or what?

rear end fetish makes so much more sense.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I see people here in Sydney walking around barefoot outside all the time in summer. I wouldn't do it myself but I'm generally barefoot at home when it's warm enough and then Uggs when it's cold.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

gross

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Tiggum posted:

Screaming is legal! Shops and restaurants will try to make you leave just for exercising your right to scream at the top of your lungs for no reason, but there is actually no law against it! Stand up (and scream) for your rights!

Doctors with earplugs in hate this!

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Pitdragon posted:

Can you imagine walking around in a city barefoot? Just imagine it.

I had a neighbor that did that. All the time.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm confused by this one. They want to show that ZERO laws exist? Like, are they going to start with barefoot and then speeding and then go out and murder people?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Murder people with dirty, glass covered feet.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm confused by this one. They want to show that ZERO laws exist? Like, are they going to start with barefoot and then speeding and then go out and murder people?

You're not a REAL sovereign citizen if you wear socks or shoes.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Oops, I meant to post this in GBS. Oh well, enjoy this thread PYF

I really think you should copy this thread and post it in GBS.

That, or ask a mod to move it. It’d be much better received in GBS.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
I have no favourite feet, because all feet are gross hth

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Helith posted:

I see people here in Sydney walking around barefoot outside all the time in summer. I wouldn't do it myself but I'm generally barefoot at home when it's warm enough and then Uggs when it's cold.

I'm also from Sydney and went back this Christmas for the first time in half a decade. There was something unexpectedly nostalgic about seeing all these bogans and surfies walk around supermarkets barefoot, shirtless, and in boardies. It makes no sense, but there's something paradoxically charming about seeing someone give so few shits that they would rather put their health at risk than spend the 10 seconds to grab a pair of thongs

A nation of semi-lovable morons

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Feet are loving gross as poo poo, I don't even like my own feet, if I didn't need them I'd happily chop them off, that's why I keep them constantly encased in the thickest, strongest sabatons the local blacksmith can forge, only taking my disgusting feet out of them for occasional washing, done, of course, by a pauper boy, I won't be touching them, that's for sure.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I am sure that is how the Barefoot Bandit got his start.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
People are far too precious these days. If someone doesn't want to sleep with you because your feet are all cut up and covered in old dog poo poo then they're not worth your time, sorry. Simple as that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

#LoseTheRubber

Bareback Is Legal

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
outside is gross i wouldn't want to go out without shoes

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I have the right to bear arms and feet!

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I had one of these guys in my creative writing program and that poo poo was gnarly, like the soles of his feet were absolutely jet black

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Sometimes when I'm feeling lazy and I go get drive thru I don't wear shoes. That's as far as I'm willing to go barefoot.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

what

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
find a better fetish or get some toe shoes

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

women should be allowed to walk around with they titties out imo

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Goddamn anarchist hippies. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's kinda cool but impractical imo. I've seen a documentary about some kind of rural barefoot runners in Africa a while ago and if you do it long enough, your whole sole becomes this hardened calloused surface.

There is a guy on my block who walks his dog barefoot whenever it's above 10 degrees, it's pretty weird but whatever.

• Locked thread