Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
In their houses?

It's loving disgusting you're walking all over, you're in public bathrooms where people piss and poo poo on the floors, outside walking where a dog took a dump, and that's not even talking about how uncomfortable it is to have shoes on all day.

Can some american explain this to me because i'm at a loss for any sort of benefit to this, take your drat rear end shoes off at the door you don't live in a barn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
We have smelly and ugly feet.

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

i don't

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I have a roomba and I mop my hardwood floors on the reg.

suck it!!!!

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

on the contrary op, the only people i know that wear shoes in their homes are europeans, which fits with all deodorantless stereotypes there are of euros

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Macasaurus posted:

on the contrary op, the only people i know that wear shoes in their homes are europeans, which fits with all deodorantless stereotypes there are of euros

maybe you just don't know enough people because from what i understand it's quite common in the USA

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I don't know anyone who does this.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
Uh oh here come the Europeans to school America on hygiene.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
do you guys just sit around all day trying to think of something to pretend to be curmudgeonly about for the sole purpose of making a gbs thread about it with weird nationalist baiting

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

england and russia are especially european

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Because we are constantly kicking rear end.

Ever try kicking something barefoot?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the best part of europe is all the american military bases

The_end
May 17, 2014
I have shoes for inside and outside like Mr Rogers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
People hosed on that floor, I'm not gonna walk on that without shoes

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
Oh man this thread again :allears:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Don't want gunpowder and DNA all over my feet, obv

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Feet are grosser than dirt I guess. :shrug:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i wear my shoes wherever i want. this is america BITCH

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My floor is made of dirt

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I wear Armani loafers and am stylish, yet European.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
According to the Scarface: The World Is Yours game on the ps2, Tony Montana states that when he was 16, he had to join Castro's army just to get some shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb9UUQqRhjI&t=75s

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The_end posted:

I wear crocs in the house. And sweatpants. I'm a sexy boy

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 25, 2018

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

i wear my shoes wherever i want. this is america BITCH

Even to bed? Even surfing? Even in the shower? :thunk:

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
Because we invented vacuum cleaners, carpet shampooers, Pine Sol, the and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Squirty Mop, while the rest of the world invented getting frostbite in your own house like we're still cavemen.

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

Awfuly big assumption thinking my house is cleaner than a public restroom OP.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Hobologist posted:

Because we invented vacuum cleaners, carpet shampooers, Pine Sol, the and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Squirty Mop, while the rest of the world invented getting frostbite in your own house like a common peasant.

Or just wear in-door slippers like normal people do?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

rear end posted:

Or just wear in-door slippers like normal people do?

That sounds really beta

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Burt Sexual posted:

That sounds really beta

You should get out of the echoey room you're in.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
speak for yourself the katana is not the only supreme import i own - culture, from the japonaise, i also obtained. when i walk indoors i take my shoes off, as well as my socks i think. saw it in a movie once. i also bow after sex, or at least i plan to.

and for you ignorant fat cats wearing your tennis shoes indoors- japonaise is the french word for 'anime women'.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Extra Large Marge posted:

My floor is made of dirt

Mostly, yeah.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

That sounds really beta

slippers own you poor, poor, neglected soul.

slippers and a robe, boomshakalaka

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hobologist posted:

Because we invented vacuum cleaners, carpet shampooers, Pine Sol, the and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Squirty Mop, while the rest of the world invented getting frostbite in your own house like we're still cavemen.

I too would rather do ten times as much cleaning vs just having indoor slippers or whatever

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I'm basically barefoot from the time I get home. I occasionally wear socks if it's cold. I don't know anyone who wears shoes around the house. Where are you even getting this

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Do it ironically posted:

In their houses?

It's loving disgusting you're walking all over, you're in public bathrooms where people piss and poo poo on the floors, outside walking where a dog took a dump, and that's not even talking about how uncomfortable it is to have shoes on all day.

Can some american explain this to me because i'm at a loss for any sort of benefit to this, take your drat rear end shoes off at the door you don't live in a barn!

Hello person from teeny tiny country who thinks the hugemassive country with dozens of totally different climates and terrain all do the same things with regards to their houses and shoes.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I wear my shoes to bed. I don’t ever take them off.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Do it ironically posted:

maybe you just don't know enough people because from what i understand it's quite common in the USA

And maybe you don't know enough Europeans? I've been countries in the EU where people looked at me like I was insane for taking off my shoes when I entered their home.
But then again this was a Mediterranean climate bordering on arid. Whereas you I imagine are from one of those depressing grey bog countries.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

Sometimes I forget to take them off and I notice and take them off and my feet feel amazing so that's my shoe story.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

The_end posted:

this is the correctest way of living

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

:lol: if you wear loving shoes in your house you filthy cunts. I take mine off at the door and walk around in socks if it's cold, otherwise I just barefoot it.

:australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Here are some whiny articles by people with horrid feet offended at the idea of taking off your shoes in someone else's home.
http://gawker.com/5458722/actually-yes-i-do-mind-taking-off-my-shoes
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1320258/Taking-shoes-entering-home--necessary-naff.html
Funny that both articles accuse the people who want guests to not dirty their house of being vain and yet their complaints center around the sanctity of their outfits and a fear of people seeing their feet.

• Locked thread