Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
just finished reviewing DB's post history, which is mostly devoid of content. He spent most of d1 making jokeposts while providing no original thoughts or reads:

samples of DB's numerous joke/unhelpful posts:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Imagine if willie was like "hey watch this neat trick that's gonna put distance between us scumbros (icefirebird) and make me look town to boot!"

Dick Bastardly posted:

heck yeah boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon
superficial comments about random players. no follow up reads

Dick Bastardly posted:

I accept grandi's case as fine and good.

Dick Bastardly posted:

The first two are kinda "meh *shrug*" and the last is not that good. Not really getting a scum vibe, but will take note.
jokevote:

Dick Bastardly posted:

how about THIS!?
##vote tastey
Claimed VT:

Dick Bastardly posted:

alrighty then, well im going to bed.
im vanilla.
i'm obviously not voting myself so ##vote anon
if i die, gl town.
expressed pseudo-frustration at the possibility of a no lynch:

Dick Bastardly posted:

this town isn't going to lunch anyone, i can feel it :negative:

D2: only chimes in to comment on Gulag's point of view regarding grandicap.

##vote Dick Bastardly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

GulagDolls posted:

is anyone interested in what my curse was.

well that depends. Are you sure you want to share this information? According to the op: "the curse that affects them will not be revealed even to them unless its effect would require them being notified."

So if you're town and have a useful role, it might be best to keep it to yourself. imo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Nk isn't the only night action afaik?

Obviously not, considering scum killed a cop last night. There's probably other power roles out there as well, otherwise your role is almost entirely worthless. IMO your role would be more beneficial to scum.

Let's say Rhjamiz copped me and received a town result. If you watched me, you would see that I was visited by a cop.
- If you are town, then your result isn't useful to town, because you aren't told who visited me, and learn nothing about my alignment.
- If you are scum, then it helps your team narrow down the list of people with power roles. It would confirm that I'm not a cop, which would help with prioritizing night kills. Plus the scum team would look for any player that suddenly has a strong town read of me.

And those results are assuming that someone actually visited your target. Which didn't happen last night.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
This is a 12 player setup. If there are 3 scum, then we might be at a MyLo situation. We have to hit scum today.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

We'll still be up 5-3 tomorrow if we gently caress up, assuming there's only one kill.

hmm, you're right. I'm not sure why I thought there were 8 players left.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

You were probably forgetting to count yourself and your other scumbro

yeah that must be it. nice catch

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I'm really trying not to tunnel Anon, but I'm having a hard time understanding how his watcher role benefits town. I'd also like everyone to take a look at DB. In the meantime, I'll read grandicap's post history.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Also, it should be noted that the top 3 posters are Ice phoenix, Grandicap, and me. We need to decide who will be blessed in addition to the lynch. I would like to receive the blessing, but understand if you all want to nominate someone else. Either way, we need to make sure that whoever we choose has enough posts before the hammer.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Xad posted:

Did we "choose" IcePhoenix yesterday? I'm ok with not trying to game the system by shitposting

I don't think so. But we shouldn't let that happen again IMO.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Xad posted:

Yeah, I don't really see a strong case other than this, and ~meta case warning~ but DB did the same thing in TWEWY mafia iirc and while lovely, he was also town in that game

could verify someone was roleblocked or something, targeted by a busdriver, etc. I can see uses for it for town

grandi just kinda checking out today makes me want to ##vote grandicap for now at least

Not a huge fan of this vote. Grandicap did say he would be back this evening. I wouldn't consider that "checking out". plus a handful of people have barely posted today. we have plenty of time to discuss this, no need to rush.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dick Bastardly posted:

checks out.

what is this mess

just trying to play mafia, and overlooked a few things while looking for scum. Maybe you could share some thoughts of your own. Town reads, scum reads, etc.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

Do we need to vote for JF again to try and summon him

Possibly. Not sure why everyone is lurking so much, especially as we inch closer to deadline, and I'm at -3.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Can't tell if this is a generic generate content post or legit reads but it's a bad post. Most of these people, including me, didn't just vote willie out of nowhere. I made a case on him and there was actual discussion.

