Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koishi Komeiji

1. I don't trust him :colbert:

2. His Nae Nae is disturbing and he does not even attempt to do a stanky leg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxW9eIPhtkY

3. His eyes are too small.
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/LUN1xwG.png :nws:

4. Did a google image search for him and this came up:

5. Sometimes he wears pants and sometimes he doesn't very confused about whether or not he has genitals.

6. Is very rude and arrogant to used car salesmen. Demands people show him the Car Fax and says it in an accusatory tone. It's like dude, I'm just trying to sell my Hyundai Accent we don't need to get the Pentagon involved or some poo poo.

7. Runs an evil panopticon underneath hard working American homes: (isis?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Ug8cqZjiY

8. Has tried meth at least once:
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/LUN1xwG.png :nws:

9. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrkDH2nvTsY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Before they started using the Car Fox, who is terrible and should be banned, Car Fax made a commercial in which a doofy car dealer tried to not show a couple the CarFax report by pulling out a puppet and calling it the Car Fox. Now they've just decided that the Car Fox isn't stupid and instead he's cool? I think about this all the time and I appreciate this post, Koishi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MW538g5j0c

edit: He wears the same drat shirt. Whoever did this should be brought to justice.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

I Dunno

He has disturbing human eyes.

alnilam

jfc :stonk:

ty manifisto

alnilam

Y’know, the thing about the Car Fax car fox, he’s got tiny eyes, round eyes, like a human’s eyes. When he comes after ya, he doesn’t seem to be livin’ until he informs ya about yer car

ty manifisto

rump buttman

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

tried to get an old VW rabbit from a dealer, and the fox wouldn’t investigate the car. he just wanted to eat it

wasn’t helpful and pretty scary

Jolo

the more I look at the fox the less I think it's a fox at all. I think it's something else pretending to be a fox, but to what end? why do this?

what dark game is he playing and are we all merely pawns? is this kia sorento a lemon?

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

oh no

thanks Manifisto!

Koishi Komeiji

:siren: Do not let your women folk go to any used car lot alone! The Car Fox will attempt to seduce her with free car info and then dance with her. It is unclear at this time what the bastard's aims are but we can be sure they are unsavory. :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hor-qD_2zyU

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Jolo posted:

Before they started using the Car Fox, who is terrible and should be banned, Car Fax made a commercial in which a doofy car dealer tried to not show a couple the CarFax report by pulling out a puppet and calling it the Car Fox. Now they've just decided that the Car Fox isn't stupid and instead he's cool? I think about this all the time and I appreciate this post, Koishi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MW538g5j0c

edit: He wears the same drat shirt. Whoever did this should be brought to justice.

poo poo, this occurred to me too, when it happened. I was like "Wait, wasn't the car fox supposed to be a sign of shadiness and possible fraud?". but I got over it because what does it really matter?

but even babies have an innate sense of when something is inconsistent, unexpected, contradictory or whatever, even if they don't have the whole talking and writing thing down to verbally communicate it. so whatever ad group developed and broadcast that initial ad probably triggered that primal, innate part of our brains.

hence why we are here discussing this similar thought process across space and time. and yet, too, related to the main topic expressed in the the thread title. for we fear the Car Fox due to a still remnant sense that an untrustworthy kind of joke has been played on us.

it makes the company seem suspicious as a whole, while the fox character himself may further trigger lingering subconscious mental associations of humanoid canids (ala the Big Bad Wolf in the three pigs and little red riding hood) from childhood stories with negative emotional experiences. not just of terror, but the terror of helplessness (especially the state of childlike helplessness).

and that's because it's an existential terror, one that the universe has a program laid out for us and nothing we do will change our ultimate fate. and more than that, it will empower malevolent entities who are not only willing to try and kill us, but actively seek to to do so. That can think, reason, strategize against us, making them all the more fearfully cunning.

