Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I want to know about your friends, so tell me about them. Tell me about your successful friends! I have a friend that won 40 million in the lottery and smokes weed and plays video games all day. Successful will have a loose definition in this thread.

I also want to know about your lovely friends. Tell me their secrets. Why are they lovely? I have a friend that calls himself a Scholar of Japanese Arts in total seriousness, with printed business cards that say it. The thing is he decided he was a Scholar because he has been watching anime since the 90s. He keeps trying to get the local community college to give him a class to teach but his degree is in engineering and they aren't totally into the idea.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Tell me about your friends first :colbert:

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Korthal posted:

Tell me about your friends first :colbert:

well I'm a goon so I don't have very many more. I also know a guy that burned his ballsack when he tried to light a fart when he was 12 and he had to get surgery. He won't show us though what a queer

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
I cut all of my friends out of my life 2 years ago when I had a kid.

Now I'm friends with a 2 year old.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Since you told me, I'm obligated to tell you.

I have no friends :qq:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Korthal posted:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got rid of facebook and shadowblocked everyone i know irl from twitter like 10 years ago and now i dont have any offline friends

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: im 16

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Korthal posted:

you're both goons so you actually have 199,601 friends :)

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im visiting a friend in montreal next weekend op thanks for asking, going to eat lots of good food and check out the cool napoleon exhibit they have somewhere

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
My best friend is trans gendered and loves chicks with dicks.

She is also thinking about getting her ball bag and cock removed.

She's extremely intelligent and tolerant, unless you're conservative. Known her for like 12 years.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mostly “laugh the sun up” kinda ppl. :airquote:

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Bunch'a assholes. Haven't heard from most of them in 3 months.

Birds of a feather and all that, though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I had a best friend but now I don’t.

My roommates are cool though.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Friends? I hang out with dudes because our wives are friends. We see each other more during football season, BBQ/birthday parties.

There's plenty of cheap beer, good food & watching football on huge honking screens. Eventually, a new attractive female shows up & we spend 15 minutes lurking & grinning at each other. Then the tequila bottles, cigars gets cracked open & domino tables get busy & we ignore our wives/children for the next 8 hours.

splurgershnitzl
Jan 19, 2018
I have one good friend who is extremely unreliable but hilarious. I know a lot of other people but they pass through. You start to notice after awhile that even friends tend to use each other and you go full goon.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Friends? I hang out with dudes because our wives are friends. We see each other more during football season, BBQ/birthday parties.

There's plenty of cheap beer, good food & watching football on huge honking screens. Eventually, a new attractive female shows up & we spend 15 minutes lurking & grinning at each other. Then the tequila bottles, cigars gets cracked open & domino tables get busy & we ignore our wives/children for the next 8 hours.

i would kill myself

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Korthal posted:

I will be your friend. It's not ideal, but it's all I've got.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I became good friends with a coworker, he was a few years younger than me and liked to do lots of drugs. His little brother had died of alcohol poisoning at age 14 the first time he ever drank. It hosed up my buddy real bad. He died of a heart attack at 23.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Man, thats a downer.

...But its what this thread is all about! Thanks buddy

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
There are only three people in this world I'm glad to spend time with - my gf, my mom, and this one guy from high school. Everyone else I'm just waiting until I can stop moving my face and mouth in the acceptable ways.

I need to make the effort to see high school guy more. Our work schedules don't line up well.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Not a whole lot at the moment. More than a few occasional acquaintances but I've lost just about anyone I'd consider a real friend over the years.

:shrug: whaddya gonna do

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

OP, you asking this just made me realize I have difficulty separating love and affection from sex.
To answer your question, I haven't had sex with my best friends.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
I have a friend who got a really cushy job as secretary in the city council, he only has to work 4 to 6 hours a day and makes a 6 figure salary a year. His actual job is super sketch though, he gets asked to hold certain bill propositions so they can get voted during holidays and poo poo
He spends his free time buying expensive musical instruments and learning how to play them. He's actually really good at it

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

Man, thats a downer.

Probably a lot of them, actually

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I haven't had a friend in fuckin years

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Korthal posted:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I have this one friend who I see once a week, he takes the bin I put out on the curb and dumps it in his truck, haha what a character!

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I haven't had a friend in fuckin years

:same:

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

im on a first name and fist bump basis with my local liquor store owner

VVVVVV - hey man be cool

MOOBS! fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 21, 2018

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

MOOBS! posted:

im on a first name and fist bump basis with my local liquor store owner

Of all the avs I've seen yours is the grossest.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I have lots of friends but I befriended a guy last year who went a little crazy and now every time I see him he wants to talk about how the earth is flat, there is no such thing as outer space, and that the Illuminati is ruling the world and covering up child rape on a mass scale in some kind of bid to bring the general populace away from the glory of Jesus. Last time I saw him he showed me a five minute video that 'proved' that the government is manipulating the weather. It was just a recording of some clouds he made but he kept pointing at random parts of the clouds and saying 'look at that! That proves it!'.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Spinster posted:

Of all the avs I've seen yours is the grossest.

It is, kinda. But then you look at the complete absence of shame in that kids face and you think how wonderful it would be to be 16 and a stoned idiot again.

Moobs bring me back.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i am a genuine social idiot, i haven't had close friends in years and i don't see it happening any time soon

china bot fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 21, 2018

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
They’re cool but their dicks aren’t very big. Everyone is extremely average wang size

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Jim Barris posted:

I have lots of friends but I befriended a guy last year who went a little crazy and now every time I see him he wants to talk about how the earth is flat, there is no such thing as outer space, and that the Illuminati is ruling the world and covering up child rape on a mass scale in some kind of bid to bring the general populace away from the glory of Jesus. Last time I saw him he showed me a five minute video that 'proved' that the government is manipulating the weather. It was just a recording of some clouds he made but he kept pointing at random parts of the clouds and saying 'look at that! That proves it!'.

Oh man yeah that reminds me. I know a guy that is totally a flat earther but doesnt want to admit it. Like he asks me stuff in a "just wonderin.." kind of way. Once he tried to tell me that thing about how if you pour water on a ball it falls off the ball it doesnt sit there."Yeah, but gravity" I say, "ok but gravity should work even more outside of the ecosystem." Actual quotes. We weren't even high. He used to be a Mormon, too. Thats a whole other story.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

They’re cool but their dicks aren’t very big. Everyone is extremely average wang size
How do you know you're not average and they're all small?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Evil Agita posted:

Oh man yeah that reminds me. I know a guy that is totally a flat earther but doesnt want to admit it. Like he asks me stuff in a "just wonderin.." kind of way. Once he tried to tell me that thing about how if you pour water on a ball it falls off the ball it doesnt sit there."Yeah, but gravity" I say, "ok but gravity should work even more outside of the ecosystem." Actual quotes. We weren't even high. He used to be a Mormon, too. Thats a whole other story.
It must be hard for Mormons to get away from the habit of believing a bunch of crazy poo poo.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Jim Barris posted:

It must be hard for Mormons to get away from the habit of believing a bunch of crazy poo poo.

He stopped being a Mormon because when he went away on his mission his mormon gf he was in a sexless relationship with for 4 years met and slept with a mexican dude. That may also be why he voted for Trump im not sure.

Anyway he kinda gave up on his religion after that.

• Locked thread