Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Welcome aboard the USRSS Pequad.

The year is 2116. The United States Research Star Ship Pequad has been sent by the United States outer colonies on a research mission to the Delta-244 Star System about 36 light years from Earth. The nearby Biscot’s Rest Space Station sent the Pequad out on this voyage after satellites in this system detected a strange object floating through space.

You are all scientists and crew members aboard the USRSS Pequod.

After to making the voyage and locating the unidentified object, the crew brought the object into the research bay.

:orb:

:orb:

The object seemed to be a large orb-like capsule containing an inky-black liquid unlike anything that you have ever seen before. Initial scans show a molecular structure foreign to your systems. It is impossible to tell whether the liquid is living or simply some odd anomaly. Days go by of observing the object. Your fellow crew is becoming increasingly agitated. Some murmurs can be heard by those that wish to jettison the object back into space. Others talk about selling on the black market. Perhaps it is a gift of the gods and we should drink it!

:siren: The lights go out. Emergency sirens blare through ship. :siren:

A voice can be heard over the ship’s system, “This orb. This divine orb. God has bestowed upon us a means of ascendance. We shall not allow any to stand in the way of humanity’s evolution.”
Another voice breaks in, “Hey! Aren’t you supposed to be in the medical bay? You aren’t authorized to-UGH.”
The original voice returns, “Our captain, unfortunately, will not be joining the Ascendence. And sadly, neither will of all you.”

The comm system crackles to silence. The lights return. You all rush to the bridge to find -

Mordiceius, USRSS Crew-Aligned Captain, has been murdered N0.

Can you survive the Terror Aboard The USRSS Pequod?

Mord’s Rules and Information:
  • This is a game for 15 players.
  • This is a very role-lite mafia game. There are extremely limited night actions - i.e. there are no night actions beyond the killing.
  • This game is newbie friendly.
  • There are no nights in this game. Any night actions must be submitted before the end of the day.
  • Day 1 will start at 72 hours. Each following day will be 12 hours less in length, to a minimum of 24 hours.
  • No fake day actions.
  • Since there is no night cycle, posting after hammer is fine, though not if you are the one lynched (obviously).
  • No posting mod PMs/communication with the mod.
  • No editing posts.
  • No outside communication unless your role allows.
  • Don’t lurk. I’m not going to set any lurker requirements but just c’mon people, don’t lurk.
  • Your alignment isn’t guaranteed to remain static.
  • Don’t be a lovely person.

Player List
  1. angry armadillo
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. Atomic Soda
  4. CCKeane
  5. Dick Bastardly
  6. Hal Incandenza
  7. Harold Krell
  8. I R SMART LIKE ROCK
  9. Nutsack Rangoon
  10. Retro Futurist
  11. Sandwolf
  12. Somberbrero
  13. Straight White Shark
  14. Yami Fenrir
  15. zzyzx

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am such a non-lovely person

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes yes yes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Let's do this

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'd like to give this a shot.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Straight White Shark posted:

I'd like to give this a shot.

Better luck this time around

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
i will do this thing

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Xad posted:

i will do this thing

No you loving won't. <:mad:>

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

No you loving won't. <:mad:>

yeah ok

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I'll spectate tho

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Xad posted:

yeah ok

You're welcome to watch though. :D

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
I want to play

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I'd also like to play

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Currently at 6/15.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I bookmarked this thread but forgot to sign up, bring on the pain :twisted:

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'll be out of town and available sporadically this weekend, but if that's cool I'll jump in.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:toot:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'd like to play pls

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm busy and don't have it in me to pick up another game right now but I'll be observing! Good luck everyone.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Me!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello I am the vigilante.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I wil spectate

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Let's play some merf

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

14/15

Just need one more.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I've been reading old mafia games and am kind of interested. Is that slot still open?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I killed Keane.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

The captain is dead. One of you runs and deactivates the emergency sirens. They will be no help and only serve as a distraction.

Just who or what is this "Ascendence"? Who was that voice over the comm? What do they want with this ship and that orb?

A sense of dread washes over you. You have spent the last four years with this international crew of scientists. Just what the hell is going on? They all seemed trustworthy enough over the last four years, but apparently it was all for show.