and as adults, car owners and buyers many of us are, that kind of fear comes to mind in regards to buying a used car. that in buying one, we could be screwed over in ways ranging from mere grievous inconvenience (breaking down on the way back home from a grocery trip in the pouring rain) to physical endangerment (brake or ball joint failure in the pouring rain on the highway).

and it would happen due to ethically indifferent or actively unethical sellers not disclosing accident damage, incident reports, and so on. Indeed, even likely seeking to extract as much money out of us as they can! feeling a tingle in the back of your neck, yet?

so you get Car Fax, and use it to try and assuage your doubts, rule out vehicles for sale that you're investigating, reassure yourself that you still have some agency in this universal program even if death is the final end result of whatever branching scenario you algorithmically trigger in it. you can at least control some of the inputs there.

You have really become Car Fax compliant, though. You are doing what they want you to do, which is to give them $14.95 or whatever for a month of report access on the typically rare occasion you might be purchasing a vehicle.

this kind of manipulative triggering of deep psychological embedding is probably the baseline desired state in testing for 95% application efficacy in CIA mind control and thought implant drugs. and Car Fax somehow stumbled upon a formula for applying this state in a psychologically primed mass mega population.

which, in this ever incrementally globalizing, exchanging, adapting, moving, updating world, is pretty much everyone. but it's hard to get too irate about, really, because in a way the threat of a Car Fax report proving them a liar injects some consumer-driven honesty into the sellers marketplace. It's manipulation that may be unsettling ethically, but one could and does debate that about every formulative manipulation we experience through early development into adulthood and probably on forward.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kesshan

i know that you tagged this as nws and also had a reasonable description of what it was, but it was still very upsetting to me and i'd like an apology

redm

how do you fax a car exactly

sig by Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew

redm posted:

how do you fax a car exactly
What do you think the car crushing machine does after crushing the car?

We don't have a car fox in the UK. We have insurance meerkats.

Courtesy of Manifisto

vanisher

Agent for the car fox: I really feel my client would be a perfect fit for your product

Chic-fil-a: actually we are going in another direction

vanisher fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 21, 2018

Koishi Komeiji

Kesshan posted:

i know that you tagged this as nws and also had a reasonable description of what it was, but it was still very upsetting to me and i'd like an apology

Sorry, that picture was actually edited by me to make his eyes look different. This is the orignal unedited one:

https://i.imgur.com/DD19tV5.png

Koishi Komeiji

Fan theory: The car fax HQ under all of our houses is actually hell.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

yes he is creepy. more importantly, they need to hire an actual dancer to be in the suit. whoever's doing it now looks uncomfortable and is not energetic enough.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Farecoal

There he go
Foxy Car Fax Fox Striptease - Tonite!

google THIS

37 countries have already banned the Car Fax car fox, but has the US? Of course not.

Kesshan

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Sorry, that picture was actually edited by me to make his eyes look different. This is the orignal unedited one:

https://i.imgur.com/DD19tV5.png

i died

Scaly Haylie

car fox's arch nemesis is car wolf.

Kesshan

car fox and the car hound

google THIS

Car Fox and Car Wolf are lovers and Car Fox likes to be submissive in bed.

Jolo

google THIS posted:

Otacon: "It's like one of my japanese animes..."

Koishi Komeiji

Lizard Wizard posted:

car fox's arch nemesis is car wolf.

Car Fox: And here is the car fax for this car...
*guy in a costume that looks like Car Fox except it's grey and the shirt says Car Wolf snatches the car fax out of Car Fox's hand*
Car Wolf: Can't let you do that Car Fox. Trans amdross is paying us to take you down.
Car Fox: Car Wolf! Let's get em guys!
* a whole bunch of guys in costumes are fighting each other Power Rangers style all over the lot*
Customer: gently caress this, I'm just going to use Uber.

Scaly Haylie

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Trans amdross

the unabonger
this may be fun and games for some of you but when I went to pick up my car fax from the Car Fax car fox, he bit me and gave me rabies...

Scaly Haylie

google THIS posted:

wrong. if you listen closely the commercial is actually saying "seme the car fox"

Scroon

*Anticipatorily dusts off previously rejected pitch for Car Fawkes the anti-Parlimentarian car report mascot*

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
I have to believe there is a lot of urine (I mean a lot, lot of urine) trapped in that fursuit. Bannable offense!

alnilam

urine trouble

ty manifisto

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
The Car Fox walked through the break room and out to the rear loading zone of the used car dealership he now worked at. No one would see or bother him there. He leaned back against the cinder block wall of the dealership's main building, pulled out a cigarette, and lit it. Taking a drag from it, he yet again reflected on how he had ended up at this point in his life.

The company had changed names. Simple as that. Fax anything screamed 1980s, and for a SERIOUS COMPANY in these 2010s years, that was just a no-no for branding. So Car Fax became (loving drumroll please, the Car Fox sarcastically thought in his head) CarPortz. And with the "fax" part of the name dropped, there was no longer any kind of weak fax/fox pun to work with.

There had been no heads up. He showed up to roll camera one morning, and the Millennial production assistant just said "Um, you're not scheduled to be here?". He had needed to call human resources to find out he had been unceremoniously dropped, for God's sake.

He took another drag on his cigarette and then balanced between his index and middle finger, as he looked up at the sky. He let himself space out, looking at the not wholly overcast, not wholly sunny vista of clouds and blue sky above. Zen tracked along with the nicotine surging through his vulpine bloodstream.

His private reverie was interrupted by the dealership's public announcement loudspeaker. Mr. Car Fox to guest lounge three, please. His concentration broken, the remaining two-thirds of his lit cigarette twisted out of his fingers and fell to the ground. Cursing, he squatted down to pick it up, and noticed the filter tip had landed squarely in some gross bum's loogie of congealed saliva and yellow-green mucus. He just stared at it for thirty seconds, then got up.

He was tempted to kick the cigarette, let it go where it may and set the world ablaze, but he settled for carefully nudging its lit end into the loogie. It was probably extinguished, c'est la vie if it was not after this point. The Car Fox quickly adjusted his tie, patted his shirt and khakis to make sure no ashes were on them, and walked back inside. Game face time.

He walked into "guest lounge" (more like waiting room) three. He exchanged pleasantries with the family in there, mama, papa, 2.3 kids, looking to buy one of the minivans listed on the dealership's website. It was a pretty smooth discussion, and the Car Fox was definitely smelling a sale he could reel in. And then it happened.

Papa happened to ask, innocently enough, "I take it y'all have a CarPortz you can show me about this one, right?". A slight lip quiver was all that betrayed the Car Fox's inner struggle to maintain his composure. He managed to cheerfully choke out, "Let me go in back and get a copy of it for you!", before striding (too quickly, too goddamn quickly, poo poo!) into a back office. Closing the door and slumping himself against it, the Car Fox bit into his knuckles (too hard, too goddamn hard, poo poo!), drawing blood, in order to stifle the sound of his heartbroken sobbing.

----------------

Manifisto

Kthulhu5000 posted:

The Car Fox walked through the break room and out to the rear loading zone of the used car dealership he now worked at. No one would see or bother him there. He leaned back against the cinder block wall of the dealership's main building, pulled out a cigarette, and lit it. Taking a drag from it, he yet again reflected on how he had ended up at this point in his life.

The company had changed names. Simple as that. Fax anything screamed 1980s, and for a SERIOUS COMPANY in these 2010s years, that was just a no-no for branding. So Car Fax became (loving drumroll please, the Car Fox sarcastically thought in his head) CarPortz. And with the "fax" part of the name dropped, there was no longer any kind of weak fax/fox pun to work with.

There had been no heads up. He showed up to roll camera one morning, and the Millennial production assistant just said "Um, you're not scheduled to be here?". He had needed to call human resources to find out he had been unceremoniously dropped, for God's sake.

