Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'll play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

okay i'll play if you'll have me.

you can’t sit with us

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

im ready and excited to play mafia

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

hi ready and excited to play mafia

welcome, who do you think are the scums?

are you genuinely asking this because there is pretty obviously nothing to go on yet

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:thunk:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

good afternoon

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

28766f69642a2930 posted:

this feels odd to me because your masonbud, beek, hasn’t really posted

there hasnt been much to post about

Podima posted:

this is true, but we did chat a bit in masondoc - i prodded him about whether his early push on dickb was sincere (i still don't love it) but his response was enough for me to set it aside for now.

so the masonries are what, dickb/xad, me/beek, birb/asii, toal/solus? Toal/Solus, anything to comment on from your masonry?

hm

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

oh i didn't know beek was bottle knight, nvm I'm okay with the level of posting now. I was mistaken about the name.

I can see how a person would be mistaken by this but with only eight people in this game it’s a bit weird!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Yes what podrick said

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hmmm. admittedly, this does read a bit more to me as "someone not paying attention" than "calculated fake opinion that just happened to be incredibly wrong"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

Actually I kinda have to say, I think pod is the type of person who fakes content by speculating about the game's set up until someone's dumb enough not to know one of their friends nicknames so they can jump on them.

That stuff asking for people's opinions on their mason friends and guessing the masonries doesn't mean anything, and actually knowing the composition of the masonies is easier with scum chat cause you're immediately working with your scum pals in other masonies to get the lay of the land.

##vote Pod

im not following this, at all

you think pod intentionally set this up for you to be tricked?

and also how do you know the scum can talk during the day? these seem like a lot of either bad assumptions.... or you know b/c youre the scum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

feeling a lot worse about toal after that post

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

scum always talk during the day .----------------------.

this isnt true. in the last game i had a masonry, ecco's opus falconis game, scum could only talk at night. and it was very similar to how this game seems in that everyone had a mason chat. so just a bad assumption imo!

Toalpaz posted:

Also less then pod set me up, just pod taking an easy opportunity to foist the blame on someone on a slow day then anything else.

Also the faking content is legit.

i suppose i would like you to quote specific posts and maybe even bold particular statements where you think pod is faking content b/c im not seeing it and i'd like you to prove it instead of just vaguely gesturing at his posts

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

28766f69642a2930 posted:

I think it’s called a polycule

Lol

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SolusLunes posted:

I mean, you could start it if you think it's a good idea?

This is the scummiest post I’ve seen in the thread and I think it’s p voteable

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Birb tell me more about dickyb’s scumminess im too lazy to reread

And yes toal as pod said maybe answer my request for your faking content case

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SolusLunes posted:

So if we're looking for someone to lynch and I haven't seen any serious arguments or good reasoning for a target:

I suggest we start with the lurker who hasn't made enough posts to avoid lurker rules, or the one who's just barely over the threshold. e.g Beek or Xad.

I'm leaning towards Xad but since they'll be freely lynchable tomorrow if nothing changes:

##vote beek

Also this is so drat lazy

Love to get cased for *checks notes* successfully meeting the lurker threshold 24+ hours before deadline

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

i think massclaiming this early would benefit scum more than it would town. scum probably have fake claims and town has nothing but honesty or dishonesty.

tbh this does kinda read like a scumbo sweating, not wanting to have to fakeclaim and run the risk of being counterclaimed

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i dont want to put them at -1 rn but consider my vote on solus btw, im just looking around at some loose threads

i should be around until deadline

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hmmm.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

I'd vote DickB or Toal.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

though i will say, i love solus going from "even if ALL SEVEN of you massclaim i won't do it" to "okay sure i'll get the mass claim going i guess!" just took a few votes!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh wait you claimed cop too, my bad. i want to see how that pans out.

##vote toal they didnt answer my question and i was already suss on them

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

28766f69642a2930 posted:

yeah I’m not buying both of these claims lol

I'm not either but 1. the risk of killing a cop is a high price to pay and 2. i want results

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

There's definitely some credence to Sol's suspicion about multiple cops weirdness to the set-up because I copped Sol and got the obvious town result. He must've been an insane or some variant cop.

##vote dickb

I don't think the scum would choose to independently kill one of the "town cops" after there was so much suspicion on them at deadline.

I think DB is lying scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't get it. If there's "no such suspicion" on one of the town cops near deadline, then it's an uphill battle to sell a lunch on one right?

did you read "so much suspicion" as "no much suspicion" because i'm not parsing this

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

did you read "so much suspicion" as "no much suspicion" because i'm not parsing this

mafia edit: "no such suspicion"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'll tell you this, I know something about Sol that if I were scum, I would be a complete idiot to kill him/her.

Sol was in all the masonries at one point.

If I knew that as scum, and I knew Sol was comfortable enough in his/her trust to share that with my masonry, then why wouldn't I have used that trust to fish out town PRs in my mason chat?

this isn't nearly good enough of a defense for me

maybe solus didnt trust you after you counterclaimed him? i dont know what was going on in your masonry

also stuff like this is 300% wifom

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'll tell you this, I know something about Sol that if I were scum, I would be a complete idiot to kill him/her.

Sol was in all the masonries at one point.

If I knew that as scum, and I knew Sol was comfortable enough in his/her trust to share that with my masonry, then why wouldn't I have used that trust to fish out town PRs in my mason chat?

also if you had such a good masonry relationship with solus that you conceivably could've rolefished town PR's as scum, why did you choose to cop them? there seems to be some real tension with a town cop doing this in my book

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh i somehow missed the agreed to cop each other to test sanity post

yes i would like some verification on that

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

I can confirm Solus was in our masonry and didn't mention being anywhere else.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

28766f69642a2930 posted:

what I don’t get is that if dickyb is scum, why wouldn’t he at least pretend to have a town result on copping someone other than the deceased

because he knows he could get caught lying, and he would've been caught

i'm a tracker and i tracked dickyb to solus last night

occam's razor is on dickyb being the killer

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

gah this is bizarre

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i'm busy tonight i'm gonna come back to this tomorrow

George Kansas