Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I will play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I move that we refer to scum as Moonies for the duration of this game.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Oh, I am Sunshine also.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

A little late on the draw to worry about the integrity of the game after roles are out and day has begun.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

All ye wayward souls, renounce thy sin and give thyself unto the purifying flames of our most glorious Sun. In death, all things are forgiven.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Why not that song by They Might Be Giants?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Grandicap posted:

Those aren't roles, right? They are blessings and curses based on highest and lowest post counts at the end of each day.

A curse that only benefits town and only is a detriment to scum is not in the spirit of what the curse is supposed to do IMO.

It should be a downside for whoever gets it, of whatever alignment, it should never be a boon.

I didn't say they were a role. I said that commenting on a curse that's been in the op from the get-go only after D1 has started and role pm's are sent is waaaay too late.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

willie_dee posted:

Hello all, I am sunshine aligned. Just as I saw my role PM the irl began shining and I was able to soak up some glorious rays.

I, too, am a lizard.

Pls do no t/f check this statement.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Jonathan Fisk;

If you were scum, how would you read that interaction between Xad and b- just now?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

Rhjamiz, if you were town, what would you hope to gain from this line of questioning

A reaction I might be able to read, and to jumpstart discussion.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Good job bird! I feel like I would have had a shot if town hadn't checked out so hard at the end.

Also the ambiguity over what roles could actually be capable of (two night actions cough cough) worked against all efforts to hunt Cell effectively. Irsmart and Macs refusal to believe that you could be both a tracker and perform a nk sealed their loss.

All in all it was fun tho! Would sign up for dbz Mafia again.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Well gently caress me im dumb. Wrong thread lol.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Xad posted:

Here's a reaction for you: Any particular reason you called out JFisk specifically?

I picked a random name from the list who was not in dbz Mafia.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'd have sworn that I hit reply in the dbz Mafia game but it ended up here. I'm going to blame the Awful app.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

b-, Lumpen isn't in this game you don't have to worry about getting into a shitposting war

But if it makes you feel more at home, I can post lists every day.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The sun demands a sacrifice today or else a new day may never come.

For today, I would be fine lynching a lurker, or anyone who has not made a definitive statement as to their alignment. Jonathan Fisk fits both of these criteria, and also never replied to me. Which hurts my feelings.

##vote Jonathan Fisk

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

We need to decide we want to lynch and who we want to bless.

I am not really into spamming to inflate post counts in a second game.

In other news, This sudden push on Ice feels opportunistic to me. I don't like it.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Back to work for a while, would vote one of Narc/Ice/Dick, not in that order

I hope you're off work in less than seven hours or you won't be voting anyone.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Hello I am off work now.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

this is a ridiculous question, because i would already have a full view of the board and would know if one or both of them was scum
Of course it's loving ridiculous, that's the point. But perhaps I've not made myself clear; the question isn't "What do you THINK as scum" but rather "What do you TELL the town as scum".

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Also holy poo poo a d1 dogpile on a "lurker" within a day of game start is ridiculous slow your fuckin roll
It had been well over 24 hours after game start when I voted you. As of my vote, Day 1 would end in 14 hours. So you'd been missing 34 out of 48 hours. 41 really, as of your return. Playing this like you I jumped you 12 hours in is scummy as gently caress when in fact you'd already been gone for the vast majority of D1. So yeah. Lurker.

But thank you for your shotgun reads. Willie is obvs towny as heck today, b- coming in second with a "feels pretty town", and Fisk is "probably aggressively dickish town" but will be watching closely. Still hasn't posted a statement regarding his alignment or answered my question, both of which as suspect as gently caress, one more than the other. I'll let you guess which. :colbert:

All that said, Fisk is here, job is done, lurker de-lurkified.
##unvote

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

whats 48 minus 15
Look I am not good at math ok

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I would vote for DB today based on his posting. I want Anon more due to this weirdness:

Grandicap posted:

Overjustification of a vote that doesn't need it. This person is not comfortable in their own skin.

##vote IcePheonix

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Is it just me or does grandi seem super scummy this game so far? Also I love that my phone tried to autocorrect grandi to Grandicap but I didn't let it

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I figured it out guys follow my logic here.

Phoenix = fire = sun
ICEphoenix = anti-sun

##vote icephoenix

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Oh, and to that end

##vote Anon

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I swear to god if we have a no-lynch

I will be very, very cross.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Well, if there's no counter-claim, then I'm off AN. If he's really a watcher-type he'll have results or be dead, which will confirm his claim.

##vote Dick Bastardly

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'm not inclined to vote for willie today because that "aha a scumslip?" post felt pretty genuine to me.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Grandicap posted:

Rhjamiz, does the AN claim make you think he's town?
If so, why, if not, why did it make you change your vote?
That seems like a question that is pretty obviously answered by my vote swapping, man.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Regardless of how today turns out, we need to look at TM and RF tomorrow. Not a fan of those solo votes, plus they haven’t contributed at all today
I also noticed how RF made what is effectively the bare minimum number of posts to avoid being Hated automatically.

Grandicap posted:

Then answer the followup? What part of a weakened watcher role seems like a town role? Even if arguably provable.

I posit that the role doesn't help us catch scum, so alignment is irrelevant for that role. It should not change the needle one way or the other. If you thought AN was scum before, what changed?
Help me understand the thought process.
She claimed an investigative power role. I tend to see those as town-aligned. If you're going to make the case that it's a scum role, make it.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I mentioned it before, and in my post of reads, but he did the exact same "pile onto someone that looks like they might get a wagon going" thing on d2 of the DBZ game, at which point he was scum even though a couple days later he switched to town because of the weird rules, and then said something about us "going at it" even though I don't think I ever actually voted for him and was mostly focused on someone else those days?
I'mma look at the timing of both real quick.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Upon re-reading willie and the timing of his vote (nevermind that Anon didn't fix theirs until later), that sure does look bad. I thought the "scumslip?" post felt towny in my gut and was going off that for most of it.

Grandicap posted:

PS This is not me trying to get you to vote AN, I just want to see why you were so primed to jump off. It feels like this is the knee jerk reaction to a claim (almost any powerrole claim) on d1. As if its only cool to lynch a vanilla (town) on day 1. So, why is your Knee jerking?
This feels like you're over-complicating things. I already said; the role claimed sounded investigative at first blush, they have to provide results going into D2; liars would be lynched. Why shouldn't I prefer to lynch claimed vanillas over claimed power roles? One of those things seems far easier to catch out in a lie.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Willie's good enough for me today, sure.

##vote willie

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I do not see any case on anon on reading her, and given that Gulag and taste are voting her I doubt anyone wrote one down, unless xad expanded on it more
I made what was effectively my case on her here:

Rhjamiz posted:

I would vote for DB today based on his posting. I want Anon more due to this weirdness:
I didn't like the strange sequence of events where Anon called Grandi scummy, but then hops on what is effectively their wagon with semi-joke post (which they confirm/fix later).

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Who the gently caress is opop?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah I am not sure why people are shitposting about old games they were in to drive up their postcounts instead of figuring out who they want to lynch.
As far as I can see it's between AN and Willie.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Ah well, teach me to refresh before I post.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I cannot believe y'all let Fisk get away with "Woops sorry, didn't know the day started lol"

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Especially after he made all those rapid-fire effortposts D1 and then never scumhunted again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

see the thing is that was true, you can check scumchat

Still shoulda lynched you for it. :v:

• Locked thread