Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
just wanted to make sure Alfie’s return didn’t dominate the back pages leading up to the Old Firm.

Feel for Robbie McCrorie though, all that time in the youths and working his way up to see his brother make his goalkeeping debut first.

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1125081205878272000?s=21

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I'd never heard of Kenny McClean before this season but he's now the mayor of Norwich

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
He's a good plaar

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Big Eddie is very good

9 trophies in a row

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1132326982795112448

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

They could have given the fans time to celebrate at least.

And kudos to the Celtic media team for learning how to prepare a statement within a day.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

They could have given the fans time to celebrate at least.

ouch

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I watched this match and holy gently caress is the standard of Scottish football bad. Celtic’s second goal was well taken after 76 year old Chrstophe Berra hosed up.

It was fun watching dudes just kick the poo poo out of each other though and it’s comical how out of his depth Scott Brown is playing in the SPL, how does he keep getting games?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

I watched this match and holy gently caress is the standard of Scottish football bad. Celtic’s second goal was well taken after 76 year old Chrstophe Berra hosed up.

It was fun watching dudes just kick the poo poo out of each other though and it’s comical how out of his depth Scott Brown is playing in the SPL, how does he keep getting games?

Broony's very, very good at pissing people off just by existing, and in the Scottish league this is very important.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Troy Queef posted:

Broony's very, very good at pissing people off just by existing, and in the Scottish league this is very important.

He's world class. I watched that match too, and even after it was over and everybody else for Celtic was celebrating he was still winding up Hearts players.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

trem_two posted:

He's world class. I watched that match too, and even after it was over and everybody else for Celtic was celebrating he was still winding up Hearts players.

It’s a real shame we’ve never gotten to see him play against Sergio Ramos or Diego Costa

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Neymar got him sent off though.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Neymar is a step above I'll give you that.

In other news, St Mirren will remain in the SPFL next season after winning the worst penalty shootout I have ever seen: https://streamable.com/0nk67

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Her Dryer posted:

Neymar is a step above I'll give you that.

In other news, St Mirren will remain in the SPFL next season after winning the worst penalty shootout I have ever seen: https://streamable.com/0nk67

this also happened
https://twitter.com/AndyHa_/status/1132675489611567109

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Family member in grad school in Edinburgh.

Should I cheer on Hibs or Hearts? Also, why?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Which part of the city are they in? I think the Hibs supporter experience is definitely funnier than the Hearts one. They are both poo poo teams though

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 30, 2019

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Tortilla Maker posted:

Do you like perpetual disappointment, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and smack ? Hibs are your team.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Hibs did win a cup fairly recently though and that was pretty cool

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Hibs did win a cup fairly recently though and that was pretty cool

This is not true

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Tortilla Maker posted:

Hibs if you are a stupid bastard.

Hearts if you are a horrible oval office.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rangers are integrating all of their women’s and men’s squads.

https://twitter.com/onlyanexcuse/status/1148261487955365888?s=21

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The new season brings hope and excitement. Rangers won 10-0, Aberdeen did a job away in tough conditions, Kilmarnock managed to lose to a shopping centre.

The draw past Progres (:qq:) looks tricky as well, if we end up with two teams in the final qualifier round it’ll be good going. Luckily Roma got bumped but Wolves are obviously the ones to avoid.

Celtic fans wrote letters to UEFA claiming that Rangers broke the rules on eligibility of players by having McGregor in the squad, because they’d already claimed the four allowable ‘homegrown-developed within association-players’ and McGregor shouldn’t have counted towards the ‘homegrown-developed by the club themselves-players’ quota because ‘newcozombiesHH’ which is apparently a legal argument. Given the past history of Celtic and UEFA’s eligibility rules I am quite worried because they are subject matter experts.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

The new season brings hope and excitement. Rangers won 10-0, Aberdeen did a job away in tough conditions, Kilmarnock managed to lose to a shopping centre.

The draw past Progres (:qq:) looks tricky as well, if we end up with two teams in the final qualifier round it’ll be good going. Luckily Roma got bumped but Wolves are obviously the ones to avoid.

Celtic fans wrote letters to UEFA claiming that Rangers broke the rules on eligibility of players by having McGregor in the squad, because they’d already claimed the four allowable ‘homegrown-developed within association-players’ and McGregor shouldn’t have counted towards the ‘homegrown-developed by the club themselves-players’ quota because ‘newcozombiesHH’ which is apparently a legal argument. Given the past history of Celtic and UEFA’s eligibility rules I am quite worried because they are subject matter experts.

This is the first time I’ve heard that, did that really happen lol.

“Dear UEFA, my name is Lita Pawell...”

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

This is the first time I’ve heard that, did that really happen lol.

Yer it was 2-0

https://twitter.com/bbcsportwales/status/1152159160777236480?s=21

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Tortilla Maker posted:

Generally all the Hibees I know are good people, but Hearts have some right cunts.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Haha gently caress I forgot to check, did Killie actually lose to an amateur side, that's amazing

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

Haha gently caress I forgot to check, did Killie actually lose to an amateur side, that's amazing

Stevie Clarke must be some sort of footballing god to have done what he managed last 18 months

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Her Dryer posted:

Stevie Clarke must be some sort of footballing god to have done what he managed last 18 months

He will win the world cup with Scotland OP

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

He will win the world cup with Scotland OP

I think that's going to be like some matter / anti matter situation where scotland are so shite that it cancels out, probably in a catastrophic explosion

In Rangers merchandising news:

Total Meatlove posted:

Rangers still can’t use the club shop or old website.

The court case is still going on and had a multi year obligatory matching clause

Ashley can choke

To be clear the deal with Hummel is that they sell kits directly to The Elite Group & JD Sports to sidestep the matching and gently caress knows if it’s legally viable ....

* Narator voice * It wasn't

BBC posted:

Rangers face major bill after Sports Direct court defeat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49089986

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
loving lol Rangers are such a poo poo show.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CyberPingu posted:

loving lol Rangers are such a poo poo show.

They shoulda signed stevie may

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Amazing free kick from Grifiths tonight

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

good to see Leigh back on the pitch. depression loving sucks.

also, even though this just came over the wire you know Mike Ashley's still going to be fighting tooth and nail to keep that Rangers deal that gives him the rights to everything up to and including Broxy Bear:
https://twitter.com/JoannaPartridge/status/1154795473393332224?s=20

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

There’ll be no one left to fight the case at the rate he’s going through full time staff

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

There’ll be no one left to fight the case at the rate he’s going through full time staff

well, he's going to be getting a small infusion of cash courtesy of Rangers: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17808773.rangers-face-talks-sports-direct-losing-court-battle/

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Nae new thread this year?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

BisonDollah posted:

Nae new thread this year?

Be the change you want to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

CyberPingu posted:

Be the change you want to see