He took another drag on his cigarette and then balanced between his index and middle finger, as he looked up at the sky. He let himself space out, looking at the not wholly overcast, not wholly sunny vista of clouds and blue sky above. Zen tracked along with the nicotine surging through his vulpine bloodstream.

His private reverie was interrupted by the dealership's public announcement loudspeaker. Mr. Car Fox to guest lounge three, please. His concentration broken, the remaining two-thirds of his lit cigarette twisted out of his fingers and fell to the ground. Cursing, he squatted down to pick it up, and noticed the filter tip had landed squarely in some gross bum's loogie of congealed saliva and yellow-green mucus. He just stared at it for thirty seconds, then got up.

He was tempted to kick the cigarette, let it go where it may and set the world ablaze, but he settled for carefully nudging its lit end into the loogie. It was probably extinguished, c'est la vie if it was not after this point. The Car Fox quickly adjusted his tie, patted his shirt and khakis to make sure no ashes were on them, and walked back inside. Game face time.

He walked into "guest lounge" (more like waiting room) three. He exchanged pleasantries with the family in there, mama, papa, 2.3 kids, looking to buy one of the minivans listed on the dealership's website. It was a pretty smooth discussion, and the Car Fox was definitely smelling a sale he could reel in. And then it happened.

Papa happened to ask, innocently enough, "I take it y'all have a CarPortz you can show me about this one, right?". A slight lip quiver was all that betrayed the Car Fox's inner struggle to maintain his composure. He managed to cheerfully choke out, "Let me go in back and get a copy of it for you!", before striding (too quickly, too goddamn quickly, poo poo!) into a back office. Closing the door and slumping himself against it, the Car Fox bit into his knuckles (too hard, too goddamn hard, poo poo!), drawing blood, in order to stifle the sound of his heartbroken sobbing.

Darkman Fanpage

ŝ̼̬̯͍̪̺́̎̎̒͡h̶̨̛̼̞̮̮̘͙̙͉̜̊̊̿̔̈͑̿͞͞ǫ͍͚̗̫̰̞̝͐̋́͐̈́̒̿̏w̤͈̣͈͈͋̊̍͛͌̓͐̍̅͞ m̵̘̭̖̪̗̫͌̓̇̓̄̓͢͜͟e̫͍̩̞̥͂͒͆̊̋̏̈́̀͘ t̸̢̧̛̫̻̭̻̘͖̲̒̓͂̓͌͂͡h̵̫̣̗͎͉͂͊́̽̅͛̂̉̌͘e̴̢̦͚̠̹̪͖̺̤͐̏̽̐̇͊̀̀̀̚ͅ c̠͍͙̮̣̯̤͙͌̐̈́̄́̍̑̔̂͜͞ͅą̵͖̼̘̹̩̦̂̉̋̂̌̐͂̀͑͟͝ṛ̢̮͎͖̮̝͈̎̄̓̓͢͞͝ f̡̢̢̬͛͆̄̇̚͘͟a̵̡͖̭͙̠̻̗̬̬͓̓̎̉̐̅̓̀͋̚x̢̛̼͇̘̜̄̑͋̈̓!̵̭̞͍͇͚̝̹̤̎̆̌̕̚ͅ

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
i for one am glad that furries are finally getting the jobs they deserve

----------------

Jolo

The Car Fox had a scene in 2 Fast 2 Furious that was cut from the final screening. Ludacris' character Tej goes off in secret to buy a Volvo because he wants a safe reliable daily driver. During the scene he meets the Car Fox and they talk about how driving safely is actually way cooler than driving fast. The director loved it, but Vin Diesel hated it. He refused to allow it in the film and threatened to quit the whole production if it stayed in. He was furious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
op we judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their actions. you may want to try to view the car fax car fox in an understanding light and then you may find some common ground and be at peace

• Locked thread