Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
It's cool because I can get my quarter pounder now without ever having to talk to another human being

I'm glad modern technology is making living with crippling social anxiety easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

Macnult

can't press the ice cream button because that part of the screen is cracked

alnilam

*selects spanish language on the kiosk*

*receives extra portion of fries*

*bats eyes at the cute kiosk*

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Man I just woke up and mistead the thread title as "my local McDonald's has me self touching" add tight his thread was gonna go in a whole other direction

ZogrimAteMyHamster

Oh I hate these things every time I've used them (just the once I admit) I had to stand around like a loving fool waiting for what seemed like forever while the helmets who were supposed to be taking notice of these orders clearly did the exact opposite of taking notice.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
This is cool because now only robots will spit in my food

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Splatmaster posted:

This is cool because now only robots will spit in my food

Robo Ronald sets the burger onto the precision scale. 0.25173 lbs. Robo Ronalds finger elements switch to scalpel and tweezers mode. The shiny metal implements carve a tiny portion from the burger. The scale now reads 0.25000 lbs. The quarter pounder is now complete. The next customer orders chicken mcnuggets. Robo Ronald advances towards the chicken coop. His eyes glow red. His body shifts to mince mode.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

hot cocoa on the couch

Jolo posted:

Robo Ronald sets the burger onto the precision scale. 0.25173 lbs. Robo Ronalds finger elements switch to scalpel and tweezers mode. The shiny metal implements carve a tiny portion from the burger. The scale now reads 0.25000 lbs. The quarter pounder is now complete. The next customer orders chicken mcnuggets. Robo Ronald advances towards the chicken coop. His eyes glow red. His body shifts to mince mode.

lol

but for real tho this post isn’t even a joke

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
This is the first step in transforming the brand from the Golden Arches to the Uncanny Valley.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Has anybody ever run into a McDonald`s talking trash can? Rolled into a McD's like 7 years ago after a long night of getting & and when we went to throw our trash out it started talking and smooshed the trash.

Jolo

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Has anybody ever run into a McDonald`s talking trash can? Rolled into a McD's like 7 years ago after a long night of getting & and when we went to throw our trash out it started talking and smooshed the trash.

you son of a bitch, that was Grimace's mouth and he was trying to be your friend. you're the real monster.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

TVsVeryOwn posted:

that was me and i feel personally attacked

TOOT BOOT

brb, ordering a diet coke with pickles

google THIS

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I'm glad modern technology is making living with crippling social anxiety easier

I thought this too until the first time the screen flashed "ENJOY YOUR MEAL" and I reflexively yelled "You too!" and the other screens chuckled robotically.

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remember using some of these at a Jack in the Box maybe? It was like 15 or 20 years ago and they sucked rear end.

Was it good?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i hadn't eaten mickey d's in years and then had some to cheer myself up after my dog had to be youthenized (fyi this means the exact OPPOSITE of what it sounds like, btw!!) and i go inside and there's a massive iPad there for me to poke my order out upon it. i ordered a 10pc. chix nuggies, and received 10 and 1/2 chix nuggies! didn't exactly make up for the vet getting my hopes up for a benji buttons'ed dog, but it was still pretty swell

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey what's the deal with the parking spaces that are like "park and order your meal on the mcdonalds app, we'll bring it out to you", why do those exist? isn't the entire point of the drive through to get food into people's car? do some people feel weird about going through the drive through then parking in a parking space because they want to eat in their car? (I always think that's super fun, like you're getting away with something) I guess maybe if there's a lot of people getting food and you're conscientious about holding up the drive through it might make sense???

has anybody ever used one?

edit: maybe you can order ahead?, is that it? isn't that the entire point of fast food though that you don't have to order ahead?

----------------

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I think the spaces might be a response to people feeling guilty about idling in long drive through lines.

Lauroon Kyanka

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
big mcthankies from mcspankies

----------------

Waterbed Wendy
Will the clowncook touch my american dollars? Can he sense my fervid dread on the other side of the screen? Why won't it look at me?

