Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He was a rapist/murderer in California in the 70s. There's a press conference at noon (6 hours after this post) where more info will be announced. Internet chatter says it was a former cop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_State_Killer

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joseph-james-deangelo-is-suspect-in-golden-state-killer-case-according-to-co-author-of-ill-be-gone-in-the-dark

quote:

Police in California say they believe they have found the notorious Golden State Killer—the man investigators say is responsible for 12 homicides, 45 rapes, and 120 home burglaries.

Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, was arrested overnight on two murder charges and is thought to be linked to the case, said Billy Jensen, one of the writers responsible for researching and publishing I’ll Be Gone in the Dark. The case received renewed media attention this year after the book, written by late Michelle McNamara, was finally published after years of McNamara’s obsessive research on the killer, thanks to her husband Patton Oswalt, Jensen, and researcher Paul Haynes.

Jail records show that DeAngelo, who was arrested by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, is ineligible for bail. The warrant was issued by Ventura County.

Jensen told The Daily Beast that DeAngelo is not the “confirmed” man responsible, but that “it looks good.” Police will hold a press conference at noon Wednesday in Sacramento to announce the breakthrough in the case.

edited with better article with the guy's name.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
It is about time Patton Oswalt was taken off the streets

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How are you still posting from jail OP?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How are you still posting from jail OP?

It's the EAST area rapist.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently he's an ex cop that was once arrested for stealing dog repellent and a hammer. :stonk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Apparently he's an ex cop that was once arrested for stealing dog repellent and a hammer. :stonk:

Cops knew

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
wow they used to hold cops responsible for their actions...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

EX250 Type R posted:

It is about time Patton Oswalt was taken off the streets

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
I don't think this is the right guy at all guys.

They got an innocent man.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

This poor gently caress is a Patsy, nothing more. Im certain he conveniently overdoses on fentanyl in his cell, reduced to another cleaned up loose end in a larger monster's saga.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I still think Original Night Stalker is a way better name than Golden State Killer :shrug:

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

There are forces at play in the firmament of reality and we are but fish unaware of the water we swim in, unaware of the corpulent hands poised above the surface ready to claim another trophy

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I've been following the multi-episode documentary about this. They have tons of DNA from numerous crime scenes, so if it's him he's done!

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Cantaloupe posted:

I still think Original Night Stalker is a way better name than Golden State Killer :shrug:

The guy did a couple of crimes where he left the victims alive, and their description of him from the waist down got him another nickname; BDK, the Baby-Dick Killer. Dude has a micropenis, apparently.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Kazak posted:

There are forces at play in the firmament of reality and we are but fish unaware of the water we swim in, unaware of the corpulent hands poised above the surface ready to claim another trophy

wtf does corpulent even mean??

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jikes posted:

The guy did a couple of crimes where he left the victims alive, and their description of him from the waist down got him another nickname; BDK, the Baby-Dick Killer. Dude has a micropenis, apparently.

Well I'm glad he got caught so I can start my own killing spree as the Baby-Dick Killer. I kill men with baby dicks

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

quote:

The following physical characteristics are considered probable, but not necessarily factual. Only a small minority of victims described the perpetrator differently:

18–25 years old when the rapes began in 1976

Blond or brown hair

Blue or light-colored eyes

Penis size frequently described as "small" or "smaller than average"

If the perpetrator is still alive, he is believed to be between the ages of 60 and 75.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Saw the multi episode HLN Unmasking a Killer earlier this year, was expecting the documentary to end with his arrest but was surprised that he was never caught.

One of the rapes was of a wife of a guy who stood up at a town hall meeting yelling about how could anyone let them attack their wives in their own home and how he would never let that happen. (Rapist was believed to be in attendance.)

The rapist dude actually called some of his former victims in the 2000's and taunted them.

Anyway, he was also know as the "East Bay Rapist," so I guess now I learned how East Bay Ray got his name.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

CharlestonJew posted:

Well I'm glad he got caught so I can start my own killing spree as the Baby-Dick Killer. I kill men with baby dicks

All that research finally pays off.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

wtf does corpulent even mean??

It means fat. The unknowable with insatiable appetites take on corporeal forms befitting their gluttonous essence.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Maldoror posted:

One of the rapes was of a wife of a guy who stood up at a town hall meeting yelling about how could anyone let them attack their wives in their own home and how he would never let that happen. (Rapist was believed to be in attendance.)

lol he sure must have felt bamboozled

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rakosi posted:

lol he sure must have felt bamboozled

that guy's a sick rapist and a complete monster but he knew the opportunity for a sick own when he saw one

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

allegedly

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Kazak posted:

It means fat. The unknowable with insatiable appetites take on corporeal forms befitting their gluttonous essence.

Super mario bros the movie taught me that word. True story.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
The messages he left on the victim’s answering machine :stonk:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Patton Oswalt's dead wife wrote a book about this that I'm currently reading.

IT ALL FITS TOGETHER

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gum posted:

Cops knew

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I cant believe that Patton’s getting away with it again.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao of course it was a former cop

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, overall: ex-cop, rapist, old and feeble.

He's gonna have one heck of a time in prison.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Maldoror posted:

Apparently there's photos of everyone at that meeting. Does anybody have it? We can see if he's in there.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Maldoror posted:

That story is unlikely to be true. One of the co-authors of McNamara's book said the picture that is frequently pointed to wasn't the right meeting and he doubts it happened.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Gum posted:

Cops knew

:pigoff:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

jfc people are really upset over Kevin Durant

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a policeman who rapes steals and murders? :vince:

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

no rape has been proven yet

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The original incel. It's true.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

What kind of loving dumbass calls his victims years later to torment them. I suppose this guy still isn't as dumb as "you can't trace me if I do this, right?" BTK.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Rakosi posted:

no rape has been proven yet

you're working that gimmick pretty hard these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
pfffft