Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I had the world's weakest tabouli salad last night so I am in dire need of some good mo fuckin food thinking about EATING FRESH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Honey chicken (crispy) from that place at the mall.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

spacetoaster posted:

Honey chicken (crispy) from that place at the mall.

Funny yous hould mention that, I was thinking of getting some ORANGE CHICKEN from PANDA EXPRESS? Thoughts?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Just ate, toasted bagel with a ton of corned beef, mayo, mustard and pickles potato chips and a cherry soda. Can recommend.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

crunchwrap supreme with tons of fire sauce and a normal hard shell taco. it's theo nly lunch you need.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also baja blast to wash it down

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

grilled cheese & tomato soup

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
have you thought about getting a deep fried piece of bacon with cheese and sauce on top held together by two deep fried chicken breasts?

I'm always putting those in my kids lunch box, he fuckin loves em

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
nah when i fux with taco bell I get two spicy potato tacos, chz bn rice, a caramel empanada and a fuckin DRINK

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I eat lunch for breakfast. Then I also eat lunch for lunch

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Funny yous hould mention that, I was thinking of getting some ORANGE CHICKEN from PANDA EXPRESS? Thoughts?
Get the noodles from Panda Express and then just buy one of those frozen things of breaded chicken that come with Chinese sauces, then toss that poo poo all together. Panda's fried chicken is bad.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Got some spicy sushi rolls for lunch :getin:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its 1:22pm and i just ate lunch

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
My job has been buying us all lunch for the past couple months as a way to prevent us from leaving for an hour every day until our project is done. Its been something different every day, so its always a surprise! Last week we had Publix fried chicken, Red Robin, Pita Pit, Panda Express, and Flippers Pizza

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

I had the world's weakest tabouli salad last night

Hope you can take your skirt off for lunch and put on your big boy pants for a real man's meal, op

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

FactsAreUseless posted:

Get the noodles from Panda Express and then just buy one of those frozen things of breaded chicken that come with Chinese sauces, then toss that poo poo all together. Panda's fried chicken is bad.

I usually get their Honey Walnut Shrimp, its pretty good but I do go with the noodles instead of the rice :hai:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I just had Mexican yesterday and I'm going to do it AGAIN

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

UNCUT PHILISTINE posted:

Hope you can take your skirt off for lunch and put on your big boy pants for a real man's meal, op

I used to work at a pretty nice mediterranean restaraunt where we used to chopp parsley and grind the bulgar both real thin and mix it with a olive oil/lemon juice/ herb dressing and it was v good when you put a chargrilled piece of chicken and feta on it :shrug:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I usually get their Honey Walnut Shrimp, its pretty good but I do go with the noodles instead of the rice :hai:
Their rice loving sucks, but their noodles are pretty good. I like all the cabbage.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I got a good ole can of progresso chicken noodle soup and a salad my wife made waiting for me. Sesame ginger dressing natch

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
i wish my wife would put my food in a can

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I went down to this French bakery cafe thing and got some mix of like cream, onions, cheese, potato and ham. Its real cold out and I am horrifically hungover so it was a p good shout

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I usually bake chicken thigh or breast with herbs and spices along with chopped courgette, pepper, red onion, sweet taters, etc and have that. Cooked with a little oil and then refigerated and eaten cold it's amazing.

But today i've got the shits so i'm not eating anything for lunch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

communism bitch posted:

I usually bake chicken thigh or breast with herbs and spices along with chopped courgette, pepper, red onion, sweet taters, etc and have that. Cooked with a little oil and then refigerated and eaten cold it's amazing.

But today i've got the shits so i'm not eating anything for lunch.
Chicken with vegetables is the perfect anytime food.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
It's great cause prep time is literally 5 minutes to chop everything and throw it in a baking tray, and changing it up is as simple as changing the seasoning, so it doesn't get too boring.

The only downside is that sometimes I want it with rice to make a really substantial lunch but i haven't found the right sauce to bind it all together.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
habanero tabasco unless you mean physically binding it together

i'm thinking about buying one of the gallon jugs

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Chicken breast and rice. It’s super boring and I’m not really looking forward to it

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

dads friend steve posted:

Chicken breast and rice. It’s super boring and I’m not really looking forward to it

Poor move

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Jose posted:

habanero tabasco unless you mean physically binding it together

i'm thinking about buying one of the gallon jugs

Yessss I'm not a huge fan of regular tabasco but I can't get enough of this stuff. It's like $12 a bottle here in Canada though :(

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I'm having a protein shake and a yogurt for lunch. Pooping is for idiots

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I;m thinking about thos Beans

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Nut to Butt posted:

I;m thinking about thos Beans

get dem beans with chilli and go for the full colon instead of a semi

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

communism bitch posted:

It's great cause prep time is literally 5 minutes to chop everything and throw it in a baking tray, and changing it up is as simple as changing the seasoning, so it doesn't get too boring.

The only downside is that sometimes I want it with rice to make a really substantial lunch but i haven't found the right sauce to bind it all together.

Do you make this the night before or before you eat it? Do you have it cold or warm it up?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I just heard a rumor that we're getting Moe's for lunch today. Score!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Chrs Gry posted:

Do you make this the night before or before you eat it? Do you have it cold or warm it up?

I often make a batch up on Sunday, let it cool on the counter for an hour and then divide it into tupperware tubs and fridge it. One baking tray's woth will make enough for 3 meals, Monday-weds I can just grab a tub out the fridge and eat it cold at work, but you could probably nuke it for a minute or two and it'd be fine.

Just chop your veg - I like peppers, zucchini, sweet potatoes, broccoli, red onions, etc. Choose three or four of those, chop one of each into bite-sized chunks and spread them around in a baking tray, make space for two or three chicken thighs or breasts, and then throw seasoning over the whole lot. I like paprika, cumin, cayenne chili, mixed italian herbs, garlic, and salt and pepper of course. Also you can throw a handful of cherry tomatos over the top of the whole thing and that usually adds something.

Make sure you coat the bottom of the baking tray in a little oil, and then baste the top of everything with a little more, but don't go crazy. Then stick it in a pre-heated oven at about 225C until the surface of the veg is just starting to char (like 25 minutes, give or take), and it's done.

Simple, cheap, healthy and tasty.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Super Waffle posted:

I just heard a rumor that we're getting Moe's for lunch today. Score!

Never tried it before even though it's near by. What's good there?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Spicy picante chicken ramen

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

thinking of getting a gosh darn good hot dog for lunch today

gosh darn it's going to be good

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I just woke up so if lunch is defined by time of day my lunch is pop tarts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Got some Philippine adobo chicken in the fridge to heat up. It's good.

• Locked thread