Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

This is a 12-Player Semi-Open setup.

Days are 48 hours. Nights are 24 hours.

Follow these few rules and you'll be ok:
1. Try not to be intentionally hurtful.
2. Don't post private communications, moderator or otherwise, in thread, unless specifically allowed.
3. Make at least 5 posts each game day or become hated, see below for what that means.
4. Just post.

No replacements after day 2.

The Semi-Open part of this setup comes from Post Count Roulette mechanic which is described below.

Post Count Roulette:
The top player in thread receives a random blessing from the sun.
The bottom player in thread will receive a random curse from the moon.
Each blessing and curse are removed from the pool after selection.
The players whom are blessed will be notified of their blessing and may choose to disclose that information in thread at their leisure.
The players whom are cursed will be flagged and notified, but the curse that affects them will not be revealed even to them unless its effect would require them being notified.

Blessings
Ascetic next Night Phase. Untargetable during next night phase.

Double Vote current Day Phase. Your vote counts as two votes once in this day phase.

Death Immune current Day Phase. You cannot die during this day phase by any means.

Pardon current Day Phase. You may pardon a player from death during current day phase.

Scry; usable in next Night Phase to find out who a player targeted on a previous night.

T/F; usable in next Night Phase to analyze the veracity of a statement made by a player. Receives results of True, Partially True or False.

Loved you take an extra vote to kill in the next day phase.

Solar Flare usable to skip next night phase entirely.

Curses
Loud affects current Night Phase. Any action taken in night announced to thread.

Redirect affects current Night Phase. Any action taken in night is randomly reassigned.

Blocked affects current Night Phase. Any action attempted will fail.

Opposite affects current Night Phase. Any action attempted reflects back to yourself.

Janitored. Permanent. Your flip will be concealed for a full day and night phase.

Post Restriction. Permanent. You must praise the sun and condemn the moon in every post you make until you win or die, or the sun will consume you. MOD KILL

Delayed affects current Night Phase. Any action taken on affected night is delayed until the next night and will occur whether player who made it is living or dead.

Hated. Permanent. You require one less vote to kill, and your death will not end the game day.

Sample Role PM
You are a SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light, and win when all rogue rays of light have been consumed by the Sun. You have no ability other than your vote, and whatever favor you earn from the Sun.

1. AnonymousNarcotics
  2. b-minus1
  3. Dick Bastardly
  4. Grandicap
  5. GulagDolls
  6. IcePhoenix
  7. Jonathan Fisk
  8. Retro Futurist
  9. Rhjamiz
  10. Tired Moritz
  11. willie_dee
  12. Xad

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
And that makes us full I think, I'll send out PMs and what not in a bit. PM me if you want spectator access or if you want to be a replacement.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The game has begun. Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or troubles via PM.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
One and only mod note: I never really got into dark souls, I'm terrible at it and own all 4 games and dlc surprisingly, and have only played DS1 for about 5 hours without getting very far. Unintentional memery. My bad lol

Without getting involved in the discussion of the game setup, I at this time intend to change nothing, but reach out to me privately if you really are at odds with it. If 4 or more complain, I'll change it, but absolutely no changes to the mechanics beyond day 1.

Love,

AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The PR penalty has become a mod kill. OP updated. No further changes to be made.

:sun:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The Sun removed its shades and scrutinized each of you with accusing, judgmental eyes...

...and was pleased with what it saw.

The Sun materializes a post-game bounty.

NOW FOR JUDGMENT.

You singled out a ray whose shine began to look more like a glimmer and offered it to the Sun.

willie_dee, SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light has been devoured by the Sun.

---

IcePhoenix, you are favored by the Sun.
GulagDolls, you shall learn obedience.

---

You have twilight until I close the thread, if you're even up or what have you.

You have 24 hours to get actions in.

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 7, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Darkness descends upon the thread.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The sun rises, its life sustaining energy reverberating within the core of your being.

Well... most of you anyhow.

You find the pale, cold remains of Rhjamiz, SUNSHINE-ALIGNED LIGHT BEACON.

quote:

You are a SUNSHINE-ALIGNED light beacon, and win when all rogue rays of light have been consumed by the Sun. Once per night, you may cast your light upon another player and learn whether or not they are aligned with the Sun. In addition to your ability, you have your vote and whatever favor you earn from the Sun.

The sun consumed what remained and began the day.

IT IS NOW DAY 2

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

AA I dunno how votefinder works but it still thinks willie is alive so you might need to do something to fix it :shrug:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

Is it total posts or does it reset per day? Because if it's the latter then b- is probably way ahead of me on the day. Dunno about anyone else.

MOD CLARIFICATION: doing a lovely job with this not posting in thread, but it is highest/lowest number of posts within each individual day, tia. <3

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The Sun begins its descent towards the horizon, but takes its time to judge and accuse the loyal (and disloyal) host of light rays.

"Very good, very good... wh- what's this?!"

Jonathan Fisk is HATED and CURSED

You'll learn obedience!

"...Ah, but my favored appears before me!"

Grandicap is BLESSED.

---

Now for judgment...

You gather around the frustrated Light of Bees, b-minus1 and present the light for the Sun to consume.

The Sun siphons out its life essence and belches loudly before giving way to night.

b-minus1 SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light has been consumed day 2.

quote:

You are a SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light, and win when all rogue rays of light have been consumed by the Sun. You have no ability other than your vote, and whatever favor you earn from the Sun.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 2. 24 HOURS

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 10, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's been brought to my attention that I'm a derelict scrub.

MOD CORRECTION:
AnonymousNarcotics is BLESSED

Sorry, Grandy's

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
You feel the warmth first, and then comes the light. The photonic burst of love the Sun sends washing over you day after day.

It is now Day 3, and one of you will never see the light again.

Dick Bastardly, SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light has been killed in the night.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: This game will be better without AnonymousNarcotics!

Votecount for Day 3
With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 12th, 2018 at 11 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 51 minutes.

As you gather around AnonymousNarcotics to offer her up to the Sun, she glows brighter than she had on previous days and the Sun deems her worthy.

The day ends with no one dying.

Grandicap and Retro Futurist are hated!
Grandicap is cursed!

Jonathan Fisk is blessed!

24 hours for actions

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
No one died last night.

It is now Day 4.

Grandicap is hated.
Retro Futurist is hated.
Jonathan Fisk is blessed and hated.

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 13, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Grandicap SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light has died Day 4.

Please submit your actions ASAP.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Xad is hated
IcePhoenix is hated
Jonathan Fisk is still hated
Retro Futurist is still hated
Tired Moritz, Jonathan Fisk and AnonymousNarcotics tied for lead.

Blessing assigned by overall post count.

AnonymousNarcotics is blessed.
Retro Futurist is cursed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It is now Day 5.

Retro Futurist SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light has been killed in the night.

SCUM have secured a total victory over town.

AnonymousNarcotics SUNSHINE-ALIGNED light-absorber has been end-gamed.

IcePhoenix SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light has been end-gamed.

Xad SUNSHINE-ALIGNED guardian light has been end-gamed.

GulagDolls MOONLIGHT-ALIGNED ray of light has plunged the universe into total darkness.

Jonathan Fisk MOONLIGHT-ALIGNED ray of light has plunged the universe into total darkness.

Tired Moritz MOONLIGHT-ALIGNED light corrupter has plunged the universe into total darkness.

Better luck next time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Setup

Scum Chat

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 16, 2018

• Locked thread