Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'll be out of town and available sporadically this weekend, but if that's cool I'll jump in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote CCKeane

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

Got my role. Yeah, seems to be a lot of setup spec going on.

I agree this is pretty specific for the incredible lack of solid info town would have at this point.

It all follows pretty logically from the OP. Mord has years' worth of modded games tracked on votefinder and none of them appear to include language about shifting alignments, so that's probably significant. Cults are the standard way to switch alignments, and most likely in a game described as very light on roles. There is at least one nightkill, and no other night actions, which means that anything that switches alignments does so in a way other than a night action.

Could also be a red herring and it's just votes and nightkills, but there's nothing that seems out of place in the train of thought.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Keane, on the other hand, has a very guilty look about him. We should vote for him.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mostly the first one

AA's vote is dumb, but I'd vote for DB's post immediately following it. I don't like the way he takes the vote and softly me-toos it, and it tries to play up the "incredible lack of information" in a way that sounds fake.

Retro's follow-up is also bad, but more easily played off as a joke. All three are worth keeping in mind, really.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Hey, can you explain this a bit? At the point in time that you had voted for CCKean. They had only made this post. Which I thought was a joke post:

After thoughtful consideration, he said he has the most powerful town role, and only a doofus would want to lynch a powerful town role.

##unvote
##vote Dick Bastardly

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Whatcha thinking about RF?

It's a terrible vote, but I was kind of expecting retro to run with the vote for a while, and then say it was a joke and move on, and I would have believed that based on the timing and the content, and voted him after Dick or AA. He says the terrible vote was actually serious, so there's that.

Votefinder tells me retro is Opop with glasses and a fake nose, and I could see opop running with the vote based on nothing, or holding a grudge for who knows what. The terribleness of the vote doesn't change, though he's still not my first choice.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I could be swayed, what's the argument?

DB is trying for the same angle that Retro tried for, and their posts are suspicious for some of the same reasons: attacks on Krell after he made some odd (but harmless) speculation that probably looked easy to capitalize on.

AA starts the discussion about setup spec, and I don't necessarily see a scum strategy in the way that he opens the discussion, and then pretty much immediately goes "gotcha" to one of the first responses to him. Strikes me as over-eagerness more than a trap sprung. Once the lifting is done, though, DB and Retro both try to slide into place behind him. Unlike Retro's post, DB feels around for momentum in a very non-committal way, so that he can remain suspicious of Krell, or (if that doesn't work) the people attacking Krell, and end up pointing whichever way the wind blows.

DB posted:

I see what you guys mean about IRSLR grasping to shade krell. Krell was (obviously, I think) stating that he/she values set-up spec posts over no posts, and would rather do the former versus the latter. But IRSLR somehow tries to twist that against krell by making it look like a lurker call out.

Interesting.

DB posted:

I'm suss of krell for the oddly specific set-up spec, IRSLR for his twisting of krell's response (could be bussing, who knows) and now this guy/gal:

The rest of it is asking people if they're scum and helpfully pointing that out the power role claims are jokes.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

some anything

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Straight White Shark was pursuing them early, straight white shark seems to be an unusual kill and that seems sensible.

An additional.possibility is that it's Yami.

Rock struck me as very, very new on d1, which doesn't preclude him being scum, but he certainly didn't sound like he was getting advice from anyone, either.

Shark may have just been because of that weird case formatting thing he tried doing.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I have information to share.

There is a regular scum team the rebels, insurgents or w.e. They were called. Those are your scum. There are probably 2 of them.

The other team is less of a team and more of a contagion... I have been infected and am jettisoning myself from airlock so that my pestilence doesn't spread.

Find the space terrorists and beat them, that's your maf game.

*closes door behind airlock dramatically*

Do you think AS would have known about this before he died?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

It sounds like the same thing that killed AS, but AS never mentions it.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Assuming you die, what do you think you'll flip?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Any indication of what your win condition would be if you infected somebody?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

these two points ping me because they were nowhere near the front of my mind. this seems very directed and almost transparently rolefishy. can you speak more on why you made these posts and what you hoped to accomplish zzyzx?

To a) figure out if AA is given any indication that his flip would be obscured via airlocking like Atomic's was, or if his role had been changed; and b) identify exactly what the third-party win condition would be. At the moment I'm mostly curious about whether Atomic was an origin or an initial target; and if an initial target (which is where I'm leaning), what role he started with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'd be okay voting Retro and wouldn't fight against AA very hard.

Retro's going to vote Krell again tomorrow, and then again the day after that, and generally use it as an excuse not to do much else. I'd prefer this one.

I don't disbelieve AA's claim, but it sounds like (if true) he's going to die anyway. Lynching him may keep an extra player alive, guarantee a flip that's not obscured, and prevent any potential shenanigans with the claim we don't know about.

• Locked thread