Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Supposedly there is no such thing as being “due for a win” in say, roulette. “Smart” people know that any coin flip is independent of all others and is equally likely to be heads or tails. But... we know it is unlikely to get 20 heads in a row... so if you just saw the coin flip come up heads 19 times would the smart money be on betting on tails?! How do we reconcile this... stats goons???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Quantum.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The plane can take off because the propulsion comes from air resistance, not the wheels.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Breakbeats. :hai:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

WEAR THE HAT SHITMOUTH

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
If you saw a coin flip heads 19 times in a row then it's probably just loaded and the smart money is not betting at all as the scammer is going to weasel out of paying if you figure it out or enact violence if you persist.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
No, the smart money is betting on heads because that coin is most likely biased.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What if both sides of the coin are heads?

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Its because tails never fails, op

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
What if you know both sides are heads because it’s your coin and you’re cheating but it comes up tails 19 times?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

is your name rosencrantz or guildenstern, op?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Former DILF posted:

WEAR THE HAT SHITMOUTH

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
the power of blockchain

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Haha cucky pizzone op!! XD

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
dont gamble and worship jesus and you wont have this problem, cocksucker

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are you wearing a hat or not during this?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
You actually need a psychologist not a stats bro to explain this OP, it’s because people are retarded

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Former DILF posted:

WEAR THE HAT SHITMOUTH

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

CAN NOT PUKE posted:

Supposedly there is no such thing as being “due for a win” in say, roulette. “Smart” people know that any coin flip is independent of all others and is equally likely to be heads or tails. But... we know it is unlikely to get 20 heads in a row... so if you just saw the coin flip come up heads 19 times would the smart money be on betting on tails?! How do we reconcile this... stats goons???

The outcome of the prior does not affect the probability of the future so yes, there is no such thing as "due for a win."

Theoretically, if you could gamble this way, the "smart bet" would be to bet that in 1000 (or more) coin tosses, 50% will be heads +/- a percentage point, assuming a fair coin, because the more tosses you have an a defined period, the more likely you are to observe the statistical 50%.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Betting on it that one time changes the experiment, rendering it moot.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
statistically speaking, the OP is due for a good post

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Hector Beerlioz posted:

dont gamble and worship jesus and you wont have this problem, cocksucker

yeah you loving shitdick. worship the lord and be astonished at his doctrine, you gently caress. you absolute fucker.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

How many huge green grapes can you fit in your mouth or belly.butron

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
You should bet heads because it's rather likely to be a trick coin. Bayes' theorem.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Are you betting on one coin flip or a sequence of 20

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Also belly butron sounds like a dish I would absolutely try

Woden
May 6, 2006
If the head is wearing a hat then bet on it, if not throw it in the trash for it is a garbage coin.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
It's hard to find Huge Green Grapes this time of year. Let me know where I can OP.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Harald posted:

The plane can take off because the propulsion comes from air resistance, not the wheels.

No, planes can take off because of vacuums and the engine that powers the wheels.

Why the gently caress would a plane have wheels otherwise?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Abraham Lincolns tophat will ease your weirding soul.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Rad-daddio posted:

No, planes can take off because of vacuums and the engine that powers the wheels.

Why the gently caress would a plane have wheels otherwise?

For landing

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

CAN NOT PUKE posted:

this is a myth perpetuated by Big Math to hide the simpler, more obvious truth.

colors are actually the result of chemicals that absorb or bouce off photos.

so a "black" square is absorbing more photos, while a red square bounces more out.

this is why you should always bet on black.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
if you took a snapshot of all the dicks in the world <RIGHT NOW> and then aligned them in size order and if they were erect it would be a 1 and if flaccid then 0 and when you compiled that code of 1's and 0's you would open a portal to heaven

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAN NOT PUKE posted:

so if you just saw the coin flip come up heads 19 times would the smart money be on betting on tails?!

no

quote:

How do we reconcile this... stats goons???

rigged coin

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

QuoProQuid posted:

is your name rosencrantz or guildenstern, op?

lol

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

BloodRed posted:

if you took a snapshot of all the dicks in the world <RIGHT NOW> and then aligned them in size order and if they were erect it would be a 1 and if flaccid then 0 and when you compiled that code of 1's and 0's you would open a portal to heaven

Somewhere a dude is scanning the World Wide Web looking for that perfect dick to complete his dick portal

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Quantum mechanics states that the effect may come before the cause. I base my whole life on that principle.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Jawdins posted:

Somewhere a dude is scanning the World Wide Web looking for that perfect dick to complete his dick portal

Don't doxx me

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the only thing i would bet on OP is unpredictability! hopes this is helping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
a mosaic of dicks, covering the walls in that 3d effect

so it looks like they're gonna pop ya in the head

• Locked thread