Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Thats uh.. gonna make for a big turn I guess! (and guaranteed first player)

WW is out and can no longer take actions this round.

Next up Yellow Sign

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That just seems like a very aggressive Hibernation.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Move Da King to Europe.

Opener: 2
Windwalker: 7
Yellow Sign: 2
Trump: 4
Crawling Chaos: 4

Next up, TRUMP!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

In my experience, the "starting first" book is hard to get the later this goes on. This early snooze should maybe secure it for me unless I've overlooked something, which is possible.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I forgot to mention, but I hit my 8 gates spellbook on Blue's turn. I'll take They Break Through.

e: Also lol Corbeau has a real sophie's choice on whether he effortlessly grabs 3 gates this turn or instead eats that helpless sleepy cultist.

King of Bleh fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 27, 2018

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Eating the cultist is not very good for me even though it hurts WW a little. I'm not worried about that spellbook in the long run.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Who needs spellbooks?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Speaking of spellbooks, I had forgotten to add them to the game file. Now corrected.

For reference, Opener can now summon monsters on enemy controlled or abandoned gates, and Yellow Sign can now move The King and immediately take another action (and can also move any undead in his area with him for free).

Sleeper is up.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Lobbyists in the Midwest get some help from a Grand Wizard.

GOP: 3
Crawling Chaos: 4

Next up: Chaos!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Summon a Nightgaunt in the North Pacific.

GOP: 3
Crawling Chaos: 3

Next up: Opener

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Next up: Opener

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Summon mutant in North Atlantic. I'm out.

Opener: 0
Trump: 3

Next Up: YIELD sign

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Desecrate & spawn an Undead. Claim Zingaya spellbook.

Yellow Sign: 0
Trump: 3

Next up: Drumpf

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Summon a Senator in DC.

Yellow Sign: 0
GOP: 0

Next up: Chaos

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I'm trusting that you'll correct me if I misinterpret your renaming of team orange units, and/or get my American geography messed up.

Yellow Sign now has:

Zingaya (Action: Cost 1) If Undead are in an area with enemy Acolyte Cultists, transform one such Acolyte Cultist into an Undead.

Plan accordingly.

Crawling Chaos may now continue taking actions until they end of time (or they run out of power), then it will be round end.

Kerro fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 28, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, you got it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Nightgaunt from North Pacific to Indian Ocean.
Nightgaunt in Indian Ocean captures Windwalker Cultist.
Take Thousand Forms.
Summon Nightgaunt in North Pacific.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

End of round

WW becomes new first player, and can choose a spellbook and player order direction.

Once you have chosen player order direction, each player gets the chance to do a ritual, in player order.

I'm out for 10 hours now but feel free to carry on - let me know if I got anything wrong with power totals. I'll update Doom from this doom phase when I get back.

Power totals:

Opener: 10
Windwalker: 14
Yellow Sign: 9
GOP: 10
Crawling Chaos: 11

Next up: WW to choose turn direction.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Let's keep going down the list. I decline to do a ritual, YS next in line. I unlock Howl

Sleeper also gets to slam down a snake man in one of the 2 places he's in.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It’s actually another Grand Wizard and he’s going to DC.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
No ritual when it comes around to me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm also going to preload a pass on ritual.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Current state of play, with everyone's doom totals.

YS and Opener to decide on ritual, then it's WW first turn after that.

WW now has

Howl (Pre-Battle):
Before Battle, if any Wendigos are present, you may force the enemy to Retreat one Unit (of their choice) out of the Area to an adjacent Area.

CC now has

The Thousand Forms (Action: Cost 0) If Nyarlathotep is in play, roll 1D6. Your foes must lose that much Power between them, they have 1 minute to decide how much each loses. If they cannot agree, you get the rolled number as Power added to your total. Flip this spellbook face-down to indicate it cannot be used again this turn. During Gather Power, flip it face up again. Reminder: For pbf, players will have max of 24 hours to decide how to resolve this, preferably less if you can come to an agreement sooner.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
No ritual

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's late here so I'm going to post my move under spoiler, in case it would inform Dancer's decision not to ritual.

Awaken Rhan-Tegoth in the Arctic (the top one) for 6 power

Windwalker: 8
Yellow Sign: ?????
e:claim Ice Age

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 28, 2018

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It feels like a ritual would be particularly silly from me, right now. Not doing it.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Oh it's my turn for actions too.

Screaming Dead to Arabia, taking my undead buddy with me, and immediately desecrate. If someone who is competent at the game can advise me on what I should summon? My idea is, since a cultist is already in Arabia (that I will probably leave behind), I get an Undead now to buff further desecrates, and only do Biyakhees later.

So let's say I summon an Undead.
Yellow Sign: 6

Next up: The Don.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yellow Sign: 9

WW now has:

Ice Age (Action: Cost 1): Place or move your Ice Age token to any Area. When an enemy Faction takes any Action ending in the Ice Age Area, they must pay +1 Power.

Alright, WW has already loaded his actions so it's your turn, Dancer

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

YS desecrates in Arabia. Roll = 6 (Fail)

I'm pretty sure as YS getting your undead army out as fast as possible is the best option rather than Byakhee, but I guess it depends a bit on what you wanted to do next (i.e. if you were planning on making a gate in Arabia, maybe Byakhee would be better to stay and guard it). But I dunno, I've played them all of once and came second.

Next up GOP

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, YS should summon an Undead.

"It's time! He has risen! We will take back our country and Make America Great Again!!!

Summon The Trumpster in DC.
Take Burrow.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Summon Nyarlathotep in South Asia.
Take Emissary of the Outer Gods.

Drumpf: 2
Crawling Chaos: 1

Next Up: Opener

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I keep forgetting to put the leftover power in my posts.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Summon spawn in Europe.

Opener: 6
Trump: 2

Next Up: Stormy Weather

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sleeper now has:

Burrow (Ongoing): After a Move Action in which you spend 2 or more Power moving Units, regain 1 Power.

Crawling Chaos now has:

Emissary of the Outer Gods (Post-Battle) Unless an enemy Great Old One is involved in the Battle, any Kill inflicted on Nyarlathotep becomes a Pain.

Opener: 6
Trump: 2

Next Up: WW

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
lmao at that blobby Trump icon

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

King of Bleh posted:

lmao at that blobby Trump icon

Oh my god YES

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kerro, you need to remove Tsathoggua from Sleeper's stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yeah I noticed that after I posted it - I've updated it on the spreadsheet just couldn't be bothered uploading another image yet. Cheers for catching it though.

• Locked thread