Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I don't know if the nod to the possibility of alignment changing is confirming that as a mechanicn beyond the strong suggestion, but I imagine it's going to turn reads in their head in short order.

So confirming! Let's play some mafia.

I'm going to plot out my victory strategy now.

This is a 15 player game.

If there's alignment changing there is probably a cult or a recruiter with some limited ability with a vote control win condition.

There's almost guaranteed to be 1 3P

Probably a 2 to 4 player scum team. If it's less than 3 scum, possibility for 2 3P, a survivor alongside a recruiter mayhap.

No player reads yet obviously, but I'll be looking to see how things for within this initial speculation.

##vote Harold

That seems too specific to be uninformed

:rolleyes:

Setup spec is usually a hallmark of scum discussion as it gives no inferences to alignment and generates the illusion of content, but all this is just silly. It strikes me as pointless at worse. It doesn't seem very fair to Krell to call them out on this point when you started the line of discussion. I presume you're just stirring the pot?

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning

i don't know how useful setup spec will be yet but i dont see krells or aas posts as suspicious yet. gives us content, if thats all they've focused on by tomorrow then it may start to look suss.

i did not get this read at all

with the cult stuff, we may be dealing with one but we also might be seeing changes to the general rule list as a result of dbz. time will tell all.

this is a total non-comment and I don't like it. Why, as town, would you feel the need to chime in with this? ##vote Atomic Soda

Dick Bastardly posted:

Is it because he hasn't checked in yet?

Dicky Bee this is clearly a joke.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Atomic Soda posted:

you're asking why i, as town, would post on the current topic of conversation? i'll break it down.

- i read aa's and krells comments on setup and i do not read either post as scum post at this stage, though its notable for aa to call krell out. i'm a bit suss of retro jumping on to vote krell

- i dont like irsmartlikerocks read of the krell post re: lurkers.

- during/after dbz there was some discussion of whether or not a general "this game may have alignment changes" note should be added to the general mafia rule set/op. i don't know whether this is the case this game or if we have alignment changes but given it was being discussed i thought i would note this.

i'm interested in why you think my post was a 'non-comment'.

Posting on the topic of conversation is one thing, but to post on the topic of conversation and not say anything meaningful about it is another.

as i'm typing this though i realize i'm being over-aggressive and misreading. mea culpa, retracted. i missed the original context of that smartrocks post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm really sorry for my absence, I'm having a full blown panic attack due to being overwhelmed by work and personal stuff. I know that's not an excuse, I'll try to get some good reads in tonight and get a handle on this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

This is a lot of words to say nothing.

I would think he had a point if you weren't also on Retro, it's not like you're just trying to distract from the conversation. That pinged my radar too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Retro Futurist posted:

My making a policy vote I’d make in any game is pinging you harder than anything anyone else has done?

You are tripling down on it without engaging much of the discussion.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

So you're admitting that I wasn't rolefishing? Then go on to throw shade at me? Like wtf is up with these posts

I think it's pretty clearly a joke.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The :rolleyes: emoticon tends to get tossed around by scum fairly often in this community.

As far as setup discussion goes, it is as much content as anything else on d1 and the heavy handed discrediting of it reflects poorly. Krell went into specific role information that seemed unconventional from the what I attempted to glean from the OP.

Seeing as you were recently SCUM in a game where I was TOWN, and you pressured me similarly, my antennae are raised.

I will say that in hindsight, the Krell vote wasn't a good one.

The small pile up on I R SMART LIKE ROCK looks bad. ROCK's comment was innocuous.

Okay, I realize that this is not a productive conversation, but because I was recently SCUM you're suspicious of me here? Also, why are we capitalizing alignments? Also also I think I pretty well evidenced why setup speculation is rarely a productive line of thought and while not necessarily being the behavior of a scum player, is useful to them.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi Somber, hope you are better!

I took three xanax so not so much better as outside of my loving eyeballs but it'll do.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Votes on DB are good votes, I think.

Yes, I agree, I was getting there but I got distracted by semantics.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay I don't know if I'll have time to check in before deadline and I feel good about voting DB. I feel like he's giving surface level reads that don't mean much of anything. ##vote Dick Bastardly

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

honestly dude if it gets you to participate, you can start on me now

you're being kind of a bulldog. i appreciate that, but you could also chill out. i think you called me out earlier, and yeah i have no clue what is happening right now. it's been like 24 hours since i last checked in, and frankly that's probably about the best i can do until my day off. life happens, and if you've played a game with rf ever i don't get how this is any different.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

No, but I am saying that two players who died had posted negatively about rock. I think rock may have killed one of them.

Might as well go for a smug called shot, I think it could be Rock killed AS, Yami killed Shark.

you must be Miranda Wright because this is BONKERS. throwing shade based off a night kill is unsubstantiatable in the best of circumstances but given all the crazy rear end bullshit that happened at end of day i dunno where you're coming from on this.

i'm not sure if that's scummy but i think it's a stretch at least.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

zzyzx posted:

Assuming you die, what do you think you'll flip?

zzyzx posted:

Any indication of what your win condition would be if you infected somebody?

these two points ping me because they were nowhere near the front of my mind. this seems very directed and almost transparently rolefishy. can you speak more on why you made these posts and what you hoped to accomplish zzyzx?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

it's bizarre to me that you seemingly entered the game just to make this point and then vanish. pot calling the kettle black here, but it doesn't seem like you're interested in scumhunting.

immediate scum reads here are nutsack and zzyzx. sandwolf and keane might merit further investigation but frankly my week is completely hosed and i'm not going to be the one to catch them if they're scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh, i missed two nutsack posts but i don't think they really change my read.

hey here's an idea, should we all claim? i don't think the normal drawbacks apply and, with apologies to the mod, sometimes these setups are easy for town to break with open information.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm here, trying to catch up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hm, that's underwhelming. i feel like rf and harold are both super lazy votes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why are we talking about aa? he's dying at end of day right? if he doesn't we just vote him tomorrow. maybe there's some other weird mechanic at play but we can't anticipate that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because what if letting him live into the night means another person gets whatever he has and the next person doesn’t tell us.

Do you think outside of that claim he’s been posting pretty townie? Because really that should be the criteria over a claim like this anyway

the key phrase there is 'what if.' it's a possibility but we can't just worry about what might happen.

##vote retro i don't see anything else happening.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
wait what ##vote nutsack i thought i had more time

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
we're losing i think

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote keane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My apologies to Mord, my team, and the rest of the players for my lack of participation. I should not have committed to this game.

• Locked thread