Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Hello everyone and welcome to the newest DLC of South Park: The Fractured But Whole; From Dusk till Casa Bonita!

In this DLC we follow Mysterion as he requests our help save his sister from the bloodthirsty vampires who have taken over Casa Bonita, home of the Cliff Divers, and Honey Covered Sopaipillas.

In this DLC we get a whole new class: The Netherborn, using powers of the netherrealm we are able to smite the bloodsuckers from where they stand.

Latest Update

I have already done a full LP of this game (This was before I was told about Something Awful) and it was also before I started doing commentary but you can find the full playlist here:

Characters and Allies

The hero of this tale and nicknamed Buttlord for our powerful farts

Kenny Mcormick AKA Mysterion is an immortal being who uses his nether powers to smite evil

Eric Cartman AKA The Coon, uses his claws and agility to be an annoying piece of lard

Our newest ally with this DLC, Henrietta uses her satanic powers to support our heroes as we take on the legion of the dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
My critiques:

You're starting with the DLC, which is fine, but since I've never played this game, I have to go back to your previous LP to figure out what is going on with the game's systems. I have to commit to watching around 15 hours of play-though which I cannot even discuss with you because you're already done. The DLC is probably nice, but it doesn't really show how your character came to be. You already made a lot of progress with him, but I don't know what you're doing with any of the menus or how you customized his stats and gear load-out. I don't even know how the game handles those things. I like to come into an LP knowing nothing about the game, so I can discuss it without spoilering anything. By starting with a finished character and going straight into the DLC and then asking me to watch your previous LP, I might as well watch another LP of the game or even play it myself, in which case why am I watching your LP?

I understand that you're in the middle of LPing this game before you found us, but to me, it feels like I'm coming into the middle of an older LP that's already finished and you're just adding the DLC as an update. I would start from scratch with a new character which we can vote, suggest, or critique on. Other players come into these threads and can even teach you some things about the game that even you didn't know. Also DLC episodes are usually not worth an entire thread because they are usually a lot shorter than the base game. Partial and/or total conversions of games which we've LPed multiple times already (i.e. Skyrim, Fallout, Doom) are probably the only exceptions here. I don't think anyone here has LPed this game yet. At least I haven't read any.

Edit: I hope this helps. I don't mean to attack you, I'm just giving my opinion.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 22, 2018

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Yea Your right a about that I just don’t have the time atm to restart the whole game over so I will probably just close the thread and let it die sorry bout that

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Someone needs to LP this game here IMO. Sadly, I'm not interested, but I hope someone will soon. We had a great screenshot LP of the Stick of Truth way back when.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

achtungnight posted:

Someone needs to LP this game here IMO. Sadly, I'm not interested, but I hope someone will soon. We had a great screenshot LP of the Stick of Truth way back when.

You know what. Let me sort out what I am working on right now and I think I will do it again. Any suggestions of how to go about it? I don’t think I have the time for a screenshot lp and mastersord suggested I have you guys pick the classes and such

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Hmm. I would love to see all the Classes shown off to some degree, all the characters too. I did enjoy playing the game- even if I wasn't interested in LPing it. Plan it out carefully, do what seems best for you to have fun. I know it sounds generic, but it's the best I can do. Whatever happens, thanks for suggesting the idea here. I will check out your already completed LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
1) Sandcastle. Always Sandcastle. Sandcastle until you think you don't need to Sandcastle ever again... And then Sandcastle anyway.

2) Don't YouTube dump. Period. This includes "Oh I LP'd this game before coming here, check out this whole playlist as necessary backstory to this DLC I'm doing." If you need a refresher on the Do's and Don't's of this sub, please consult the Rules Thread.

3) If you're gonna LP a large and complex game like this, have an actual plan for doing so, don't just bumble into it, it will end in disaster.

You're right though on one count. I'm locking this thread, effective immediately.

• Locked thread