Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
It looks like the private income column wants the number of the private on the sheet to automate. I’m not sure why you need to enter it twice, I guess to mark when you get paid the private and then sell it into the company

E: I put that in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Fellis posted:

It looks like the private income column wants the number of the private on the sheet to automate. I’m not sure why you need to enter it twice, I guess to mark when you get paid the private and then sell it into the company

E: I put that in

That, also so it's not giving ncome in stock rounds

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
This sheet needs a readme

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Hm, let's see if I'm doing this right, here.

Purchase my three private companies for $180.

Place the C+W Token in its spot.

Lay two track tiles for $40.

Purchase One (1) 2 Train for $80.

Can't issue dividends so the share price drops to $70.

End treasury: 70

(I...I think I did the spreadsheet right? Also, am I correct that until a later phase tiles appear, I can't actually get out of Wheeling to anywhere but the offboard spaces?)

von Metternich fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 16, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
NYC operates

Start treasury 400

Lays two track from Erie to Cleveland for 20.

Buy 4*2T.

No dividend paid so share price drops to 70?

How do I record I have 4 2 trains in the spreadsheet?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

you put your stuff in the tab for the first stock round, make sure you're on the second tab labeled OR1.1 also stuff has to be negative to be counted correctly

remember to
-subtract trains from available and put them with their company. this shouldn't be the number, but a list of trains (ie "2, 3/5")
-give yourself positive income for the private company sales
-remove the sold privates from your owned column
-adjust your token on the stock market, then right click to flip it so we know who's gone

also it looks like your treasury's $50? might have done math wrong

Fellis posted:

This sheet needs a readme

yeah its dumb, i had to figure it out myself too. i had people to tell me what to do in the 18usa game but i dont think anyones used this sheet before

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

von Metternich posted:

Hm, let's see if I'm doing this right, here.

Purchase my three private companies for $180.

Place the C+W Token in its spot.

Lay two track tiles for $40.

Purchase One (1) 2 Train for $80.

Can't issue dividends so the share price drops to $70.

End treasury: 70

(I...I think I did the spreadsheet right? Also, am I correct that until a later phase tiles appear, I can't actually get out of Wheeling to anywhere but the offboard spaces?)

You probably wanted to buy two 2 trains, so you could upgrade wheeling after a 3 is sold this OR and get the steamboat company twice next turn for 150 revenue. But it’s a learning game :)

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

you put your stuff in the tab for the first stock round, make sure you're on the second tab labeled OR1.1 also stuff has to be negative to be counted correctly

Lol gently caress - I even noticed that, then fiddled, then was like, hrrm I am loving up, came back and put it in the wrong tab.

quote:

remember to
-subtract trains from available and put them with their company. this shouldn't be the number, but a list of trains (ie "2, 3/5")
-give yourself positive income for the private company sales
-remove the sold privates from your owned column
-adjust your token on the stock market, then right click to flip it so we know who's gone

Ah cheers, I wasn't sure how to list the trains - do I put a comma inbetween?

quote:

also it looks like your treasury's $50? might have done math wrong

yeah its dumb, i had to figure it out myself too. i had people to tell me what to do in the 18usa game but i dont think anyones used this sheet before

How, isn't it 80*4 for the train, then 20*2 for the track lays?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

PRR

Issue one share for $70 (230 in treasury)

Teleport token to Ft. Worth for $60 (170)
Build Ft worth for $20 (150)
Buy 2 train for $80 (70)

Share price falls back to $70

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Ah cheers, I wasn't sure how to list the trains - do I put a comma inbetween?

How, isn't it 80*4 for the train, then 20*2 for the track lays?

To the first one I don't think it matters, comma probably best. also id missed your turn, the $50 was a comment to metternich

also remember to update share prices on both the spreadsheet and the board (press M to view, use right click menu to move from box to box, adjust in box by clicking, flip the token when you've acted for the turn)

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 16, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

To the first one I don't think it matters, comma probably best. also id missed your turn, the $50 was a comment to metternich

Ah sweet.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

GT operates, treasury $180 stock $90
Issue 2 shares, +$160
Lay tile C13 exit NW -$20
Buy 3/5t -$160
Buy Lake Shore and Michigan Central full price -$80
Stock falls to $80
End turn (stock $80 treasury $80)

Phase II has begun. Green tiles are available for upgrade.

First OR is complete, privates pay out income Will do my next turn with MS in a sec once spreadsheet's ready

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 16, 2018

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

MS operates, treasury $30
Run Detroit-Port Huron $60
Spit money $30 div $30 treasury
Ends treasury $60

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

B4 Operates Treasury 20
Lays I10
Runs Terre Haute-Indianapolis for 40
Automatic 20-20 split
Treasury 20.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

GT operates, treasury $110
Buys MS for -$60, +$60 from treasury, picks up a 2T and a token in Detroit
Upgrades Detroit exit Toledo -$60, builds Toledo -$20, upgrades Toledo for free using Lake Shore Line. Toledo exits NW, W, SW
Runs Detroit-Port Huron-Sarnia $100, Detroit-Toledo $80, total $180
Full pay, $36 to me $108 to treasury
Stock rises twice to $100, treasury $138

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

There's an invalid tile in E17. I'll fix it with the right one. (It needed a Z tile)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

yeah cleaveland is a Z city, good catch. btw please doublecheck my work, im paranoid about doing something wrong

anyway cthulu and NYC up next

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I reversed the order of the sheet tabs so the current round is the furthest left/default to open. Unless there is a reason to have it the other way? I dunno if the default is just “last tab you had open” and I was looking at SR1 for some reason

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Fellis posted:

I reversed the order of the sheet tabs so the current round is the furthest left/default to open. Unless there is a reason to have it the other way? I dunno if the default is just “last tab you had open” and I was looking at SR1 for some reason

Either convention works, the new tabs are placed to the right when you duplicate but it's probably easier this way

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Upgrade Erie

Run Erie - to buffalo *2
Erie to Salamanca * 1
Erie to Cleveland * 1

Make 230

Pay out in full

Share price double jumps to 90

Treasury finishes at 125

Von mettinck gets 23

I get 92

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
:siren: WHOOPS I skipped Fellis' turn.I don't think anything I've done will be affected, unless he wants to upgrade Wheeling for me! :siren:

Starting treasury 50
Private income: 20

Issue 2 shares of stock for 100

Upgrade Wheeling- -40

Run Wheeling-Pittsburgh: 120

Payout 120

Stock price goes up 2 to 80

24 to me
24 to Fellis
12 to Cthulhu Dreams
24 to the bank
36 to the company
Buy 3/5 train for 160
Ending treasury: $6

von Metternich fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 17, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I don’t see 120 revenue for the B/O, only 100 (wheeling 30 + 40 steamboat x2 + 30 pittsburgh)? Also you have to place the steamboat token down to mark a specific city where your steamboat company is. I assume you want it in Wheeling. I need to be up in 6 hours so I’ll make my plays then unless insomnia.

As an aside Metternich, I apologize for making unsolicited remarks about your play here and discord. It’s your first game and I was trying to be constructive, but instead I was a dick. Sorry!

Fellis fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 17, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Hey guys I misunderstood the rules for track lays, does anyone mind if I add an additional track piece for NYC - it would be a straight piece going west from Cleveland.

I could have legally done it on my turn, I just didn't realise I could. It doesn't change my revenue.

Edit: wait no I legally cannot.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 17, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

PRR

$70 starting treasury
Track upgrade E7: -20 (50)
Track placement D8: -20 (30)
Rude gestures in the direction of GT/NYC presidents trying to get to Chicago: Free (30)

Run 2 for 40 :smith:, hometown to pittsburgh
Full payout: 8 to Fellis, 28 to PRR (58), 4 to market
No stock movement: was above half share price but below full share price

Sell O&I private to PRR for 40 (18 left in treasury)

Next:

Metternich: doublecheck revenue
Commonshore: operate C&O

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Fellis posted:

I don’t see 120 revenue for the B/O, only 100 (wheeling 30 + 40 steamboat x2 + 30 pittsburgh)? Also you have to place the steamboat token down to mark a specific city where your steamboat company is. I assume you want it in Wheeling. I need to be up in 6 hours so I’ll make my plays then unless insomnia.