Your eyes drift over to a warning sign in the distance.

Yes, this ship needs to be cleansed. You never really considered yourself one to get your hands dirty, but if it is your life or theirs, you can do what must be done - to save yourself, to save the others, to save humanity.

Day 1 of the terror has begun.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hello, new guy here. Please be gentle.

And by that I mean don't turbo me

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hello, new guy here. Please be gentle.

And by that I mean don't turbo me

use of strikethru is a classic scumtell

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

use of strikethru is a classic scumtell

Oh, hey, I remember your name. What ever happened to the Siralim 2 LP?

Abandoning LP's is a classic scumtell, too.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
We got dis

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh, hey, I remember your name. What ever happened to the Siralim 2 LP?

Abandoning LP's is a classic scumtell, too.

I'm working on starting it up again soon but the faster I get lynched the longer I will put it off

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm working on starting it up again soon but the faster I get lynched the longer I will put it off

Threatening people already, huh?

Scum detected.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote CCKeane

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't know if the nod to the possibility of alignment changing is confirming that as a mechanicn beyond the strong suggestion, but I imagine it's going to turn reads in their head in short order.

So confirming! Let's play some mafia.

I'm going to plot out my victory strategy now.

This is a 15 player game.

If there's alignment changing there is probably a cult or a recruiter with some limited ability with a vote control win condition.

There's almost guaranteed to be 1 3P

Probably a 2 to 4 player scum team. If it's less than 3 scum, possibility for 2 3P, a survivor alongside a recruiter mayhap.

No player reads yet obviously, but I'll be looking to see how things for within this initial speculation.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I don't know if the nod to the possibility of alignment changing is confirming that as a mechanicn beyond the strong suggestion, but I imagine it's going to turn reads in their head in short order.

So confirming! Let's play some mafia.

I'm going to plot out my victory strategy now.

This is a 15 player game.

If there's alignment changing there is probably a cult or a recruiter with some limited ability with a vote control win condition.

There's almost guaranteed to be 1 3P

Probably a 2 to 4 player scum team. If it's less than 3 scum, possibility for 2 3P, a survivor alongside a recruiter mayhap.

No player reads yet obviously, but I'll be looking to see how things for within this initial speculation.

I second this notion. The OP says "minimal night abilities", but specifically nods towards alignment changing. On top of this, the flavor for the d0 stuff is very cult-ish to begin with. It reminds me of System Shock 2 in a way. I am curious about having both night kills and recruiting on the same scum team though... Could be pretty powerful.

If there isn't more than one team, at least. Could be a cult and a scum team? I don't know. I don't have much experience with mafia, but cults usually don't have much in the way of kill abilities, right?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Yami Fenrir posted:

I second this notion. The OP says "minimal night abilities", but specifically nods towards alignment changing. On top of this, the flavor for the d0 stuff is very cult-ish to begin with. It reminds me of System Shock 2 in a way. I am curious about having both night kills and recruiting on the same scum team though... Could be pretty powerful.

If there isn't more than one team, at least. Could be a cult and a scum team? I don't know. I don't have much experience with mafia, but cults usually don't have much in the way of kill abilities, right?

It is important to mention that the OP also mentions that this is a very role-lite mafia game, so it can even be fathomed that there may be no way of recruiting people at all.

Likewise, there exists the slim possibility of there being more than one third-party team. Me thinks there is at least one serial killer role and even the possibility of a werewolf-like role where the player switches from third-party alignment to town/scum depending on whether it's day or night, but this is only an initial d0 guess. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Harold Krell posted:

It is important to mention that the OP also mentions that this is a very role-lite mafia game, so it can even be fathomed that there may be no way of recruiting people at all.

Likewise, there exists the slim possibility of there being more than one third-party team. Me thinks there is at least one serial killer role and even the possibility of a werewolf-like role where the player switches from third-party alignment to town/scum depending on whether it's day or night, but this is only an initial d0 guess. :)

Well, they did say there's no night phase, so I dunno how that would work, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless. Although given the apparent inability of town to defend himself, having two or more night kills might be a bit strong, as well?

I don't know. The whole "alignment changing" bit in the OP is just throwing me into a loop here.

• Locked thread