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Gatekeeper posted:

i hadn't eaten mickey d's in years and then had some to cheer myself up after my dog had to be youthenized (fyi this means the exact OPPOSITE of what it sounds like, btw!!) and i go inside and there's a massive iPad there for me to poke my order out upon it. i ordered a 10pc. chix nuggies, and received 10 and 1/2 chix nuggies! didn't exactly make up for the vet getting my hopes up for a benji buttons'ed dog, but it was still pretty swell

when we put our last dog down we stopped at a McDonald's drive thru on the way and got him a plain hamburger with no condiments and a vanilla ice cream cone.

a good last meal for a good boy

Twenty Four

Chasterson posted:

Hey what's the deal with the parking spaces that are like "park and order your meal on the mcdonalds app, we'll bring it out to you", why do those exist? isn't the entire point of the drive through to get food into people's car? do some people feel weird about going through the drive through then parking in a parking space because they want to eat in their car? (I always think that's super fun, like you're getting away with something) I guess maybe if there's a lot of people getting food and you're conscientious about holding up the drive through it might make sense???

has anybody ever used one?

edit: maybe you can order ahead?, is that it? isn't that the entire point of fast food though that you don't have to order ahead?

I know some of those spots are the ones they tell you to pull forward out of the drive through and wait and they will bring your food out if the order is going to take longer then usual.

Like if you order 5 double quarter pounders, 2 chicken sandwiches, 6 orders of fries, and 6 milkshakes. Meanwhile I am behind you in line and I just ordered a cheeseburger. They sometimes ask the person who ordered so much food to pull into one of those spots and wait there so they can just hand me my cheeseburger real quick and I can leave without waiting on you. I've also had them have me wait in one of those spots because like, they ran out of fries and forgot to make more or something.

Basically trying to keep fast food as fast as possible for as many people as they can.

Maybe they do something with online ordering and apps too but I don't know about that.

Jolo

I've started touching the cashiers directly just to see how they react. Most of them respond to touch. Wanna know how they react?

Ba da ba ba ba, not lovin' it

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Jolo posted:

I've started touching the cashiers directly just to see how they react. Most of them respond to touch. Wanna know how they react?

Ba da ba ba ba, not lovin' it

lol

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

alnilam posted:

*selects spanish language on the kiosk*

*receives extra portion of fries*

*bats eyes at the cute kiosk*

This is not receiving the love it deserves.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
suggested they make the mcdonalds drive thru a slightly declining grade, imagine how much gas could be saved if everyone just coasted in drive thrus with the engine off, right?

well, good news!

My local McDonald's has the touch screen self-ordering kiosks now

Slugnoid

but how are parents going to scare their kids into graduating high school now?

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Technology is destroying the quality of human interaction.

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
We should be spending more time with our friends, our families, and the cashier. These relationships are important, and we need to make them count.

Elephant Ambush

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
i hate the kiosks simply because they're way slower than talking to a person and i don't want to spend any more time ordering and receiving lovely fast food than i have to

----------------

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Elephant Ambush posted:

i hate the kiosks simply because they're way slower than talking to a person and i don't want to spend any more time ordering and receiving lovely fast food than i have to

Youre not hitting the buttons fast enough!!!!--

girl dick energy

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

A Bad King posted:

Technology is destroying the quality of human interaction.
but thankfully sa is here to pick up the slack

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
As kiosks become more popular, the cashiers start to take off their human makeup, revealing their clown skin underneath. This gradually leads to more acceptance until one day, you realise the guy you sat next to on the bus for 5 years was a clown all along.
And you’re glad he can finally be himself.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Bacon Taco posted:

This is not receiving the love it deserves.

I can process hundreds of customizations for 145 different menu items in over 14,000 United States McDonald's locations but I cannot process this order you call... "love."

Jaded Burnout

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Youre not hitting the buttons fast enough!!!!--

Yah, when I was ordering that poo poo every day (ugh) I had my order down real quick on those things.

Jolo

Old man gripe for the thread is that these sound like an extension of the dang Coke Freestyle machines that are everywhere now. The first time I saw one I thought it was cool, but now I see it and just know I'm gonna wait behind 3 people using it and it's going to take 20 minutes to get some dang soda.

Jaded Burnout

Jolo posted:

Old man gripe for the thread is that these sound like an extension of the dang Coke Freestyle machines that are everywhere now. The first time I saw one I thought it was cool, but now I see it and just know I'm gonna wait behind 3 people using it and it's going to take 20 minutes to get some dang soda.

Yes that is exactly the right analogy, except they're double-sided and there's usually half a dozen in the place, so it's fine.

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I held a tape recorder with the sound of a debit card tapping up to the machine and now McDonald's owes me infinite nuggets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

Jedrick posted:

infinity nuggets.

I love that film

• Locked thread