As an aside Metternich, I apologize for making unsolicited remarks about your play here and discord. It’s your first game and I was trying to be constructive, but instead I was a dick. Sorry!

I was counting the mail company.

And it's fine, I just don't like making dumb mistakes, I wasn't upset at you at all, you're fine!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Oh word, Mail Company. Yeah 120 is correct then.

I didn’t think you were upset, but still wanted to say something!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I thiinnnk I'm falling behind here but we'll see how it goes.

Also flip your tokens, nerds.

Issue 1 share for 20.
Lay track in H14 for 60 -20 = 40.
Lay track in H12 for 20

Run Huntington-Cincinatti for 60. Pay full. 24 to Commonshore, 30 to company, 6 to the land of wind and ghosts.

Stock goes up 1.

Buys Big 4 from Commonshore for 30. Token swapped; train added to collection.

SR1, Priority Deal is I don't know. Maybe Metternich as CthuluDreams has 1 more cert than anyone else

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 17, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I thiinnnk I'm falling behind here but we'll see how it goes.

Also flip your tokens, nerds.

Issue 1 share for 20.
Lay track in H14 for 60 -20 = 40.
Lay track in H12 for 20

Run Huntington-Cincinatti for 60. Pay full. 24 to Commonshore, 30 to company, 6 to the land of wind and ghosts.

Stock goes up 1.

Buys Big 4 from Commonshore for 30. Token swapped; train added to collection.

SR1, Priority Deal is I don't know. Maybe Metternich as CthuluDreams has 1 more cert than anyone else

You where last to pass, which means priority deal is player to your left, which means Fellis?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

You where last to pass, which means priority deal is player to your left, which means Fellis?

PD goes to the left of the last person to buy/sell. I scrolled up and it's Metternich

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

CommonShore posted:

PD goes to the left of the last person to buy/sell. I scrolled up and it's Metternich

I'm not understanding something then

The last action of the stock round was you buying a C&O share and the seating order is.

Me
Von Metternich
Stash
Fellis
Common shore

Doesn't that make Fellis priority deal or have I completely misunderstood something.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I'm not understanding something then

The last action of the stock round was you buying a C&O share and the seating order is.

Me
Von Metternich
Stash
Fellis
Common shore

Doesn't that make Fellis priority deal or have I completely misunderstood something.

Your last purchase post was out of order.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Priority deal is in the OP

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Its Metternich

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Did you guys add the funds from the independent railroads to the company treasury when you bought it across? I duplicated the sheet for SR2 and I think it needs a doublecheck

E: looks like MS added treasury, but Big 4 didn’t, added $20 to C/O (in the private purchase row)

E2: please check your cash, someone removed independents from the owner row when they bought them across, but that breaks the dividends calculation. I think i fixed it, but I didn’t go back through the whole OR to doublecheck

Fellis fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 17, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Your last purchase post was out of order.

That would be it.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Phone posting, will update the spreadsheet later, but I’ll buy one of B&O for 80

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

von Metternich posted:

Phone posting, will update the spreadsheet later, but I’ll buy one of B&O for 80

Do you want it from the market or the company?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fellis posted:

Did you guys add the funds from the independent railroads to the company treasury when you bought it across? I duplicated the sheet for SR2 and I think it needs a doublecheck

E: looks like MS added treasury, but Big 4 didn’t, added $20 to C/O (in the private purchase row)

E2: please check your cash, someone removed independents from the owner row when they bought them across, but that breaks the dividends calculation. I think i fixed it, but I didn’t go back through the whole OR to doublecheck

poo poo that was my error. I had big 4. Phone posting now. Will fix later.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Fellis posted:

Do you want it from the market or the company?

From the market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

BTW for people following along here's the map:

will post stock shortly

• Locked thread