Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't want to have to tell people i'm not a nazi if when they find all the retrowave on my pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
perturbator's sucks music SUCKS rear end

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the only thing synthwave artists like more than the alt right is dedicating their songs and albums to cops

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shut the gently caress up and embrace laborwave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOYlv1pey4k

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

turning communism into a stupid rear end aesthetic is bad

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

i fuckign LOVE twitter meme pages where stalin smokes weed (420!) and i loving LOVE jackoff nostalgia garbage music with a red star painted on top and i loving LOVE mcdonalds and coca cola

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
please brainstorm ideas so no will think i'm racist if i play a 80s song in my car

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Algund Eenboom posted:

i loving LOVE mcdonalds and coca cola

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Algund Eenboom posted:

i fuckign LOVE twitter meme pages where stalin smokes weed (420!) and i loving LOVE jackoff nostalgia garbage music with a red star painted on top and i loving LOVE mcdonalds and coca cola

The post you're homaging is one of the top five of all time

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Algund Eenboom posted:

turning communism into a stupid rear end aesthetic is bad

shut the gently caress up cop

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The post you're homaging is one of the top five of all time

it's a good post, OP

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Is this about Toto Africa

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Algund Eenboom posted:

i loving LOVE mcdonalds and coca cola

an ice cold, perfectly mixed, fresh coca cola is quite a treat tbqh

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/ONKi2S6YBSU

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
Witch House aesthetics are much cooler IMO

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Pomp posted:

please brainstorm ideas so no will think i'm racist if i play a 80s song in my car

All of my ideas lead to the suggestion that you shouldn't be racist if you don't want people to think you're racist

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm racist so that's not gonna work

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I like perturbator and I have new balance shoes and Im waiting for the third strike where I just accidentally turn into a nazi

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
you hear a knock on your door. its the pc police and they have a warrant. "we have reason to believe you liked a problematic video"

this is the future liberals want

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
I walk into a bar wearing a sweet jean jacket and shades and put Kavinsky on the fukken juke box

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4E4kjQIw6M

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Perturbator hasn't been cool in at least three years OP

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Never again
Is what you swore
The time before

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J2OlIpQgF8

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm tired of this fake 80s knockoff poo poo. no wonder fascists like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZUD1HyKsA

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://youtu.be/8EGYVS7jUn8

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

you know you can embed videos on the app using the bb code button right

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

People who aren't old enough to remember the '80s need to stop jacking it over them. The '80s were NOT GOOD.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Jose posted:

you know you can embed videos on the app using the bb code button right

i do now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqTFbQlQzYA

Molestationary Store posted:

The '80s were NOT GOOD.

lots of bad poo poo happens every decade, the 80s had excellent movies and music

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm trying to find this dark synth music video that's like, far future cyberpunk with a lot of Japanese motif? Lots of red and black. I don't remember who did it, I just remember the beat. I know this might not actually narrow it down much for this genre.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The whole point of retrowave is the return of the cynical and ruthless corporatism of the 80s after the end of history of the 90s, its supposes to be a send up.

What else am i gong to listen to?

Metal? Where manchildren destroy themselves and your ears, to create ugly and unlistenable trash?

Pop? Where some medicire vocalists complain about their petty bullshit while pitch shifted?

Indie? Where some pretentious hipsters strums artlessly while straining their voice annoyingly, as if a much better musician is going to leap out of their throat?

No, i need good electronic music.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

listen to old country you fuckin idiot

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm trying to find this dark synth music video that's like, far future cyberpunk with a lot of Japanese motif? Lots of red and black. I don't remember who did it, I just remember the beat. I know this might not actually narrow it down much for this genre.

sigue sigue sputnik-love missile f1-11?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

The whole point of retrowave is the return of the cynical and ruthless corporatism of the 80s after the end of history of the 90s, its supposes to be a send up..

it like every other retro thing is revisionist garbage meant to smooth over the idiosyncrasies and human elements of the past in service of building a false nostalgia

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted:

sigue sigue sputnik-love missile f1-11?

No, but I've never seen the video for that and it rules.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Is Carpenter Brut still acceptable or is it also fash now?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

rudatron posted:

The whole point of retrowave is the return of the cynical and ruthless corporatism of the 80s after the end of history of the 90s, its supposes to be a send up.

Metal? Where manchildren destroy themselves and your ears, to create ugly and unlistenable trash?

Pop? Where some medicire vocalists complain about their petty bullshit while pitch shifted?

Indie? Where some pretentious hipsters strums artlessly while straining their voice annoyingly, as if a much better musician is going to leap out of their throat?

Yeah I like aphex twin as well op

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

rudatron posted:

shut the gently caress up and play some loving slayer

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I perturbate into towels to relieve stress, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'm tired of this fake 80s knockoff poo poo. no wonder fascists like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZUD1HyKsA

• Locked thread