Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

AndyElusive posted:

From that trailer I'm convinced this show is absolutely the Star Wars version of the A-Team.

I am okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So we now know what chain codes are - they're just ID cards.

Makes their importance in The Mandalorian seem a bit silly. Also, why would baby Yoda have an ID card?

And it's Filoni who was in charge of both.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Davros1 posted:

Removing the bandana does nothing to cover up the massive skull tattoo on his face

I initially thought it was facepaint. But is it a tattoo, or a "birthmark"?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Spookydonut posted:

I just assumed it was some sort of hyper-pigmentation given his eyebrow on that side is albino. oh god it isnt its a normal eyebrow

Thank god it wasn't just me, then. That's what made me think it was a birthmark.

Then I googled pictures of Hunter's face and realised it's just a thin line of unpainted skin around the eyebrow.

So, yeah, I'm going to say the goon who said it was a tattoo was right on the money here.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
When Omega ran after the ball, through the barbed wire, and almost got eaten by the space catwolf - had anyone even bothered to tell her not to? Or why?

I know the moment was building on her being sheltered and unprepared for the bigger galaxy and Hunter not being ready to be a space dad, but I feel saying "Hey, a monster will eat you past this point" is something than any visitor to a farm surrounded by massive carnivores capable of eating people should be told immediately upon arrival.

Really, I put that moment on everyone except Omega.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Iger is a loving moron.

Isn't Iger the reason shows like Iron Fist were crap?

Producer: Iron Fist is a show about a man with no superpowers who got so good at martial arts he was able to punch a dragon in the loving heart.

Iger: Okay, but we're on a tight schedule here because I want to push this out the door yesterday. So, how much practice for a fight scene do they need? 15 minutes sounds about right.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Its Rinaldo posted:

I had no problem with Omega doing that, made perfect sense for her character. "We'll get the ball later, don't go past the fence" and "We'll get the ball later when our dad can make sure nobody is going to get eaten, don't go past the fence" are two very different things! A couple of young kids may or may not convey that but it is believable that they didn't and Omega wanting to make sure the fun doesn't stop with new friends and not thinking why they would have rules not to go past the fence that has booby traps is also a good bit of characterization

I agree it's totally a thing an innocent like Omega would do. And I don't blame the other kids at all - they're kids.

What annoyed me is that it was the responsibility of every adult present - including the other childrens' parents - to make her aware that passing beyond the wire could have meant death and they didn't.

Then they treated her like what happened was her error when there was no possible way for her to know it was dangerous*.

* I know, this is Star Wars. Everywhere is dangerous and crawling with monsters.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm normally not a fan of cute kids, but Omega is just adorable. And capable.

I don't know why she's being so cagey about telling the other clones all about the inhibitor chips. She obviously knows a lot more than she's letting on.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Dave Syndrome posted:

Same. For a real headache they played it up a little much, and it really smelled like a payoff was going to come later. So it was strange when it suddenly was gone and never mentioned again. Not even a "moy head's a lot bettah now" line or anything. Weird. We'll see if the topic pops up again, especially since Tech spent quite a bit of time talking about the chip in the beginning.

It's definitely a Chekov's gun situation. Maybe we'll be seeing the payoff in the next episode when they get their scanner up and running.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Radio! posted:

As far as who Omega's a clone of, I've seen a few people speculate it might be Arla Fett, Jango Fett's sister, who is also blonde. I'm not sure how they could do that without it seeming like a huge cop out though, since she's just in EU stuff. "Oh surprise Jango had a secret sister the whole time!"

Omega's actually a clone of Xena, Warrior Princess.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Arquinsiel posted:

Nah, he'd just have used it to get high faster. Dude was on all the drugs.
That's partially because Carrie Fisher thought the fake British accent she did in EpIV was terrible.

Seeing Empire Strikes Back when it came out in the cinema it was weird as hell to suddenly hear everyone talk with broader accents. I'm also sure they changed how Leia was pronounced, from Lee-ah to Lay-uh.

My in-universe canon was that Leia code switched her speach to make her appear more of a common person, which would have helped running around the backwater planets trying to drum up aid to help their cause.

A People's Princess, if you will, but without the paparazzi hounding her to her death in a tunnel while she throat goats a space Arab.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
General Solo, is your jedi in that tauntaun?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Clink is now my favourite droid.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
As long as that droid is Clink, I'll be okay with it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Spent way too long on this.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I didn't like Force Awakens, but Rey, Finn and Poe were all poised to be classic characters.

A nobody from a nowhere world about to be pushed into adventure beyond her imagining, an ex-stormtrooper wanting to make things right, a hot-shot pilot adventurer to introduce them to the Rebellion and keep things moving as they come into their own.

Goddamn, they hosed that up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah there's a reason that Mon Cal is called Quarrie.

A lot of Rebels is a love-letter to the design process behind the OT, though I don't think it always lands (like with the thin lightsabers).

I like the thin lightsabers. After all, they're sabres, not broadswords.

My only gripe is that they don't go overboard enough with them. A weapon used by people who can move fast enough to block blaster bolts, see into the future and have magically enhanced physical abilities - those swords should constantly be either moving so fast they look like a Tron light cycle or are completely still, like a Samurai standoff.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Apart from the B-Wing with the magic cannon, I think most of the Star Destroyers they blew up on Rebels, were from sabotaging stuff on the inside.

Like the power and shield generators with their raised walkways with no railings and anyone falling off causes the ship to blow up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Original Godzilla - not a kaiju movie.

Original Kong - Kaiju out the wazoo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Good to see that what we all suspected about Crusher's headaches was corrent.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I don't know why you wouldn't just scan her anyway? What would you have to lose?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Arquinsiel posted:

All B1 production of Riverdance?

The Bad Batch are definitely more Stomp.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Anita Dickinme posted:

I was so convinced that Hunter was dead and the show had me thinking for a moment that this is some serious poo poo. I get they’re special forces but literally any other character of all of Star Wars who has gotten shot right in the chest piece has died so I’m kind of confused how Hunter’s alive.

In Rebels, Rex says, "Nothing like first gen armour."

I assume the Bad Batch has similarly good stuff able to tank a single solid hit to the chest before the Kaminoans and the Empire started cutting corners on the quality.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Teek posted:

I hope so, it’s ripe for some good story telling. On one hand, it would be weird to have never really been mentioned until now, but I could see how the Empire would want to squash word of it. It being used to finally give justification to The Clone WarS plural would be fitting I guess.

It would also explain why the Kaminoans are still keeping so many adult clones on their planet. If the Empire decides that the Kaminoans are surplus to requirements, they have their own well trained, battle hardened army right at hand.

Of course, I'm assuming there's a way to turn Order 66's "kill all jedi and obey the empire" into Order 67 "protect the Kaminoans and gently caress the Empire".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That's so very Star Wars.

Order 65 kill Palpatine. Order 66 kill jedi.

Hope no one forgot which was which. Or heard wrong.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

thrawn527 posted:

The question in this thread wasn't, "How was he deformed?" It was, "Why did people accept him appearing normal again, when he appeared in public videos deformed?"

He's the Emperor, he has access to the primo quality bacta :shrug:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Bismuth posted:

I did kinda like the mandos better when they were a mixed-species cult of closely nit adoptees and found family, rather than the aryan nation of mandalore. Im glad Mandalorian is back to foundlings but would still be cool to see some other species among them, fans have done a lot of neat drawings of what other species helmets/armor could look like.

Saved this images ages ago because I thought it was so cool to see a non-human Mandalorian.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
One of my favourite moments is Yoda deciding to be a dick and playing with Ventress, taking her lightsabers then giving them back and mocking her.

The immediately letting her escape (right past a Venator-class Star Destroyer) because even the Force hates a dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcsrxcHZz6s&t=33s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
God I love the big abandoned floating cities of Star Wars. And the abandoned asteroid bases. And the abandoned temple refuges. And the entire worlds covered in derelict starships.

It's all so big and old and used.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So Twileks can have more than 2 head dinguses?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
One of my favourite little moments of Rebels.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I wonder, for those who never watched Rebels, how would the last episode have come across?

I really enjoyed watching young Hera and everything (read: Chopper), but to someone casually watching it and only seeing the Bad Batch for about a minute, it must have seemed weird as hell.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Spielberg: Okay, ephebophilia, sure. Just not the bad ephebophilia.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm wondering if the strength of the chip wears off over time.

The chips have a big initial burst of power to totally override the troopers' free will and force them to kill off the jedi, then the empire relies on their training (and rapid aging) to handle the rest as they convert to regular troops.

Then poor Crosshair goes and gets his chip supercharged :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

bunnyofdoom posted:

Counterpoint: Wreckers behavior when the chip activated in the venator. Seems like the chips forces imperial loyalty

Good soldiers follow orders.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Madurai posted:

"His chip's missing!"

The real mind control chip was the people we shot along the way.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

twistedmentat posted:

There's a hell of a lot of speculation that Omega will show up as an adult in Book of Boba Fett, and that's why she's in Bad Batch. That's probably wishful thinking but i don't think its completely impossible.

Ordinarily, I'd say that was some Mephisto level delusion.

But Filoni does so love rubbing his toys together.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
You know you're middle-aged when you immediately think about how hard it would be to piss.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The leader of the Pike had the same voice actor as AP-5 from Rebels.

And as soon as they cut off Roland Durand's horn, it almost made me think he was going to be Vizago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Must be like losing a thumb in the Yakuza.