Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Hello there!

I'm asking for some help locating an anime i saw many years back. I'm pretty sure it was a movie not a series, and it seemed to be about a small group of friends who were stranded/teleported to a sort of ruined dimension. As the movie progresses, some of them seem to disappear, and a later revelation is that one of the friends was responsible for them moving there, as they saw it as an idealized place to hang out with their friends and forget all their troubles. It incorporated the "world turtle" legend, which i think was how they figured out one of the friends had created it. The dimension itself was sort of a ruined school area, with lots of vast stretches of water (reminds me of the Dark Link fight arena from Ocarina of Time a little).

My second question is probably even more out there. A long time ago i saw someone wearing a neat looking anime t, it had a phrase "the birdhouse" on it, and there was a anime schoolgirl (facing away) on it, holding a bloody knife and looking back over her shoulder. No amount of googling those phrases has ever given me any luck, and I'm wondering if maybe someone knew of that as an anime or maybe related to one? It seemed very cool to me all those years ago and I'd like to see if I could get my hands on one.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
For the first question, I believe thats Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Huzzah! posted:

Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer

Reading the description, that sounds like the one. Thank you very much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't know of any anime called 'the birdhouse,' but the two most popular anime I can think of with that kind of imagery would be Higurashi and Mirai Nikki? higurashi's over a decade old so it'd definitely fit the 'long time ago' thing.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Endorph posted:

I don't know of any anime called 'the birdhouse,' but the two most popular anime I can think of with that kind of imagery would be Higurashi and Mirai Nikki? higurashi's over a decade old so it'd definitely fit the 'long time ago' thing.

Does hell girl use a knife? Is she even a school girl? Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai is someone I can imagine looking over her shoulder while holding a bloody knife, but you never see her in a school uniform.

I've never actually seen Hell Girl but I feel like she's just esoteric enough to be on a t-shirt and make me think "huh"

enomie
Aug 10, 2017

For your second question, it might not have been an anime shirt, it might have been a brand name shirt from the skate company birdhouse: https://www.birdhouseskateboards.com/collections/apparel

So could have been original art.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Endorph posted:

Looking into these two I don't think its one of them, the art style's a little different and less menacing. I would almost say the girl had a "Someone should take a look at this thing i found" expression versus a "crazed killer" look. And to be a little more specific time wise I'd say more than 15 years ago. Good guesses though, I see where the descriptions sorta line up.

enomie posted:

For your second question, it might not have been an anime shirt, it might have been a brand name shirt from the skate company birdhouse: https://www.birdhouseskateboards.com/collections/apparel

So could have been original art.

This seems like it might be it, if it was founded in the early 90's it matches up with the time and why I've never seen it on any usual anime sources. Thanks.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

What you're looking for as far as the Birdhouse shirt would most likely be something from Jeremy Klein from when he was on Birdhouse. Most of his stuff has an Anime aesthetic, as he's a huge fan.

Possibly one of these ones:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I always knew skateboarding was anime

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

metavisual posted:

What you're looking for as far as the Birdhouse shirt would most likely be something from Jeremy Klein from when he was on Birdhouse. Most of his stuff has an Anime aesthetic, as he's a huge fan.

Possibly one of these ones:

That's the one! What a find! Sounds like I'm a few decades too late to get the shirt version but its good to have that little mystery solved. Thanks everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hibbloes posted:

That's the one! What a find! Sounds like I'm a few decades too late to get the shirt version but its good to have that little mystery solved. Thanks everyone!

Good. Now your soul belongs to adtrw.

• Locked thread