Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I'm legitimately surprised they didn't fold after the pile of rear end that was rebirth. The screens for this look much nicer at least and that UI is miles better than X3s.

Does anyone know if there's any official word on a better modding system? X3 really became amazing once you got deep into it but holy poo poo was it obtuse and a nightmare to actually upkeep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
If you never played X3 then the gameplay loop was: Start as single ship/small wing which you use to trade/fight/explore/salvage/etc. until you can afford to hire ships to do them with/for you. Repeat until you have a massive fleet and enough money to build stations to create your own products from said trading/mining/etc. Repeat until you have more stations, more fleets, and steadily became lord high baron over the galaxy.

So, if they add automated piloting to their walking in ships thing then you could probably just hang out and watch your empire go about its thing.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
The ariadne(M7C) was a fantastic primary ship with all of its drones and ability to carry along a ts.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
X3 had a mod that stretched the game to its limits and allowed the npc empires to produce fleets for fighting over sectors as well as letting the player get involved in taking land.

Hopes and dreams that it'll be something built in for this.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Hopefully we'll see the return of M7M frigates. Rebalanced, of course.

Though that also means there will hopefully be real reasons to have dedicated war fleets and not just making sure raiders stay away from the factories.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
M7Cs were fantastic player ships and hope they make it back as well. Think they came in during AP.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It seems like they are purposefully avoiding hype at all costs just in case it turns into another Rebirth. We'll see how it turns out.

And yeah, Rebirth got hyped to hell only to come out and be panned to poo poo tier.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
A part of me hopes they learned their lesson on missile cruisers.

Another part hopes they didn't because I want to see everything in those systems exploding in gloriously high detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It wouldn't be an X game without suicidal AI.