Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wrageowrapper posted:

Pretty sure after next week all the games will be at 12 and 4am so kinda pointless for live streaming.

Yeah, but I think the final starts at 1am which is watchable, unlike the UCL final that started at 3am or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
If only we had some sort of national broadband network

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Also:

"Optus has made a decision to leave its app and sport streaming services free and open to everyone in Australia for the remainder of the World Cup and through to August 31. The telco says Australians who have already paid for the service will receive full refunds. That move would allow Australian sport streamers to also get the opening few weeks of the 2018-19 English Premier League season free through Optus."

From some news article quoted on Ozbargain

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Wow Floptus, that's an expensive lesson learned. I wonder how much combined money they'll lose with both the initial cost of the rights, and the subscription and advertising package refunds.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Fanatic posted:

Wow Floptus, that's an expensive lesson learned. I wonder how much combined money they'll lose with both the initial cost of the rights, and the subscription and advertising package refunds.

not enough

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
we gonna use that grey tool to separate the lego men tonight

cuuuuunt

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
we are gonna use that chinese knockoff lego that doesn't fit properly to dismantle their defence

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

up the mooys

https://twitter.com/CheapPanini/status/1007935279607447552

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
loving owns

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
mooy... is good

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jedinak and Mooy are the best part of the team, right?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

algebra testes posted:

Jedinak and Mooy are the best part of the team, right?

yeah, plus sainsbury and ryan

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
What about Caltex Tim

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

a real chump posted:

What about Caltex Tim

who

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

older bloke in this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6yg4ImnYwA

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So are we winning tonight or getting laughed out of the cup again?

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
I'm guessing laughed at because even if we win we are Australian which is just inherently funny.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Rogic should be the best player in the team, but for some reason he never turns it on for Australia. It’s probably Scotland’s fault.

I'm 100% hoping to be wrong tonight. Choke on your Jarlsberg, Danes.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Big Timmy to score an 88th minute header

3-1 denmark

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Beffer posted:

Rogic should be the best player in the team, but for some reason he never turns it on for Australia. It’s probably Scotland’s fault.

I'm 100% hoping to be wrong tonight. Choke on your Jarlsberg, Danes.

rogic needs space which he gets at celtic because the scottish league is quite bad

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
australia are going home from the world cup thread 2018

edit: im gonna eat my words if we tie this game

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
So what is everyones back-up team?
I'm thinking Senegal for the underdog angle.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Optus Actually Has An "Ethnic Dad" Segment And People Have Thoughts

Optus, the telecommunications company you may have seen in the news lately following its disastrous World Cup coverage, has drawn the ire of more subscribers for a series of "Ethnic Dad" segments that are...well...a bit much.

https://twitter.com/OptusSport/status/1009030773817556992

Featuring the comedic work of a group of guys known as Sooshi Mango, there are so far two "Ethnic Dad" segments available on the platform's sports streaming service.

Yesterday – only a day after it had to give up the rights for broadcasting the World Cup for 48 hours to free to air network SBS while it sorted its poo poo out – Optus Sport tweeted out an Ethnic Dad segment which featured the ethnic dad "Johnny" saying things like how he would like the super power to "Make-a love better to my wife."

Wednesday evening will be Optus' make-or-break moment as it once again has sole rights to stream every game of the tournament.

Oh, and ethnic dad Johnny also said he would like to play in the goalkeeper position because "he like-a touch-a the balls".

https://www.buzzfeed.com/bradesposito/optus-ethnic-dads?utm_term=.eizL5x9qZ#.fvMXEY92w

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I've always been a German fan.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

its marginally less racist that chris lilley, so that's a positive i guess

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Well a point wasn't the best result, but we're still alive. The France v Peru match doesn't even matter either, we just need to beat Peru, and France to beat Denmark, by a combined 3 goals.

Also we need for Kruse to not be seen again. I've been wondering for at least 2 years how he keeps getting a game when he can't shoot or cross, at all, and nothing has changed. I assumed he was an Ange favourite but the new guy is playing him too.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Well a point wasn't the best result, but we're still alive. The France v Peru match doesn't even matter either, we just need to beat Peru, and France to beat Denmark, by a combined 3 goals.

Also we need for Kruse to not be seen again. I've been wondering for at least 2 years how he keeps getting a game when he can't shoot or cross, at all, and nothing has changed. I assumed he was an Ange favourite but the new guy is playing him too.

Alternately if France don't win today and Denmark beat France then you just need to beat Peru, there's more than one way out!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

We're gonna have to put 2+ past Peru because Denmark has a stingy defence and France is dysfunctional going forward

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it’s fascinating seeing all the commentary bemoaning our finishing like the writers didn’t watch us absolutely struggle to break down inferior opponents in qualifying.

the lads have played well and to their abilities, and here’s hoping kruse and juric get novichok’d before the next game.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Well i mean its not like they're wrong . We have very little going on not just on the last touch, but the second to last touch is pretty lacking too.
i think it was fairly obvious from quals that we were going to struggle to score a goal at this world cup. two handball penalties makes us seem better than we were, even if we played pretty well from defense and defensive midfield most of the time its hard to feel aggrieved too badly at the results when you cant score goals form free play.

juric is rubbish and kruse is bad on the ball but at least works hard?? iono both are bad

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Both wings get a shitload of ball, Leckie can hack it but Kruse is rubbish. The edges looked way more composed when Arzani came on and it eased some pressure on Leckie as well.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i hope mclaren gets a go now that nabout's shoulder exploded. better option than jacko

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

It's true

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ahahaha yup

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Raged posted:

It's true

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

https://twitter.com/CapitalFootball/status/1010798000661131265
hehe

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Good speed down the centre but a bit aimless, not great touches either.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Welp we are still crap at football.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay