Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I can't believe Kirito is loving dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I mean, what they're doing isn't recapping as much as establishing that Kirito has been seemingly erased from this world's history.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm surprised they already cut the tree down, since I thought readers had said it took a long time in the LN's?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only thing I'm finding kind of silly is that they keep talking about souls as a literal thing. It just seems out of place for this setting.

Unless we get spooky ghosts or something down the line. Not gonna lie I would watch Kirito become a ghost hunter.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It’s bad enough that he’s all over CineD, now Zizek is running around this school too? Jesus.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

dogsicle posted:

why is a spider dying more emotionally impactful than anything else in this show so far
It's because you're not just seeing the spider die, you're seeing every spider you've ever stepped on in your entire life die and now you ponder if you too could have been bros with a spider had you not had such a callous bloodlust. :smith:

Humanity was the real Dark Army this whole time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It would really change the bro dynamic they were going for between Kirito and Eugeo if Asuna was in the game for part 1, and basically make Eugeo the third wheel instead of co-protagonist.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 20, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The soul stuff in Alicization in general has been very weird to me. It feels like something from a different kind of story.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kagaya also leads one of the major guilds too, he clearly has some kind of fantasy, uh, fantasy he’s seeking to live out through creating the death game.

Like he’s not a particularly nuanced or complicated character or anything. He’s still kind of a generic as far as these types of villains go but that’s not the same thing as being literally motiveless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Its a shounen anime, by law you're contractually obligated to let people monologue for a bit.