You're completely ignoring posts like this:

Yeah looking at this stuff now it seems like Xad is just purposely ignoring posts for the purpose of furthering his narrative.

Who are your top scum reads? The lack of participation is driving me nuts, and I'll be pretty annoyed if people show up and vote me at the last second just to make sure we lynch someone. where the hell is everyone

I would vote DB, grandicap, Xad or Fisk.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Those DB “reads”... :cmon: :ughh:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##unvote there are better choices

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Alright, so here's what I'm thinking.
Scum are usually active near deadline to make sure they arent lynched and also to protect their teammates if possible. Of course there are so many lurkers this game it's impossible to distinguish town from scum.
DB has generally been unhelpful (not trying to be a dick, sorry) and has claimed VT. If nobody presents any real cases, we should just lynch him. Scum aren't going to prioritize night killing a vanilla role. So we could just kill him instead of choosing another player and risk losing a town power role. Let's not do the work for the scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

Yeah, I would totally vote b-. Lemme see if I can throw something together right quick.

lmao unbelievable.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
If you guys seriously lynch one of the few people actually putting effort into scum hunting, then you deserve to lose.
##vote dick bastardly

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

This post is hilarious when seen next to

(referring to me and willie)

And then beginning of day 2 said we're all dumb for lynching willie.

for fucks sake. I was just loving around. How many times do I have to explain this. It should be obvious when I started to take the game seriously and scumhunt. If you think I'm scum, please just vote me so I don't spend the next 90 minutes refreshing and hoping people will show up.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

what the hell is this lol

Bashing socratic method in early d1. Rhjamiz is just trying to generate d1 content which is a rarity and b- undercuts it. D1 BS so this is low priority, but stifling real discussion is always scummy.

So this part has already been pointed out, but d1 he was all for the willie vote, but comes back in d2 disparaging the thread for it.
And then calls out worthless votes at end day, and unvotes and peaces out. Not having a vote down to have pinned to you is scum thinking, especially since he calls out those worthless votes like a couple of posts before. Vote analysis is definitely in his mind at this point.

And this casual messing up of who the NK was (and who the cop was) seems manufactured to me.

And now this

Feels like scum trying to provoke an emotional response.

Yeah, I'm happy to vote here.
##vote b-minus1
[/quote]

laughing my loving rear end off.

##vote grandicap.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
whoops.
##unvote
##vote grandicap

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

Also that case on DB he made which comes down just to a lurker case. Super safe, super easy case for scum to make.

so that case I was making? yeah, it's called scumhunting. You know, that thing that nobody else seems interested in doing. Maybe I'm wrong, and DB is town. Even if he is town, he's contributed absolutely nothing of substance.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tired Moritz posted:

Morning

Bminus is now reading like frustrated town. Grandicap is uhhh,

Idk why everyone skip over the fact that they were upset about the curse that buff town but not the free janitor

Their posting now is not convincing me of their towniness though I sympathize with their busy life

##vote Grandicap
jfc thank you. you're goddamn right i'm frustrated town.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

Hmmmm? I love how the scum response to being cased is the classic OMGUS. :thumbsup:

1. I'm not scum. You know this, and you're probably laughing your rear end off that you can just show up at the end of the today, put together bullshit case, and get me lynched.
2. Of course I'm going to vote you. I'm town, and therefore want to stay alive.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tired Moritz posted:

Now I think choosing these two is an awful choice

Kinda want to go with DB now because at least these two post

If he's not scum, he's worthless town. Like I said a few posts back, scum aren't going to bother night killing him because he's claimed vanilla. Keeping him alive is actually detrimental to the town imo. But grandicap actually might be scum, and I think we should vote him.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

Pushing for a lurker lynch, when like earlier in the day you were concerned about LYLO

So you drop a vote in what you thought was MYLO at the time on someone you think is town?!?!?

How can you possibly explain that as town?

ahahaha Nice try. I made a mistake, for some reason I thought there were 8 players remaining. And DB is not lurking, he's just contributing nothing substantive. That is NOT the same as a lurker lynch. Any anyway, when I voted for DB earlier today, it was just after I put together a case that he was scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

I didn't quote the vote on DB, but it was his DB case with a vote. And an hour later he says he thinks its MYLO. If in his mind the DB case is for a town lurker, and he thinks its MYLO... then he wants town to lose???

lmfao dude. what a hilarious attempt to distort my db case.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

Lurker vs content lurker is effectively the same thing.
But, you are saying your thoughts on DB have changed? You thought he was worthless scum before, but now he is obviously worthless town. Without any change in DBs behavior. This is scum trying to backpedal and justify pushing back on the dude pushing him.

Do me a favor. Look at my post history, and do a ctrl-f for the word "lurk". You wont find DB's name anywhere near lurk. Because he's not lurking. And I never said he was. I'm not backpedaling ahahaha

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dammit I lost the post I made. Basically it was that bm and grandi are probably both town. If one of them has to be scum I still think bm is more likely.

are you serious dude? cant you see what's happening here

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

PS, b-minus1 is very much in the lead for posts today, if he is alive he will get the boon. Do with that info as you will:sun:

Good. I want the boon. I've also been very clear about that. Which is why you are trying to convince town on the fence to vote me. Because if I die, then (I think) you get the boon.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

What distortion? You made a case for a lurker, then said oh poo poo, it is MYLO (you were wrong, but at the time your stated percerption was that you thought it was). And now you state you think that DB is worthless town. Without any real change in the gamestate to make your opinion shift in that regard. So, at the time you thought it was MYLO and you should be careful with your vote and you bandied it around like a hussie.

ok, now I know you're scum. Yep, putting DB at -5 during a time of the day when very few people were posting, trying to jumpstart some conversation by asking everyone to look at my DB case, bandied it around like a hussie.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
you loving idiots. cant believe i spent this effort into this game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

Look at the bright side B-, you're helping a newbie learn to play

there is no bright side. gently caress this town. unfuckingbelievable.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

I think this is the closest vote I've seen before, it's neat. Wonder if anyone will blink.

We could also do a last hour turbo on someone else like we did to willie, because that turned out great for us

what the hell are you doing. if you're town, unvote me ffs. like, this should be obvious. quit making small talk with grandicap jfc

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Wait actually idk bminus is def acting like frustrated town right now. Scum don't usually scramble like this they try to actually turn the vote in a calm and reasonable manner

##unvote

no poo poo im frustrated. ive been trying to spark conversation all day. grandicap shows up, distorts my posts, and just a few minutes ago had me one vote away from a mislynch.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

Yeah, I would totally vote b-. Lemme see if I can throw something together right quick.

like, anyone who read this post by grandicap should have known that he was getting ready to post some major bs

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

I don't get this line of thought? What makes you think I'm scum so hard? Just that I'm voting you? Do you think that I'm willfully misreading you? I feel like I have laid out your thought process at the time and that it was of a scum mind.
I'm not a fan of your town sucks, if you vote me you suck, anyone pushing on me must be scum. See this scummy misreading Bullshit.
You are pushing all of the right emotional buttons, but none of the right logical ones. Your dissonance in stated viewpoints vs. your actions is why I think you are scum, and why all of what you are posting now is not swaying me from believing you are the scums.

because your case is complete bullshit and you're purposely distorting my posts.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Can any of the other 3 people voting grandi maybe explain why

nobody seems interested in playing, which really sucks. honestly, grandi wasn't even my top scum read an hour or so ago. but the way he just distorted my posts to frame me as scum has me convinced that he's bad.

DB has disappeared once again.... how convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Grandicap posted:

I think I have laid out a narrative that fits the posts. Like I can't literally crawl inside of your head and see what you were actually thinking at the time, but your stated beliefs do not match your actions. This makes me think you are scum. There is no distortion, at least not intentional. There is ascribing motive. You know, casing.

Pretend I'm confirmed town, and ignore me for a second. Who do you think is scum? Who's town?

• Locked thread