Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'd like to give this a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hello, new guy here. Please be gentle.

And by that I mean don't turbo me

use of strikethru is a classic scumtell

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh, hey, I remember your name. What ever happened to the Siralim 2 LP?

Abandoning LP's is a classic scumtell, too.

I'm working on starting it up again soon but the faster I get lynched the longer I will put it off

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
hello I am back and ready to shitpost

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dick Bastardly posted:

Just because I agree with a case that isn't my own doesn't make me scum by the way.

correct, it is your role pm that makes you scum

##vote Dick Bastardly

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

Commenting on a "2 man pileup" seems a bit strange. I don't think others found the comment quite as innocuous as they already stated, so this different opinion is weird.

Is this a pileup or isn't it? If the pressure on Rock is only coming from 2 people then a different opinion is not weird; if people are generally agreeing that Rock is suspicious it's not a mere "2-man" pileup. You can't have it both ways.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853693
AA is calling it a pileup, and I presumed it because of the two votes (well, mine and Atomic Soda's attempt at voting them.)

Which is especially curious to me since they didn't call out a pileup on Harold when two people insta-voted him.

What's your read on AA and Rock, Shark?

I tend to distrust meta reads, so in the fight between him and Somber I'm more inclined to trust Somber. But neither one has posted enough for me to make any firm conclusions.

Rock's posting is definitely weird. Among other things he's got back to back posts where he says he doesn't think we should believe in D1 claims then suggests we rely on claimed D1 power roles. I assume he's being sarcastic, but that doesn't come across well on forums and just generally isn't conducive to serious mafia play. I have a hard time reading any particularly scummy intent into his posts, though.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Yeah if you look at my post history this is just how I talk. I do honestly believe that we shouldn't trust D1 claims. Fakeclaiming is the key tool of a scum team to mislead other players into thinking they are town. D1 is always the hardest as town has the least amount of information and scum has the most. It's likely that we'll end up lynching a townie just due to the lopsided nature of town vs scum

yes I suppose it is likely that you will end up lynching a townie

##vote I R SMART LIKE ROCK

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
O did not realize deadline was in the morning. I should be around though.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

I don't know why this is even up for debate. The fact that I've not taken part in any other mafia games is verifable. But I know what you're trying to imply here, and I'm going to tell you why it's bullshit.

You're implying that I'm scum and being told what to post by another player. But you know why it's bogus? Because I post way too much for that. I'm constantly drawing attention to myself via posting, and I'm scumhunting. A scum teammate would be telling me to not be so incredibly obvious about being tutored, as well.

But let me tell you why I stick out to you so much.

Because you're scum, and know I'm not part on your team.

You and AA are the only ones to point out the contrast between the fact I'm new to mafia games, and how experienced my posting seems. I think that town would have noticed this *eventually*. But you two noticed it *immediately*. Is it because I'm *not* on the scum team?

I'm curious. Either way, Sandwolf's post history amounts to roughly this:

Even their prod towards me feels regurgiated from AA. If AA didn't tell them to do it, that is. The fact that AA went quiet after trying to jump on Harold does not sit well with me either. Did they realize their bandwagon attempt failed and are now trying to lay low?

Either way, Sandwolf is barely providing the illusion of content as is, and the only thing worthwhile they've done is their prodding of me. It took them two days to show up at all, and then all they do is throw shade at people. No casing, no real content, no real scumhunting.

Sandwolf is pinging my scumdar like crazy right now. ##vote Sandwolf

that'sa spicy-a OMGUSball-a :discourse:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm not inclined to vote for Yami right now because 1) I don't like to lynch presumed newbies D1 of their first game and 2) I have a tendency to mistake self-important town for scum but that's probably the scummiest post in the thread so far

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I don't like doing a million line by line quotes so I'm trying something different, sorry in advance if people hate it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
RF since you're around can you answer this question

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok so what in your mind is “scum DB” going to do then? This game he feels more fake than he usually does to me. I still don’t like AA either but in the interest of consolidating before I start work ##vote DB

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Retro Futurist posted:

Not sure, I’m not like a DB expert or anything, I just constantly see him getting killed for the same things

If he keeps doing scummy poo poo like chaining from one vague suspicion to another that's not a good reason to not lynch him for doing scummy poo poo.

I do read his vote on Nutsack as being pretty earnest, it's a pretty lonely vote and he's not really trying to start a bandwagon nor jump on one. But it's not really much more than a lurker vote so it's a fairly low risk play if he is scum.

We're coming up on deadline here and I'm not sure we actually have 8 votes present if another candidate emerges though

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm not familiar with Krell's history, does your policy vote have anything to do with him dropping off the face of the planet or does he usually do something else?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

We’re getting close to the end of day. I’ve been re-reading Nutsack’s post history and they’ve got 5 posts that aren’t the initial sign-ups. There’s a vote for AA, a couple of posts about joke phase then asking Yami what previous games they’ve read. There’s no casing or really any reads; this fells like putting up the illusion of participating and not town like behavior

##vote Nutsack Rangoon

Again, this is basically a lurker vote. sometimes that's not a terrible policy, but you haven't exactly been doing a lot of scumhunting yourself. you've been posting a lot but most of your posts are defenses of yourself or others, which feels more scummy than town.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I agree with this. I have no idea with DB is the vote leader right now, apart from their "I'm bad for the town anyways" Eeyore poo poo, I don't see any really scummy behavior.

I still think stuff like this is fairly bad

Dick Bastardly posted:

I see what you guys mean about IRSLR grasping to shade krell. Krell was (obviously, I think) stating that he/she values set-up spec posts over no posts, and would rather do the former versus the latter. But IRSLR somehow tries to twist that against krell by making it look like a lurker call out.

Interesting.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm suss of krell for the oddly specific set-up spec, IRSLR for his twisting of krell's response (could be bussing, who knows) and now this guy/gal:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I'm not sure I can speak for RF but isn't that exactly what he's accusing zzyzx of doing as well? Mischaracterizing his vote?

you lost me? I'm suspicious of DB for his non-votes

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Theoretically if 1 more person shows up Nutsack becomes a viable candidate, but I'd still prefer to vote someone who's been actively posting scummy stuff than a lurker.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
any last words?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
##vote Dick Bastardly

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
:redhammer:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

[*]Since there is no night cycle, posting after hammer is fine, though not if you are the one lynched (obviously).

o wait

:justpost:

shitpost away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
t:ghost:t suck my ghost dick zealots

• Locked thread