Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.bt.dk/udland/skudramt-laerer-tackler-elev-og-afvaerger-skoleskyderi-i-usa

Google Translate posted:

According to Ethan Stonebraker, the armed student had just asked permission to leave the classroom when he shortly came back with two guns and started shooting.

The 29-year-old teacher first threw a basketball against the armed student before he ran and overwhelmed him.

The perpetrator was arrested "extremely quickly" after the shooting, said police chief Kevin Jowitt.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jason-seaman-indiana-science-teacher-tackles-gunman-noblesville-west-middle-school-shooting-today-2018-05-25/

quote:

A science teacher is being praised as a hero after tackling a male student armed with two handguns at a suburban Indianapolis middle school Friday morning. A student said he watched Jason Seaman run toward the gunman and tackle him to the ground after he fired several shots into a classroom.

What a hero! :allears:

Of course, this will just embolden the NRA and their stupid idea about arming teachers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
i am glad no body died

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ultra Carp
Dual wielding really is ineffective unless you're in a john woo movie or the matrix

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

brylcreem posted:

Of course, this will just embolden the NRA and their stupid idea about arming teachers.
that also would have happened if the teacher had done nothing. there is no outcome or series of events that wouldnt reaffirm in their minds that more guns are the answer

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Why bother arming teachers when the sports teams are already armed?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

that teacher is serously a badass and i'm glad he literally threw himself at an armed gunman to save a bunch of kids who probably think he's hitler half the time for a pop quiz

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Arm teachers with basketballs. Because apparently school shooters are losing their touch.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Wow the nerd couldn't even handle a chest pass

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
A pitching machine in every class!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you can dodge a bullet, you can dodge a dodgeball!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
We should just ban guns to save these pathethic kids from embarrassing themselves.

Waiting for a kids to shoot up a school only to slip, fall and shot him self in the dick.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unpleasantly turgid posted:

Wow the nerd couldn't even handle a chest pass

figures

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

welcome to the jam indeed :wth:

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Imagine if they started recruiting NBA players to guard schools.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
If this shooter had a guard, this wouldn’t have happened. Did I do this right? I don’t watch basketball.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

that also would have happened if the teacher had done nothing. there is no outcome or series of events that wouldnt reaffirm in their minds that more guns are the answer

More guns of course, are the answer

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

T.S. Smelliot posted:

More guns of course, are the answer

But what is the question?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

AARO posted:

Imagine if they started recruiting NBA players to guard schools.

A sure fire way to reduce casualties in American schools is having tall black men there for when the cops show up

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

who needs gun control when you have ball control

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we must stop the unchecked proliferation of b-ball crimes

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Patches O'Houlihan

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

we must stop the unchecked proliferation of b-ball crimes

This will only end in the Chaos Dunk

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the year is 21XX, b-ball is outlawed

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The answer to school shootings is not more guns, it's more Chads

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
people argue that bullying is what drives kids to becoming potential school shooters but bullying clearly saved the day here so now I don't know what to believe

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
no, no, it's sea-MAN

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

shut up blegum posted:

But what is the question?

"What should we throw into this active volcanoe?"

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
Jason "High T" Seaman

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Oh its that time of the week again, huh?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I got $500 on the next one being a music teacher with a tuba

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Vim Fuego posted:

Dual wielding really is ineffective unless you're in a john woo movie or the matrix

The loving nineties called

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Sounds like this was all planned out ahead of time. Why would there be a basketball in a science classroom otherwise? False flag

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

I got $500 on the next one being a music teacher with a tuba

This is like some really silly superhero movie origin

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
looks like the teacher had some ball ammunition of his own

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wasn't there just literally a "good guy with a gun" that stopped a shooting too? Boy howdy, sure do seem to be a bunch of these shooting things.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Sounds like this was all planned out ahead of time. Why would there be a basketball in a science classroom otherwise? False flag

Because the teacher is hip and with it *spins basketball on finger*

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't there just literally a "good guy with a gun" that stopped a shooting too? Boy howdy, sure do seem to be a bunch of these shooting things.

Yeah in some restaurant. They gunned him down as he fled though, they didn’t bean his rear end with a basketball then charge him down unarmed like a loving sexual tyrannosaurus.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

If this isn't a recruit for the Harlem Globetrotters I don't know who is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gary oldmans diary posted:

i can say 100% it's going to happen eventually. When it backfires (lol) they'll just whine about it despite always getting their way, same as every other conservative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

drugs are killing so many people

liberals: make them all legal, it sounds counter intuitive but people will stop dying of overdoses if you just legalize it

conservatives: loving druggies

guns are killing so many people

conservatives: make them legal for people to carry and get rid of gun free zones, it sounds counter intuitive but rampages are only ended when force is met with force

liberals: loving guntards

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread